The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

How to delete my account?

By on September 24, 2014 2:26:26 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

ArkhanTheBlack

Join Date 04/2006

How can I delete my account? I can't seem to be able to do it via account options, so do I have to contact an admin (who)?

Locked Post 7 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 24, 2014 2:42:11 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

If you are a customer, your account cannot be completely deleted as they are all tied together.

September 24, 2014 3:38:10 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

That's unfortunate. Is it at least possible to remove the forum part of the account? Since if I want to post I'll do it in the Steam forum in future. And I hate keeping dead accounts alive.

September 26, 2014 11:44:23 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting ArkhanTheBlack,

That's unfortunate. Is it at least possible to remove the forum part of the account? Since if I want to post I'll do it in the Steam forum in future. And I hate keeping dead accounts alive.

Your customer/forum login is the same, as Island Dog mentioned.  If one is 'deleted' both are.

The only option would be to ban your access to these forums which is more readily achieved simply by your not logging into them.

The advantage of a username remaining 'registered' is that no-one else can adopt your identity by coincidence [or by design] and thus cause confusion to others.

If you wish to remain off these forums either simply do so...or PM myself or Island Dog and your access can be removed for you...

September 27, 2014 5:56:01 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thanks, I think I leave it at that, I don't want to over-complicate things. One of my other forum accounts got hacked, and since I was using the same password for other forums I had to go on a cleaning run. I therefore took the opportunity to delete some my 367574865 forum accounts I created centuries ago and rarely post in anymore. But well, with the upcoming GalCiv III I might get active in the forum again, even if I prefer to post in the Steam forums nowadays since I only need one account to rule them all.

September 27, 2014 6:49:23 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

For each account you have, you should have a unique, strong password...

September 27, 2014 9:08:37 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I know! But since I want to keep my sanity, I'm using LastPass now to manage my countless online passwords.

September 27, 2014 9:20:43 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

^ You chose wisely.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000093   Page Render Time: