The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

My thread was deleted

By on May 29, 2014 9:10:27 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Borg999

Join Date 02/2006
+53

First, I apologize in advance if this isn't the right place to discuss this...

Several months ago, I started a thread about a website that could help reduce prescription cost. It was a legitimate site, and I provided a link from Consumer Reports to support it legitimacy.

It seems a few days ago, someone posted a link in my thread to a website that's known to be a scam. As a result, it appears that the entire thread was deleted, not just the post with the scam site link.

If my thread can be restored, that would be great. If not, I just want to emphasize that I am not associated with the scam site any any way, nor do I endorse it.

Locked Post 11 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 29, 2014 10:00:46 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I don't remember the thread and if it turned out as a scam, them it would need to stay deleted.

May 29, 2014 10:08:29 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Island Dog,
I don't remember the thread and if it turned out as a scam, them it would need to stay deleted.

Ok, so the mods don't have the ability to delete a single post within a thread, they have to delete the entire thread?

My link was legit, the spammer's link was a scam.

May 29, 2014 10:20:37 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

May 29, 2014 10:30:48 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

There are certain threads that attract a bunch of auto-spammers.  Keywords...whatever they search  and are attracted for. 

That thread was attracting a bunch of them so it was deleted.  

May 29, 2014 11:10:30 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Island Dog,
There are certain threads that attract a bunch of auto-spammers.  Keywords...whatever they search  and are attracted for. 

That thread was attracting a bunch of them so it was deleted.  

That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification!

May 29, 2014 11:11:43 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Often thread titles/topics attract spammers...and we're subsequently inundated with threads/comments to delete.  Unfortunately yours was an 'attraction'.

It can be restored but it's a sure bet it will be hit once more, sooner rather than later...

May 29, 2014 1:14:17 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Jafo,
It can be restored but it's a sure bet it will be hit once more, sooner rather than later...
Trust that, "The force is strong with this one" 

May 29, 2014 2:38:32 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

That's interesting to hear.  I'll keep that in mind next time I make a thread called "Make money at home!"

May 29, 2014 4:07:50 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

That's interesting to hear.  I'll keep that in mind next time I make a thread called "Make money at home!"

But please don’t start with " My friends step-sisters buddy makes...    pens at home last month she earned so much money that a NASA employee quit his job to join the army of constructors. Her hands were bleeding because of the massive amount of pens she assembled in such a short period of time but in the end it was worth it, she was able to pay her medical bills get a facelift a Ferrari and a new house, a tiny dog for her new purse, bought it an anchor chain that was detached from an old battleship and plated in white gold, got a 50 by 16 foot pool with a yacht in it and 5000 instant friends on faceblock.

May 29, 2014 4:38:41 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

Is this how you are spending the 16 engineering hours, -  by sitting around and making snarky remarks?

May 29, 2014 5:56:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Borg999,

Quoting Frogboy, reply 8

Is this how you are spending the 16 engineering hours, -  by sitting around and making snarky remarks?

I think we both know the answer to that...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000125   Page Render Time: