The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

If you are or want to be a US Citizen, do you think you can pass this test?

By on August 21, 2014 1:13:48 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums External Link

LightStar

Join Date 12/2002
+515

Found this on the Internet today and took the test myself, actually scored 100% How about you? 

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2011/0104/Could-you-pass-a-US-citizenship-test/Who-signs-bills

Locked Post 28 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 21, 2014 1:49:38 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

89%, though if I'm gonna be honest, I kind of guessed at a few that ended up being correct.

Although, in that same vein of being honest, it felt more like a history test then anything else.

August 21, 2014 2:22:57 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Its  a history test and i am really bad in histoy , especially those of the USA ! So i won`t post my result here.

however i did get the most important questions right . I do know that it is recommended to study the american history a bit before you come to USA ( but i don`t wanna, europe(germany/france) is good enough for me )

August 21, 2014 2:56:37 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I should have done better. I only got 96%.

August 21, 2014 4:07:27 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

71%. Fuck y'all.

August 21, 2014 4:14:50 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting sureshot106,

I should have done better. I only got 96%.

Excellent! 

Quoting Heavenfall,

71%. Fuck y'all.

Well, as your profile says you are from Sweden, you did quite well actually. 

(Except for the unnecessary expletive). 

August 21, 2014 4:55:25 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

81 percent. Being from Slovakia i am quite satisfied with my performance.  If this is all what it takes to become US citizen, gimme the passport now!

August 21, 2014 5:47:31 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

100%...it was simple.

August 21, 2014 8:53:16 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting DrJBHL,

100%...it was simple.

Good going Doc! 

August 21, 2014 9:05:15 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

August 21, 2014 9:08:45 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Sometimes you wonder how many US citizens would be such...if the test was a real prerequisite....

August 21, 2014 9:17:59 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Jafo,

Sometimes you wonder how many US citizens would be such...if the test was a real prerequisite.

The direct effect no doubt would be an increase in the IQ of the gene pool........and a lot of open space to build a home.              

August 21, 2014 9:47:42 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Jafo,

Sometimes you wonder how many US citizens would be such...if the test was a real prerequisite....

especially if the test was loaded with crap ...

August 21, 2014 10:36:10 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

lol ...

Currently [in Vic] we're trying to do an equivalent of 'The Knowledge' for Taxi drivers .... so far there's been about 70 people sit it...and only one passed...

Needless to say...we definitely don't have a Police charge called "DWB" for Taxi drivers.....they almost all are...

[you may have to look the acronym up....it's English]...

August 22, 2014 12:12:17 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

88%

August 22, 2014 1:22:32 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Philly0381,

Quoting Jafo,

Sometimes you wonder how many US citizens would be such...if the test was a real prerequisite.

The direct effect no doubt would be an increase in the IQ of the gene pool........and a lot of open space to build a home.              

Most of that is caused by the education system in the US, it SUCKS BIG TIME! 

August 22, 2014 3:48:56 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

100%. It was very easy.

August 22, 2014 4:32:53 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Every year the education is the U.S. is getting worse.  They want drones instead of smart citizens.  They are not teaching like they did when I was in school.  They don't even teach the kids how to cursive write.  I asked the teacher why and she said most print or use computers.

August 22, 2014 8:16:35 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting WOM,

Every year the education is the U.S. is getting worse.  They want drones instead of smart citizens.  They are not teaching like they did when I was in school.  They don't even teach the kids how to cursive write.  I asked the teacher why and she said most print or use computers.

Yeah, pretty soon no one will be able to sign their name! Hell, my son just graduated high school and the stupid place gives extra credit if you bring in boxes of tissue and treats at times! What an education system we have!

Hell, the Governor of the state I live in unfortunately said during his election campaign that he would bring back the trades into high schools so kids could learn a real job. But of course, he lied as usual. They taught trades when I went to high school in Michigan in the 1960's!

August 22, 2014 8:30:17 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting WOM,

Yea,I got the same answer from the teachers where I live. I find it hard to imagine a world where people, if forced to write by hand, will only be able to print.

August 23, 2014 9:15:37 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Borg999,

I find it hard to imagine a world where people, if forced to write by hand, will only be able to print.

Quoting Borg999,

They don't even teach the kids how to cursive write

But that could be reality in some decades . The idea is interesting and also troubling. 

In germany i m one of the persons who did learn the cursive writing http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schulausgangsschrift#mediaviewer/Datei:Schulausgangsschrift_1968.png or

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lateinische_Ausgangsschrift#Lateinische_Ausgangsschrift . Something between the both, wikipedia is not so good here. And a year after i learned writing they switched the fontage ( 2002 i think.)

The new fontage for   for saarland germany looks stupidly and i don' t know if it isnt a handwriting pc font, simply prinitng  and connection them with / lines sometimes stupid.. http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vereinfachte_Ausgangsschrift#mediaviewer/Datei:Vereinfachte_Ausgangsschrift.png 

and one of my friends writes like that  ( nearly like comic sans ms to be honest ). and the number of persons who write like that is increasing constantly :

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grundschrift#mediaviewer/Datei:Hamburger_Druckschrift_ab_2011.jpg .

Of course that doesn`t have anything to do with the USA, but it shows that the education system has some faults and it begins with ahndwriting you are right here.  And these problems  are the same worldwide i think.

Do try to make a test about europe and test adult  europeans . it would be as funny as your test  ..

regards bluedxca93

August 23, 2014 10:04:31 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Heavenfall,

71%. Fuck y'all.

LOL!   I got 71% as well 

Failed on some stupid questions like how many guys are in congress, when do you have to leave in your tax papers, something about legislative branch....

August 23, 2014 11:45:04 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

85%... but... I don't want to be an American

August 24, 2014 6:21:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

one wrong answer, never dealt with selective service issues.   simple test.  

August 24, 2014 9:06:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Upon completing this test I was told I got 0% correct.  All wrong.  Not joking.

Strange, considering *nearly* every answer I got correct while going through... maybe cookies had to be enabled. 

August 24, 2014 10:11:17 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

They do.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000359   Page Render Time: