The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Map modding

By on April 4, 2015 5:06:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Monogod

Join Date 11/2010

I'm still playing and modding characters and maps. However I don't find a way to bring visual map changes in a mod.

Characters are easy to change, there are the xxx.bp files where I can chante the directory of the dds files - but what about maps?

Do I have to change th SCAMP files?

5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 23, 2016 6:11:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

They were made using Granny, good luck, nobody has been able to change the 3D map themselves (though map assets like tower / flags / shop locations are easy enough to move around)

February 11, 2016 3:13:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

on April 4, 2015

on January 23, 2016

This is the end. (((

February 13, 2016 1:10:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting LORD-ORION,

They were made using Granny, good luck, nobody has been able to change the 3D map themselves (though map assets like tower / flags / shop locations are easy enough to move around)

Yeah - this.  One of the major problems to modding folks was the choice to use granny.  We saw some really cool map suggestions and mods here, but that was not something they could provide us with via a mod kit or anything.  You need the software which is priced really high.  We had some really good looking maps imo anyway... 

A bunch of us were super pumped up at one point to create new maps but we couldn't come up with something via SD or GPG.  So yeah... new maps kind of bit the dust.  And the creation of new maps wasn't deemed worth the investment. The game pretty much became about cataract, the population dwindled, so investing $$ in a new map didn't make much sense, really - even as DLC. Or that was the take at the time.  Once DG hit steam, they probably could have easily justified a map DLC.  

edit - heh - now I'm necroing threads also... ><

February 14, 2016 2:40:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting pacov,

edit - heh - now I'm necroing threads also... ><

well, because this game was awesome, and still is, if you have a bunch of great friends to play it with! I really hope this game sees a sequel....

February 14, 2016 2:58:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Why it was abandoned by the publisher? Great game!..
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000141   Page Render Time: