The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Sorcerer King player spell suggestion list

By on October 16, 2014 8:24:54 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1478

The below spells are ones that I think can be implemented that have come from players.

1. Spell that creates a Swamp tile (slows movement)
  2. Spell that turns a group of tiles into ones that do damage if you walk through them.
  3. Meteor Strike – spell that destroys everything in it, leaves crater.
  4. Wall of Fire – tiles do damage to anyone who walks through them.
  5. Tsunami, huge wave of water is conjured up that wipes out units
  6. Your spell idea here…

(will be reading comments, I have read several threads already on the subject and picked spells that were feasible and/or ones I thought would be fun).

Locked Post 13 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 16, 2014 8:53:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Wall of Ice - impassable, but its parts can be melted down with some powerful fire spell.

Pit - creates an impassable and very deep pit, killing everyone on the tile/tiles. Cannot be undone.

October 16, 2014 9:55:51 PM from Sorcerer King Forums Sorcerer King Forums

Creeping Rust: reduces the damage caused by all weapons, and the defense rating of all metal armor by half.

Laryngitis: prevents spells being cast by target for 5 turns.

Ray of cold: Like ice storm except it can only target a couple of units (like fireball)

Lightning bolt: An oldie but a goodie.

October 16, 2014 10:14:03 PM from Sorcerer King Forums Sorcerer King Forums

If we can't surround a shard with rock, then maybe we can...

BANISH SHARD: Target shard is removed from the map, disallowing either the sorcerer king to destroy it or the player to build upon it.

Oh, this might be interesting:

FALSE FLAG MASSACRE: Target neutral player that has joined the Sorcerer King no longer assaults the player, but the doomsday counter gets +10.

October 16, 2014 10:59:18 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Accelerated Learning - Strategic Spell that levels up a given unit. Wouldn't work on champions, or would be much more expensive for them.

Acid Rain - Defense from enemy equipment (if they have any) is halved.

Reveal Lieutenant - Strategic spell that reveals the Sorcerer King's Lieutenants for a few turns.

Repair Shard - Strategic Spell that repairs some damage to a damaged shard.

Wild Charge - Animal and Mounted units get a boost to movement and attack.

October 17, 2014 3:06:12 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Summon Lord of Night- Permanently reduces mana generation 30%. Summons a demon mage hero.

Blood Edge- Pay half health to do an equal amount of damage.

Absolute Blade- Deals attack times 3 damage to the target for each previous time Absolute Blade has been used on the target this battle.

Charge- Double Attack for next action.

Unstable- All stats are increased by 30%, but this unit dies after one battle.

Momentum- Each time this unit is struck, Defense is increased by level/4. Each time this unit attacks, Attack is increased by level/4.

October 17, 2014 7:09:39 AM from Sorcerer King Forums Sorcerer King Forums

Quoting Borg999,

Ray of cold: Like ice storm except it can only target a couple of units (like fireball)

Lightning bolt: An oldie but a goodie.

Creeping Rust: reduces the damage caused by all weapons, and the defense rating of all metal armor by half.

Laryngitis: prevents spells being cast by target for 5 turns.

Add Edit: I thought of this last night

Temporarily Undead: Changes a random enemy unit into a skeleton that will attack the unit that is closest to it (friend or foe) for 5 turns.

October 17, 2014 9:35:01 AM from Sorcerer King Forums Sorcerer King Forums

I strongly advocate spells that are more than just variants of damage (Wall of Fire, Meteor Strike, Tsunami, etc are fun spells and have pretty visual effects, but they don't really change strategic decisions that I make on a fundamental level).

October 17, 2014 9:58:12 AM from Sorcerer King Forums Sorcerer King Forums

Quoting HenriHakl,

I strongly advocate spells that are more than just variants of damage (Wall of Fire, Meteor Strike, Tsunami, etc are fun spells and have pretty visual effects, but they don't really change strategic decisions that I make on a fundamental level).

That's true, fun is over rated.

October 17, 2014 10:06:30 AM from Sorcerer King Forums Sorcerer King Forums
  • Restless Master (area enchantment) - non-undead that die in the area of effect are returned to play under the enchantment owner's control, they gain type undead and have maximum hitpoints reduced to 5

• Requiem of the Mighty (area enchantment) - creatures with a power rating below 10 cannot attack or use abilities within the enchanted area

• Buoyed by Magic (area enchantment) - creatures within area of effect gain +1 to attack and hitpoints for every unit enchantment on them

• Steeled Numbers (area enchantment) - creatures within area of effect gain +1 to hitpoints for every unit of the same faction in area of effect

• Court of Tempests (area enchantment) - ranged attack rating of creatures within area of effect is reduced by 5

• Return to Nurture (global enchantment) - when a creature with more than 50 hit points dies, the land it dies on is restored (if it was ruined), otherwise becomes more habitable (desert becomes grassland, etc)

• Opulence (area enchantment) - enchantment owner gains +X gold each turn, where X is the number of champions in area of effect (champions of any faction count for this effect)

• Blood-Fueled Berserkers (area enchantment) - all creatures in area of effect gain Maul while in area of effect, and gain a permanent +1 bonus to attack whenever they kill a unit

• Weight of Time (global enchantment) - all creatures have their max hitpoints reduced by 1 each turn

• Shadow of Glory (global enchantment) - whenever any creature would be summoned, summon a shadow creature of type undead with 5 attack and 10 hitpoints instead

• Bountiful Pact of Planes (global enchantment) - whenever any creature is summoned, enchantment's owner gains 5 gold

• Death Bloom (area enchantment) - whenever any creature dies in area of effect it causes an explosion in a 1 tactical tile radius for damage equal to the dying creature's max hitpoints

• Elemental Flood (area enchantment) - whenever a creature would suffer elemental damage in area of effect, it suffers that much elemental damage + 10 instead

• Chain of Condemned (area enchantment) - whenever a creature in area of effect dies, all other creatures of the same type in the area of effect suffer 5 damage

• Immortal Time Lapse (area enchantment) - whenever a creature in area of effect dies, all other creatures in the area of effect have their current hitpoints reset to what it was at the start of the turn (referring to game turn, not combat turn)

• Hexfoil (unit enchantment) - enchanted unit is exempt from all global and area enchantment effects

October 17, 2014 10:11:23 AM from Sorcerer King Forums Sorcerer King Forums

Quoting Borg999,

Quoting HenriHakl,

That's true, fun is over rated.

hehehe - no I want Tsunami and Meteor Strike as well. But I also want powerful bizarre magic spells that fundamentally alter the rules of engagement. A little bit like playing Magic the Gathering, sometimes I want to play a white-weenie deck and overwhelm the SK with a large army of expendables. And sometimes I want to play a blue-black control deck that makes it really hard for the SK to make a move. And sometimes I want an all aggro red deck with big splashy direct damage spells and brutal monsters.

October 17, 2014 2:01:36 PM from Sorcerer King Forums Sorcerer King Forums

Oh, can arcane monolith come back?

October 17, 2014 2:26:07 PM from Sorcerer King Forums Sorcerer King Forums

Summon frog, plague of frogs and bloated toad, please.

March 23, 2015 8:47:14 AM from Sorcerer King Forums Sorcerer King Forums

Brain wash / Mind control

High level spells / rare strategic spell

Effect: Provides favor points with a specific Remnant 

Target: Home city of Remnant 

Cost: 100 mana. 

Description: Target Remnant gains +3 favor towards you. 

Suitable sovereign: Tyrant, Wizard

Conspiration

High level spells / rare strategic spell

Effect: Substracts favor points from SK's relation with a specific Remnant 

Cost: 100 mana. 

Description: SK loses 3 favor towards target Remnant. 

Power Surge

Mid level spells / uncommon strategic spell

Effect: Provides an instant boost of mana, while lowering mana in the next 20 turns with 10 mana 

Cost: 50 mana. 

Description: You immediately gain 200 mana. However you will have a lowered mana production (-10) in the 20 turns due to the time required to regain mana strength.

Storm cloud

Mid level spells / uncommon tactical spell

Effect: Provides 3x3 area of clouds  which randomly strikes any unit for 20 + 2xshards lighting damage

Target: 3x3 area

Duration: 3 turns

Cooldown: 5 turns

Charge: 2 turns

Cost: 20 mana. 

Description: The target area is clouded by lighting clouds, where any unit stationed in the area is randomly hit for 20 + 2xshards lighting damage.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000156   Page Render Time:

Terms of Use

Copyright © 2016 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.