The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Carrier Command Gaea Missions

By on October 4, 2012 8:32:07 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Being a fan of the Carrier Command of days gone by, I bought this.

http://www.carriercommand.com/

At first I was disappointed because it seemed like they had transformed it in to a fps shooter, but that bit soon ended and the real game began.

I am very impressed, in fact I am hooked as I was with the original.  The game play is spot on and the carrier, manta and walrus graphics and physics are brilliant.

Has anyone else picked this up yet?

+1 Karma | 4 Replies
October 4, 2012 2:54:49 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I've hesitated to pick it up based on the sentiment that the walrus pathfinding is particularly bad.   Can you comment on the vehicle controls and AI?

October 5, 2012 12:57:22 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The walrus is stupid and most times cannot cross a bridge.  They have just made a statement that they are working on it.

Mostly I don't notice it, If they go walk-about, I jump in the driving seat and sort them out.

The enemy AI can be wicked, the AI of your own units is not so hot, but good enough.

The controls are fine, I find no problems there, and the way it's designed you can access every thing from your mouse.

Even with it's few problems the game is really good.  I have been playing it none stop since buying it.

October 5, 2012 10:05:50 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Pretty good looking actually, just not sure if a single carrier is enough to keep me interested. The campaign looks pretty interesting though.

October 6, 2012 2:48:54 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I expect that it does help if you were a fan of the classic.  The enemy carrier is very hard to find and kill at first, unless you are very lucky.  It's taking the islands and protecting your own that holds the most fun for me.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000125   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.