I don't have time to play a lot of different games but I saw this one and thought I would mention it as it might have some appeal here.
This is a procedurally produced universe space sim with missions, planetary interactions, research and npcs. The current work will be a single player game though down the road he hopes to have networking for MP.
His Kickstarter goal is $50k and he has already raised $47k of it. You can get a DRM free digital game copy on release starting at a $15 donation.
This game particularly looks like it might appeal to Sins and Galactic Civilizations players.
What's impressive about it is it is using a custom engine to handle the physics of ship flight, planets, etc. as well as handle universe generation ..and it's all been devised and coded by the project creator in under three months with no one working on it but himself.
Sins and GalCiv players will definitely at least want to look over this project and I hope some of you might help the guy get where he's going--looks really worthwhile.
In brief, Limit Theory is:
- An open-world space simulator / RPG
- A sandbox game : No story, no restrictions.
- Completely procedural : A completely new universe is only a button-click away.
- Infinite : The game universe has no boundary.
- Third-Person or First-Person : Command your ship from within or without.
- Deep and intelligent : Engage in far more than just combat or trading.
- Twitch-Based : Aim and fire weaponry directly, as you would in a shooter.
- Approachable : Intuitive controls and slick interfaces ensure that playing will never feel like a job.
- Strategic : Command an entire fleet when you amass enough cash to purchase more ships.
- Extensively-Customizable : Outfit your ship, fleet, and space stations with whatever equipment you choose.
- Single Player : A universe built just for you, that no one else will ever get to see (unless you choose to share it with them!)
- Beautiful and Atmospheric : Gaze in awe at a universe as diverse, vibrant, and uniquely-atmospheric as your dreams.