The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Can't create Direct3D

By on October 21, 2013 7:28:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

LiquidIce84

Join Date 10/2013

I've been searching the internet for hours trying to find a solution to this issue.  When I start the game, I get the Demigod splashscreen and then an error message stating "Unable to create Direct3d".  I have an AMD Radeon HD 7450 with the newest drivers and Catalyst version, DirectX is up to date and passes all tests in dxdiag and my monitor is a 42' 1080p.

I purchased and am launching the game through Steam.  I attempted the "steam" solution of entering launch paramaters of -w 1920 -h 1080 but this also elicited no changes.  Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is definitely a game (or Steam) issue and not a system or driver issue ('Will It Run' also confirms system should run Demigod just fine).

Some solutions online also recommended deleting the Game.prefs file.  The game won't launch even the first time, so there is no game.prefs file to delete.

Thanks in advance!

Locked Post 5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 22, 2013 7:45:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

MY technical knowledge is more or less zero, but have you tried running DG without Steam? There's a install package you can download from Stardock when you have a DG account.

Or try Stardock support, who knows.

October 22, 2013 3:00:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I did try after posting this last night.  I downloaded the non-steam'd version from Stardock and encountered the same issue, unfortunatly.

October 22, 2013 3:13:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

only advice I can give is: shoot an email to [email protected] sorry you had so much trouble so far

October 22, 2013 5:11:48 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Yeah, I'm going to give this a try tonight, I wanted to see if there was any forum support or a known issue I didn't find via Google already though first.  I'm sure it's some specific driver bug with a piece of hardware I own or something, since the game runs for others and I far surpass the specs.  Next steps will be checking with my video card forums if support from Stardock doesn't generate any solutions.

Thanks for the quick responses and helpful suggestions guys!

October 23, 2013 6:00:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hmm, I think I've seen pacov, a mod, give some technical advice in other posts. But I don't know whether he's active anymore. Maybe he'll answer if you PM him.

Good luck.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000266   Page Render Time: