The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Slow to update?

By on August 21, 2014 10:10:00 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

furyofthestars

Join Date 08/2012
+14

Not sure if anyone else has noticed... but the forum seems really slow to update for me.  Things like the number of unread threads I'm subscribed to, or when I give Karma to someone, it takes the forums a few minutes to update my "view" to properly reflect changes.

For example, right now, the subscriptions link up top shows 1 unread thread.  But when I click on it, I see all of them are read.  Probably by the time I finish this post, it'll finally update to correctly show all of them read.

And yes... I am hitting refresh! lol

Another example is when I give Karma, I can leave the thread and come back into it (or hit refresh ), but it doesn't show the updated Karma symbol under the user's post, even though the Karma button is gone (and if I check that user's Karma page, it'll show my Karma there).

This certainly isn't anything major, but I figured I'd point it out seems this isn't "normal" and it only started happening after whatever issue there was that caused us to not be able to quote.

Locked Post 8 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 21, 2014 10:31:12 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

It's relatively 'normal'....though it might have been more obvious....with various code-monkeys making apes of themselves...

Generally there's a lag which has to do with the complexity of the forum architecture across several sites - all interlinked ...

August 21, 2014 10:31:19 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Been like that for ages, just have to wait a while for things to happen is all. 

August 21, 2014 10:59:17 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Ok, well it used to be instantaneous for me.  For example, refreshed the site to see (2) next to the subscriptions link.  Clicked it, then clicked the link for this thread.

In the past, for me, it would then immediately update to (1), yet now it still shows as the (2) and will for several minutes still to come as I move about the forums.

EDIT: Yup, about 5 minutes later it updated.

August 21, 2014 1:37:59 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

WC slow?......no..........neva!

August 21, 2014 2:39:48 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting 2of3,

WC slow?......no..........neva!

moderation is indeed. 

And  its not usable for slow internet connections, but thats all i can compain about.

These two problems aside WC and the other sites from SD are great.

regards bluedxca93

August 21, 2014 2:56:32 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting bluedxca93,

moderation is indeed. 

What?

August 21, 2014 4:26:20 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Island Dog,

Quoting bluedxca93,

moderation is indeed. 

What?

He is saying moderation is slow ID, but I don't think Frieder understands the process entirely.  Also Frieder, your Internet connection speed is not Stardock's fault.

August 21, 2014 4:32:48 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I think bluedxca93 was just joking around... having a bit of fun, if you will.

Well, that's how I read it, anyway. *shrug*

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000110   Page Render Time: