The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Beer Map!

By on March 17, 2015 11:29:53 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums External Link

Leo the Lion

Join Date 05/2003
+89

Interesting article...........http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2998149/World-beer-map-shows-country-s-popular-brew.html

What's you favorite?

Mine.....Asashi beer from Japan..........Very refreshing

34 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 17, 2015 11:49:36 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Corona.... at the present. But usually when it is hot out and in tomato juice! Very refreshing! 

March 17, 2015 3:10:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Innis and Gunn

March 17, 2015 4:12:49 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Coopers' Vintage ...

March 17, 2015 6:49:23 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Coopers either Vintage OR Sparkling

March 17, 2015 7:05:15 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Strange...........I thought Fosters would have been the most popular in oz but maybe I'm way behind the times..........

March 17, 2015 10:28:56 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Most lagers are much of a muchly. Ozzy beer is pretty boring, US standard beers are a disgrace. In general the large batch brewed beers are consistent, but bland, nice when it is hot and you are thirsty. But there is much more to beer than that.

The best beer brewing country is without a doubt Belgium. Whether you after doubles or triple yeasted beers or abbey brewed or even a lager you can't beat them.

When the lads come over then I tend to stick to Stella Artois, Heineken or Grolsch.

March 17, 2015 10:36:29 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Leo the Lion,

Strange...........I thought Fosters would have been the most popular in oz but maybe I'm way behind the times..........

LOL. I can't remember the last time i even saw Fosters for sale in a bottleshop or Pub. They probably still do but it is not, has never been and will never be a very popular beer in Australia. Quite frankly it's terrible beer. . VB would easily be the most popular here in Oz, Especially in Victoria. 

March 17, 2015 10:47:18 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Nimbin,

LOL. I can't remember the last time i even saw Fosters for sale in a bottleshop or Pub. They probably still do but it is not, has never been and will never be a very popular beer in Australia. Quite frankly it's terrible beer. . VB would easily be the most popular here in Oz, Especially in Victoria.

Back in the day Fosters was quite popular....then along came aluminium cans...and the flavour went to shit.

VB is popular simply because Builders' labourers can't spell BEER or XXXX.... though the shit hit the fan when they tried to reduce the alcohol content....

The most 'popular' beer in Australia - that is actually Australian-owned is Coopers'.

Vintage is better-if-you-can-keep-it-2-years .... otherwise Sparkling is the go.

Coopers' is "so good" they bought out the US home brewing co's.... 

March 18, 2015 1:58:06 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I used to drink Crown Lagers.

Now that I am starting to age I have turned to James Boag's premium light.

Cheers

Macca

March 18, 2015 3:33:16 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Guinness

March 18, 2015 12:05:22 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Yep, I'd agree with a comment above..........Belgian Beer has so of the best and an incredible variety.

March 23, 2015 2:50:59 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

My fav?  Whatever beer is flowing in the fountains up there with the flying spaghetti monster.      J/K  I like really crisp home brew!  

March 23, 2015 3:26:34 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

For me these days it's Kilkenney.... a rich and dark Irish brew made from the original recipe of the Kilkenney Abbey monks.

A Worthingtons or Boddingtons isn't bad if Kilkenney's not available... or a Whitbread Tankard, not that I've seen any in a while.

After that it is either Tooheys Old or Tooheys New..... sometimes a XXXX if the price is right.

As for Fosters, that's swamp piss with the slime skimmed off the top... wouldn't put it near my mouth, much less in it.

And VB [alternatively known as Venereal Brew], well that isn't fit to serve as pig swill.... wouldn't have it in the house, much less taking up room in the fridge.

Coopers of any variety is good, but most often it's hard to find up here in QLD, or it costs way more due to shipping, etc.... though I will grab some if I'm buying and see it on special.  Strangely enough, Coopers costs more up here than most imported British beers... go figure.

March 23, 2015 6:08:28 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I also agree with starkers regarding fucksters, and that Victim Bugger(btw have NOT had any in the last 30 years and will be atleast 30 years MORE before I have any and only then when I am totally senile (not a family trait as none of the family have ever qualified as less than razor sharp minds even on their deathbeds)

harpo, the NON-subscriber

March 23, 2015 2:47:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

As I was saying harpo99999,  Nothing of importance can get both high and low.

March 23, 2015 3:09:04 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Another beer one should NEVER put in their mouth is John Courage... not the Courage made in England BTW.

Anyway, we had a brewery strike in Qld back in the 70's and beers from all over were being shipped in to keep the pub doors open.  So one night some mates and I were out in Brisbane seeking a decent beer, and we came across a pub in George Street selling John Courage.  Let's say it was NOT a decent beer... FAR from it.  Was more like sewage strained through a sweaty sock and bottled with the methane still in it to give it bubbles.  Seriously, it was that bad.  Fortunately, we got to talking with Wiley Reed, a blues player who was performing there, and he put us on to South Pacific Lager, which wasn't too bad... told us we had to go up to the bar and ask for SP or we'd get the sewage strained through a sweaty sock..

March 23, 2015 3:36:36 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

A&W.

March 23, 2015 4:08:12 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting harpo99999,

senile (not a family trait as none of the family have ever qualified as less than razor sharp minds even on their deathbeds)

It doesn't have to be a family trait for a person to become senile.  My father went through it before he passed on, and it wasn't a family trait for him, either.  For him it was likely caused by vascular surgery and a massive post-op infection which saw his general health decline rapidly and irrepariably.  However, there are several other contributing factors: smoking, alcohol and drug abuse... a past head trauma.  So no, it's not something one should ever count as being purely hereditry.

March 23, 2015 10:29:02 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Boddington's.............They sell it over here in the US. I think I'll pop down the 'offie' (as they call it in the UK).........or 'Liquor Store' as they call it here in the US and grab a 4 pack of the 'nectar'................  

March 23, 2015 10:44:06 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

You will not find many "off licence "over here now you want drink  go to the supermarket or cut price stores 

March 24, 2015 2:28:22 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting RickJP,

You will not find many "off licence "over here now you want drink  go to the supermarket or cut price stores 

Not too many offies left here in Oz, either... most have either been bought up or forced out of business by Woolworths and Coles, our supermarket duopoly that has fingers in just about every pie these days.  On top of food; clothing; furniture and electricals, they're into fuel; insurance; banking; pharmacuelticals; optometry; pubs, bistros and bottlos; hardware; mobile phone services.  Next the bastards 'll be going into politics and buying up the brothels.

However, there's still an independent bottlo just around the corner from here and I buy all my supplies there.  I refuse to deal with Woolworths or Coles owned outlets on principle... what with hostile takovers, predatory pricing and sending 100's of 1000's of farmers and small businesses bankrupt.

Yeah, I know!  S'posed to be about beer and here I am ranting about bastards in retail. 

Must be time for a cold Kilkenny.

March 24, 2015 8:38:30 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

I enjoy Kasteel Rouge No8. It can be a little costly if you drink a lot of it, but I find it very enjoyable.

April 10, 2015 11:55:33 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

http://www.thrillist.com/drink/nation/the-best-beer-countries-in-the-world

Surprised to find NZ in the list. As expected Belgium #1 I would have place Netherlands higher, the microbreweries there produce some  amazing beer.

April 11, 2015 12:46:14 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

If that list hasn't got Oz in it then I expect it would also have America as some form of 'great place' for coffee.

Clearly a whole heap of crap...

And if Kiwiland was so good beer-wise why is it almost the entire population now lives in Oz....or is it just our social services...

April 11, 2015 3:00:04 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Most of those beers are either sheepdip or cat's piss.

You can't beat a good real ale

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000500   Page Render Time:

Terms of Use

Copyright © 2015 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.