The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Sneak peek at next FE:LH DLC!

By on October 25, 2014 6:47:12 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1469

The tentative name for the next DLC for Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes is Battlegrounds.

A little background on the world

When a map is generated, we use tiny pieces of land called “stamps”.  The stamps were one of the first things we made when developing Fallen Enchantress and haven’t bee touched since. 

Needless to say, if you’ve played the game enough you start to recognize pieces of the world.  Moreover, in the years since they were made, we’ve found that certain types of maps are more fun than others. 

Hence, we’re looking at the new DLC, which will likely be only $4.99 to include over 20 new stamps and roughly the same number of new tactical battle maps.

The result is both subtle and profound, especially in terms of replayability.  More to come.

Locked Post 20 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 25, 2014 8:25:32 PM from Sorcerer King Forums Sorcerer King Forums

Brad, I don't know if you noticed or not, but this thread is within the SK sub folder.

I assume you intended to place it in an FE/LH sub folder?

Quoting ,

The tentative name for the next DLC for Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes is Battlegrounds.
A little background on the world
When a map is generated, we use tiny pieces of land called “stamps”.  The stamps were one of the first things we made when developing Fallen Enchantress and haven’t bee touched since. 
Needless to say, if you’ve played the game enough you start to recognize pieces of the world.  Moreover, in the years since they were made, we’ve found that certain types of maps are more fun than others. 
Hence, we’re looking at the new DLC, which will likely be only $4.99 to include over 20 new stamps and roughly the same number of new tactical battle maps.

The result is both subtle and profound, especially in terms of replayability.  More to come.

October 25, 2014 11:36:41 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The Elemental dev journals show up both on the SK site and FE site.

October 26, 2014 12:42:59 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

The Elemental dev journals show up both on the SK site and FE site.

And on the Galciv3 site.

October 26, 2014 2:23:52 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Awesome. This kind of long term support is really appreciated. I wish more developers would look at their products as platforms instead of one and done affairs.

October 26, 2014 4:24:33 AM from Sorcerer King Forums Sorcerer King Forums

Looks pretty neat. Glad EFELH is still getting the love. ^^

October 26, 2014 8:29:43 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Are the tactical battle maps going to work like SK, with certain places you can't go?

October 26, 2014 11:24:29 AM from Sorcerer King Forums Sorcerer King Forums

Oh buddy. Are those new stamps just using the crystal tile on mountains for looks, or will these news stamps slap resources in mountains as a reward for diligent terraformers?

October 26, 2014 11:46:19 AM from Little Tiny Frogs Forums Little Tiny Frogs Forums

unfortunately the new maps won't work with sk.  But the tactical battles may have special bonus tiles that do extra damage if you're in it.

October 26, 2014 3:09:46 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

unfortunately the new maps won't work with sk.  But the tactical battles may have special bonus tiles that do extra damage if you're in it.

Do you mean tiles that power you up through some magic or simply higher ground (or something like that)?

October 26, 2014 4:05:17 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

This is awesome!

Really looking forward to this DLC.

October 26, 2014 4:47:15 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

This might become the first DLC I purchase for this game!

Is 1.8 still on its way? I can't find the details on its contents anymore...

Quoting Frogboy,

If there will be bonus tiles, will there also be penalty tiles?

October 26, 2014 9:12:08 PM from Sorcerer King Forums Sorcerer King Forums

ETA?

November 8, 2014 6:35:32 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Oooh, this looks good. ETA?

November 9, 2014 8:14:49 AM from Sorcerer King Forums Sorcerer King Forums

Don't know why they're not telling us more about when to expect it

November 9, 2014 8:48:17 AM from Sorcerer King Forums Sorcerer King Forums

Is it just me that saw the picture and felt like it was a picture in some bug thread? A big 'S' which is obviously not supposed to be visible during gameplay. Random props sticking out of mountains (oddly placed stones, a crystal quarry, a skeleton from some quest or something... I thought mountains were supposed to be impassible).

Also the name is 'battlegrounds', showing a strategic map stamp in the editor rather than a few of the new battle maps seems odd. But it does make you re-read the description to understand what the DLC actually does.

November 9, 2014 10:53:44 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The S shows up in the map editor only, shows the center of the map stamp object. I think that picture was for map creators and modders to 'get' the value, which could be huge for replayability. I bet we'll see tactical map pic soon.

I'm gonna buy this one instantly.

November 9, 2014 11:03:39 AM from Sorcerer King Forums Sorcerer King Forums

Thanks. I rarely make maps. (I used to make them for Heroes of might and magic... but it's a lot of work with diminishing returns.) So I assumed it was an editor/coding pic not ingame. Though I'm still curious as to what's actually underneath the S.

November 9, 2014 12:28:23 PM from Sorcerer King Forums Sorcerer King Forums

I think/guess the S denotes a starting area.

November 9, 2014 12:54:45 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Oh, you might be right Leo, S might be a starting area not the center of a stamp.

I am a map editor amateur still.

November 13, 2014 6:21:24 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

cool

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000312   Page Render Time:

Terms of Use

Copyright © 2016 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.