The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

FO PACOV !!!!

By on October 1, 2012 3:27:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hello. I want to address you as the most experienced person on the board. Tell me what's going on with the game Demigod is why it is no longer funded, and whether the code realties evolve it again!

0 Karma | 2 Replies
October 8, 2012 6:19:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hopefully this all translates ok, chek.  First, just let me clarify that I don't work for Stardock or GPG.  I just know bits of info that have been passed along to me and draw my own conclusions. 

Stardock and GPG partnered in a sense to make Demigod.  As I understand, SD was involved quite a bit in the design phase and the folks at GPG handled the coding.  Somewhere in the process of making the game (or before even getting started on the game - I really don't know), Stardock contracted GPG to create 2 additional characters and provide X number of patches.  Anyway, once those patches and characters were provided, Stardock would have the option to put more money into the game for additional patches, characters, you name it. Provided SD deemed that a move like that would offset the cost of having a patch made.  For instance, the community came up with all those bugfixes in the uberfix mod.  To have those fixes actually added directly to the game, Stardock would have to pay GPG to have an additional patch made.  And we are talking about quite a bit of money to fix some things that aren't anywhere near as critical as the netcode problems. 

As you know with pretty much all games that are not MMO's, there's a point where its not profitable to continue to patch a game, add new items, etc. And its important to understand that its not just as simple as adding some code here and there.  GPG has to make any coding changes.  Stardock would have to pay for any of those coding changes - so there's always a cost - even if I coded exactly what needed changed.  The bottom line is that Demigod has passed the point where it will see further patches (I could be wrong, of course, but I really, really doubt that).  Demigod has been out for about 3 years now with the last patch being about 2 years ago (maybe 1 1/2 years).  So, I personally don't expect that we'll see any more patches for the game. 

As far as I know, there are currently no plans for a Demigod 2.  I believe that Gas Powered Games owns the Demigod IP.  I'd love to see Demigod 2, but at this point I wouldn't hold your breath.  That said, I'll see you all again in game if Demigod 2 ever is created and released. 

November 5, 2012 5:07:59 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I would love Dg2 too.

and a lot of us...

it will happen, time is the issue...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000062   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.