The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

If you liked Panzer Corp, etc.

By on June 10, 2015 7:57:01 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Blaze of Glory

Join Date 04/2006
+27

There is a game called Order of Battle: Pacific. It is in the same vein as Panzer General/Panzer Corp. However, as the title says, it is in the Pacific. It also changes many of the rules. Supply is a major one Artillery is another as well as support from anti-tank. It has a mix of land/sea/air. So you have to balance what you buy for your corp units. Some scenarios won't allow army/naval units. That will limit which air units you have as well. The scenarios are long. Just finished Leyte Gulf, 50 turns, that was a fight! They have secondary objectives and it seems at times you got it and at the last second, oh so close. 

Really a good time. The battles on normal are intense. You have to keep your boys alive to fight another day, otherwise you are in the hole. It ain't as easy as it sounds. Well worth a try.

3 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 22, 2015 10:52:10 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

i've been watching Lets Plays of this. I'm planning on getting it soon. I'm a big fan of Panzer Corps and it looks similar.

July 23, 2015 3:44:11 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Order of Battle Pacific was just released for the Mac and is currently 10% off on PC and Mac:

http://www.matrixgames.com/news/1753/Order.of.Battle.Pacific.is.now.available.on.Mac.with.10.percent.of.discount.(and.a.stream)!

September 7, 2015 6:00:21 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

You get a point, i think.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000219   Page Render Time:

Terms of Use

Copyright © 2015 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.