The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Oh burn

By on September 17, 2014 6:15:15 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1478

Locked Post 26 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 17, 2014 7:07:21 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

oh snap!

September 17, 2014 7:19:16 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Send them back to the stone age!

September 17, 2014 7:50:01 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

SHOTS FIRED

September 17, 2014 8:09:57 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Raise shields and Fire everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 17, 2014 8:13:55 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I've got your 'Diplomacy' right here. Just look carefully at this plasma cannon....

September 17, 2014 9:30:10 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Ahhhhhh, let me pee on your Drengin Skinflakes!!!!!

September 17, 2014 10:44:37 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Now that is what I call diplomacy. He didn't even flinch when he said that... brilliant.

September 18, 2014 12:19:30 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Are you ready for shoes? Or are you still getting the hang of strings?

September 18, 2014 12:34:56 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Lord Kona's Status

[] Not Told

[] Told

[] Toldasaurus Rex

[X] Negotiated with Bradley

September 18, 2014 6:21:09 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The sound Frogboy made:

September 18, 2014 9:57:11 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

OMG

September 18, 2014 12:07:12 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

That's pretty good. Please put more in!

September 18, 2014 2:20:17 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Shoots fired. 

Is this gonna turn out like Civ 5 ie Alex is a ahole but in this case depends on which race your playing and how your playing. I would love that. 

September 19, 2014 2:26:39 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting satoru1,

I've got your 'Diplomacy' right here. Just look carefully at this plasma cannon....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjbmOybFWeg

and... for the best part of the episode...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w5JqQLqqTc

cheers,

-tid242

September 20, 2014 11:24:56 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

That was.. Good.

September 21, 2014 9:58:45 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Hmm, this seems to be a running gag then.  In GC2, it was Kona that would snidely comment about humans being up on their rear legs.

September 22, 2014 12:58:32 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I think the Diplomacy branch should have zinger techs that you must research, which entitles you to be the first empire to drop a Hackneyed Zinger in your next diplomatic interaction.  Zingers have mild diplomatic bonus effect.

Then we'd race .  And zingers are galaxy-wide wonders, so nobody could zing you back with the same phrase in the same game.  That'd cut down on overuse of zingers ...

September 22, 2014 1:17:41 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

"Lord Kona,I have a question and a message for you!.Question - Do You only walk upright some of the time or just when they shove a broomstick up your back? Message - Your fleet above Arcea is gone!"

lol

P.S I cant seem to be able to create a thread on this forum (probably because I only own GC2 atm?)

But I noticed something while watching a lets play on Youtube - If you cant go into anothers territory without it automatically declaring war on you? what happens when 2 factions either side of your empire want to go to war with each other and your the neutral faction in the middle? do they declare war on you to get to their real target? in which case -

Welcome to the Sandwich Wars!   (your the filling)

September 22, 2014 1:41:48 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Echelion,

But I noticed something while watching a lets play on Youtube - If you cant go into anothers territory without it automatically declaring war on you? what happens when 2 factions either side of your empire want to go to war with each other and your the neutral faction in the middle? do they declare war on you to get to their real target? in which case -

LOL Well, diplomacy isn't currently in so everyone is already at war. It wouldn't matter. Diplomacy will be for Beta 2 run.

September 22, 2014 1:56:49 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Now I have to pull out GC II and see if borders are actually in game. I do not remember but I thought you could move freely through any races space armed or not. There are no 'closed borders' in GC III (as far as I can find) so in the scenario above your entire owned space could in theory be a battleground without any of your ships or stations ever being involved. 

Remember, space is mindbogglingly BIG!

September 22, 2014 2:13:31 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting Ryat,

Quoting Echelion,

LOL Well, diplomacy isn't currently in so everyone is already at war. It wouldn't matter. Diplomacy will be for Beta 2 run.

Well its gonna make Beta 2 interesting for you lot if nothing else?

@Larsenex yes in GC2 your borders are open as I'm currently playing a game where I'm the piggy in the middle  while the Drengin and Iconians and Torians all take pot shots at each other over my territory.I was just curious as to how a scenario like would play out with the upcoming patches come in? we'll just have to wait and see.

September 26, 2014 10:03:42 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting ,

Can we have other races insulting eachother as well please such as the iconians slagging off the yor or alterians?

December 29, 2014 7:16:56 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I imagine someone is going to build something epic around this meme if it stays in many more builds, you have been warned

The upright race shall spell your doom. 

April 27, 2015 1:41:11 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Drengin are like apes and frogs mixed together the more I think about it...not surprising really. Lol

April 27, 2015 3:15:15 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Doh.  The Drengin are clearly the left overs from the Planet of the Apes.  Rejects.  Not even as useful as the human slaves.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001063   Page Render Time: