The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Achievements and Items Disappear

Everything Disappears

By on May 11, 2012 3:49:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

IronTate

Join Date 10/2010

One night while playing Demigod I decided to do a one on one match with me, as Unclean Beast, versus a Lord Erebus on Nightmare.  I set the amount of gold we started with at Filthy Rich so I could buy an All Father’s Ring as soon as the game started.  However, what followed in the game was one of the most drawn out ridiculously one-sided battles I’ve ever fought.  Even with the All Father’s Ring, I couldn’t do any damage at all to Erebus.  In fact, I was able to watch about 30 minutes of a movie while my character fought off Erebus by my health crystal.  Once my gold reached about 50,000 I went and bought Ashkandor, Bulwark of the Ages, and Girdle of the Giants.  Even with all these artifacts on me, I still could barely stand my ground against a level 7 Lord Erebus.  After a while of upgrading my citadel to max health and fending off this monster, I decided to head for his citadel and end the game before it was too late.  This, however, was a big mistake, as Erebus made short work of my citadel before I could even start on his.  After that horrendous battle, I decided to do a big skirmish with all the nightmares so I could save the replay and see what they’re buying that gets them so strong.  I selected The Rook this time so I could head straight through the enemy’s defenses and destroy their citadel while my allies fend them off.  However, when I went into my Achievement Items to select my Blood of the Fallen, I realized that all my Achievement Items, every last one (and I had bought all of them) were gone, as well as all my Favor Points (later on I also learned that all my Demigods’ achievements and been reset as well)!  Needless to say, I was outraged, but as I continued to gaze at this terrifying sight, I noticed a small tab with a sword under it to the left of the favor items.  I clicked on it, and sure enough, there were more favor items, ones exclusive to assassins.  At first I was a little excited, though still downhearted, but upon inspecting the new items further, I saw that all of their stat increases and abilities were rather disappointingly low.  This added to my complete and utter despair, but I was a bit more baffled as to how all this happened, as I had been offline the whole time and the last update I had received was a few months ago.  So, in the end, I was incredibly upset and confused (and a little freaked out).  Is there anyone who can explain this mysterious tragedy?

Locked Post 3 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 11, 2012 4:11:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

On nightmare they get 4x your gold. That erb would have had about everything. That's why you don't play Flithy Rich against Nightmare AI.

If you want more favour points just edit the file that record them in notepad.

May 14, 2012 1:59:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks. I didn't know that. I just thought they got more hp and a little more gold. About the favor points. It's not that I want more, I'm fine with earning them back again, I mean I've rebought about a third of the items already. I'm just wondering why all the items I bought with favor points, the favor points I had, AND all the Achievements my Demigods had all vanished without a trace between games with no good reason.

Also on a side note, how come I can't get some of the achievements like "killing 50 demigods". I know for a fact I've killed over 70 with Unclean Beast in a single game, but I still haven't got the achievement for it. Is there a patch for it somewhere or is there something I'm doing wrong?

May 14, 2012 3:41:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Because the game is full of bugs.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000234   Page Render Time: