The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

fallout 4 Launched

November 15

By on June 5, 2015 7:33:01 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

ElanaAhova

Join Date 09/2008
+102

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

EDIT:

FO4 is launched most places now, (except Japan?).  Ending updates to this thread.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Looks like Beth has released an official Fallout 4 trailer.  World has gone to the dogs, one car has the brotherhood icon painted on - just before we see an 'inert' brotherhood in full battle armor ...  is s/he really inert, or just watching? 

http://bethsoft.com/en-us/news  more news June 14 at 7PM EST from their E3 conference.  Use twitch.

Trailer at LA Times:  http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/herocomplex/la-et-hc-bethesda-confirms-fallout-4-in-development-20150603-story.html

Examiner:  http://www.examiner.com/article/bethesda-drops-fallout-4-official-trailer-game-already-on-sale

YouTube;  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE2BkLqMef4

Doesn't seem like this is another 'fake' trailer.  

I'm excited... your thoughts, hopes, etc?

Its all Over, 'cept for the Crying - Inkspots

28 July 2015:

No additional 'pip boy' collectors editions will be produced. - Beth http://hothardware.com/news/bethesda-cant-produce-more-fallout-4-pip-boy-editions-despite-fan-outcry

New repair system in FO4:  http://www.pcgamer.com/fallout-4-might-have-a-new-repair-system-but-bethesda-isnt-ready-to-talk-about-it/

Companions and Romance options: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/07/24/new-fallout-4-details-emerge-from-quakecon.aspx

Also, based on posters / in game artwork, their *maybe* combat in the Sea of Tranquility.  That's on Terra's moon... space travel?  ( I will update this entry as solid info becomes available.)

September 1-2, 2015 -Three new articles:

1) FO4 won't be as bleak as FO3, society has already commenced rebuilding.  Beth says the protagonist once lived in the pre holocaust world, so themes of emotional loss will be explored.  http://www.inquisitr.com/2385612/fallout-4-wont-be-as-bleak-as-previous-installments-of-the-series/

2) Beth told GameSpot that the PC specs will be released about a month before FO4 launches.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/heres-when-to-expect-fallout-4-pc-specs/1100-6429911/?ftag=YHR28b9ce3

3)  Beth is releasing a line of FO4 themed action figures:     

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/check-out-fallout-4-action-figure-prototypes/1100-6430254
===================================================

System specs Recommended
Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
Intel Core i7 4790 3.6 GHz/AMD FX-9590 4.7 GHz or equivalent
8 GB RAM
30 GB free HDD space
NVIDIA GTX 780 3GB/AMD Radeon R9 290X 4GB or equivalent

http://fallout4.com

===================================================

72 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 5, 2015 8:26:01 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Despite my initial hate for the change to first person in F3, it grew on me and i really loved the game in the end.

And since they cant mess it up with GfW, i am ...

Excited!!!

June 5, 2015 2:30:14 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Can't wait!! As soon as a release window is announced I'm counting on you, ElanaAhova to let us know .

June 5, 2015 6:22:37 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting RavenX,

Can't wait!! As soon as a release window is announced I'm counting on you, ElanaAhova to let us know .

For you RavenX, always... BTW, one big box store is taking pre-orders... but we both know how 'fast' that might be.  You want the big box url? 

June 5, 2015 10:14:57 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting ElanaAhova,

For you RavenX, always... BTW, one big box store is taking pre-orders... but we both know how 'fast' that might be.  You want the big box url? 

Oh you know I do, m'lady. Please, hooketh a brother up.

June 6, 2015 3:33:05 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Do want and mod it up... oh the waits gonna be painful. 

June 6, 2015 3:58:34 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting Hawawaa,

Do want and mod it up... oh the waits gonna be painful. 

Got that right. I'm hoping they'll say by the end of this year, but honestly I'm expecting next year. I think they announced Skyrim over a year out didn't they? Been a while now to remember.

June 6, 2015 10:59:52 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I find this amusing- 

June 7, 2015 12:52:16 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting OsirisDawn,

Excited!!!

Sure they can't mess it up with GfW, but it still has to go through microsoft and sony submissions for the console versions.  It's not that dissimilar, and since one of those will be the lead sku us poor PC users will likely get rubbish for controls and interface (at the very least).

June 7, 2015 6:49:36 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting happybjorn,
Quoting OsirisDawn,

Excited!!!

Sure they can't mess it up with GfW, but it still has to go through microsoft and sony submissions for the console versions.  It's not that dissimilar, and since one of those will be the lead sku us poor PC users will likely get rubbish for controls and interface (at the very least).

Likely - but the beth (TES / Fallout ) modding commmunity is quite robust... I expect a mosified  HUD, UI, etc. to be up and running very quickly. 

June 7, 2015 6:53:39 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting RavenX,

Quoting ElanaAhova,

Oh you know I do, m'lady. Please, hooketh a brother up.

Its on the Besybuy site...

June 7, 2015 8:06:37 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting ElanaAhova,

Likely - but the beth (TES / Fallout ) modding commmunity is quite robust... I expect a mosified  HUD, UI, etc. to be up and running very quickly. 

I have to agree. The PC interface/controls for Fallout 3 and Skyrim were both great. Bethesda is Great at catering to those of us in the PC crowd. People were worried they would "consolize" the controls for both of those but the PC controls were the best all around IMO. I don't think we'll have anything to worry about there. Also with modding as you say, there won't be a lack of options I'm sure.

Quoting ElanaAhova,

Its on the Besybuy site...

You are most kind, m'lady, thank you. I think I'll avoid BestBuy though. I'll wait for Gamestop to get their pre-orders up and then I'll go down there and put money down on the boxed PC version, probably the same day I pick up Arkham Knight later this month. Steam has Fallout 4 Pre-Purchase available already as well, but this is going to be a in-the-box buy for me. The only thing I hate about that is when they Don't do a midnight release and I have to wait until the next morning when I know Steam people are playing at midnight the night before.

I wonder if our Fallout 3 saves will have any impact on Fallout 4? That would be awesome if they did. I'd have to play through part 3 again though as I don't have my save game for it anymore.

June 7, 2015 10:41:51 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm with you, RavenX, I will wait for a more game oriented point of purchase.. and yes, I always get the DVD version - so i have backup if the digital part gets whacked by a mutant.     Can't wait - may still be a year away  (sad)

June 8, 2015 3:14:13 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Rumor is October 23rd ... the day the war started in Fallout.

June 9, 2015 6:25:21 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting OsirisDawn,

Do you remember what time the clocks stopped? 

June 9, 2015 7:05:13 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting ElanaAhova,

Quoting OsirisDawn,

Do you remember what time the clocks stopped? 

Nah, i am not that much a nerd. 

(9:47 east coast)

June 15, 2015 3:43:28 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Release will be Nov 10th it seems.

The Net is going crazy, the E3 Show was good, apparently.

June 15, 2015 7:17:11 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

It was good. Pet play, buildable stuff, pipboy minigames, customizable weapons etc all on top the standard formula. Looked like a top-of-the-line AAA game.

Also an ios game called fallout shelter available now. Android coming later.

June 15, 2015 7:44:58 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting OsirisDawn,

Release will be Nov 10th it seems.

The Net is going crazy, the E3 Show was good, apparently.

yes, yes.  I think we can count on November.   But the 10th?   Lets hope! 

June 15, 2015 10:47:14 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

For people who missed it, here's the entire Fallout Coverage clipped into one video. It's all Fallout 4 except for a 3-4 minute part in the middle which is a Fallout iOS game they did (that's already out btw).

November 10th baby, F YEAH!!! Christmas is coming early this year!!!

June 16, 2015 12:38:09 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

So is anyone else as Blown Away by Fallout 4 as I am? I went out and put $20 down on my copy tonight when I paid off Batman: Arkham Knight. I was going to spring for the collectors edition this time around, but you need a cell phone to put in the pip boy and I don't have (nor want) a cell phone. If I had that pip boy though I'd want to be buried with it...lol. You know, in case they ever dig me up and make a ghoul or super mutant out of me in the future. At least I'll be prepared.

Seriously though this looks AMAZING. I think I've watched the above video I posted at least 5 times today. 

June 16, 2015 8:12:02 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I am like totally blown away.  The attention to detail, the before and after, player modifiable weapons, power armor, 111 survivor based on couple created at game start.  I would love a pip boy for my wrist - maybe finally go cos-play?  And I am really, really excited about the modding prospects.  The char gen system is same one used for making NPCs - I see so many possibilities.  And the beauty, the light affects, blown away, I am.  If the quests and story line, the Institute, etc., are as well done as what we have seen in the game so far - well - blow me away, over and over again.   I have never been excited about a new game coming out.   Skyrim, X-com, OK, cool.  But excited - anticipating release of Fallout 4 is exciting.  I usually wait and get games on sale.   This wil be the first time I don't wait. 

One concern: Wish I knew what PC specs are necessary to play Fallout 4 with he same graphic settings we see in the previews.

June 16, 2015 10:15:56 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting ElanaAhova,

111 survivor based on couple created at game start.

I think that's just the baby at the start (unless it plays into the game later). You play as the guy/girl you make at the start. During the video Todd Howard says the baby is based off what the couple you make looks like, but, he also says when you emerge from Vault 111 you're the only survivor. So, presumably the other character you don't pick and the baby both die in the beginning. I'm thinking though if they go through the trouble of generating the baby based off what those two look like it'll probably play in later.

I saw something about the specs when I did a Google search on that very thing. Not sure if it was reliable but I'll check and see if I can find it for you. I don't think the specs will be too much higher than Skyrim's though.

June 16, 2015 11:19:08 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting RavenX,

Quoting ElanaAhova,

111 survivor based on couple created at game start.

I think that's just the baby at the start (unless it plays into the game later). You play as the guy/girl you make at the start. During the video Todd Howard says the baby is based off what the couple you make looks like, but, he also says when you emerge from Vault 111 you're the only survivor. So, presumably the other character you don't pick and the baby both die in the beginning. I'm thinking though if they go through the trouble of generating the baby based off what those two look like it'll probably play in later.

I saw something about the specs when I did a Google search on that very thing. Not sure if it was reliable but I'll check and see if I can find it for you. I don't think the specs will be too much higher than Skyrim's though.

I was thinking the player character is the baby.  Likely?  I know the vid said you start as the character on screen when you exit that screen... but maybe... misdirection?  Oh, who knows....  LOL. 

June 16, 2015 1:13:41 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

When you watch the vid, it's the guy in the mirror who comes out of the vault 200 years later, and his Mr Handy even recognizes him and calls him by name. I'm thinking in the vault you go into some kind of "stasis" or something, he says he's not giving away the spoilers, but it's still you 200 years later. That means either the character you don't choose and the baby either die, or they're somehow saved too and maybe get out before you. He even says you're the only survivor of vault 111. I am hoping you run into the character you don't choose (husband/wife) at some time later though, or maybe your own grandkid. You definitely come out of the vault 200 years later as the character you make though, he just doesn't say the specifics of how.

And you call yourself a Fallout fan....pay attention to the video, gees

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000437   Page Render Time: