The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Star Wars Battlefront 3

By on June 10, 2014 1:21:47 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Island Dog

Join Date 06/2003
+759

At E3, DICE and EA gave a short mention to Star Wars Battlefront 3 which will be arriving in 2015.  They put out a video about the development which only showed a brief moment of gameplay, but I’m still excited for this and can’t wait to see more.

http://starwars.ea.com/

14 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 10, 2014 2:33:53 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Definitely excited about this one as well.   That is great news!

June 16, 2014 1:38:39 PM from Offworld Trading Company Forums Offworld Trading Company Forums

I'm excited as well.  I'm tired of the "modern warfare" theme, so this will be a welcomed change of scenery.

June 16, 2014 3:46:10 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Confession. I played SWBF2 for many years and still do. I have over 10,000 medals in the game. To my knowledge there was a SWBF3 but it was scrapped at 99% due to bleaping Disney buying the franchise. This current title was supposed to be called "Star wars Battlefront" I could be wrong but it was last time I checked, if they did indeed put a 3 in the name at least they have got enough respect to acknowledge another companies works.

DARCA

June 16, 2014 3:52:23 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting DARCA1213,

Confession. I played SWBF2 for many years and still do. I have over 10,000 medals in the game. To my knowledge there was a SWBF3 but it was scrapped at 99% due to bleaping Disney buying the franchise. This current title was supposed to be called "Star wars Battlefront" I could be wrong but it was last time I checked, if they did indeed put a 3 in the name at least they have got enough respect to acknowledge another companies works.

DARCA

Oh I think there was almost a Battlefront 3 before that too, but Lucas Arts stopped that one. An even worse decision than rushing KotorII.

This reboot though will definitely be the test of how well EA handles its Star Wars monopoly...

June 16, 2014 4:04:52 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Oh yeah! I've been excited for this game since they showed the teaser trailer last year at E3! I played SWBF2  with my friends all the time!

June 16, 2014 6:28:29 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

They better have Bespin Platforms, Kashyyyk Docks and Rhen Var Harbor, or I will unleash havoc on my undergarments.

June 17, 2014 2:15:07 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I should've been a beta tester for it. I found EVERY glitch in that game. Every AI exploit. Everything. I even started ignoring the battles for a cool little speeder bike glitch I found in Kashyyyk were you go off the map or in the trees. Fun.

thanks ID!

DARCA

June 17, 2014 12:51:41 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Latest update:

"I grew up with Star Wars, watching the classic movies over and over and collecting all the toys I could afford. Since then, like most of our team here at DICE Stockholm, I’ve never really left this fantastic universe.

A little over a year ago, we learned that we had the amazing opportunity to work on aStar Wars game. I’ll never forget the moment when this was officially unveiled at our company meeting with the entire studio present – you could literally touch and feel the excitement in the room. This is the spirit I feel from the team every day, whether we’re trying out the AT-AT on Hoth or racing speeder bikes through the forests of Endor."

http://starwars.ea.com/news-article.html

June 17, 2014 2:10:34 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Wonderful... I guess :/ hope it works and is fun AND not SWBF2 2.0. Please let it be just a little different!

June 18, 2015 4:41:04 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

June 19, 2015 12:44:28 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

It looks awesome. I can't wait to blast some rebel scum. For me Star Wars Battlefront, Fallout 4, and Halo 5's war zone mode were by far the best part of E3.

October 7, 2015 3:37:47 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

You can pre-load the PC beta for Battlefront now.

https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/free-games/demos-betas

October 8, 2015 7:48:15 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Looks like the beta is open and free, as well.

October 11, 2015 9:58:54 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I've been playing it on my xbox one and it's the best looking game I've seen on the console. I can just imagine what it looks like on a top of the line rig on a 4k monitor/tv on the pc. The music is really great too. It's not the greatest game, and I'm not sure how much longevity it'll have, but for it's great if you're looking for some mindless fun.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000157   Page Render Time: