The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Poltical Machine Result: Me (Henrique Mota)/ Michael Dukakis vs Ronald Reagan / Nixon

Beating one of the most beloved Former Presidents

By on April 20, 2012 3:41:02 PM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

It was really hard to win and I've stayed behind Reagan untill the last two weeks of the election. The problem was that Reagan had much more money than I and it was quite difficult to just wait and see if things were going to change for me. I decided to make the issues that I lead, the most important ones such as Health-care, Iraq and Improving the Economy.

My Running Mate was Michael Dukakis.

This is was how it was going to be before the campaign:

The First Part

Reagan was just destroying me, he can win endorsements really fast and he has lots of money. I was loosing in many states and the Map was pretty Red in the beginning. Although polls were showing more voters for me, I would be crashed in the Electoral Collegge if I haven't made something. I started to buy some advertisements on Health-care and on Improving the Economy. I made many public appearances on TV Shows and, using all the stamina I could, I gave many speeches in the Swing States and in the Rust Belt.

Usually, the PC Character always forget about Louisiana and Oklahoma so I decided to campaign a little bit there while Reagan gave more attention to big states such as Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania. Ronald was also reducing my early lead on the Popular Votes and I started to loose some states in the Northeast (even Massachusetts   and Delaware  ).

Picking Up a Running Mate

Since the beginning I was thinking about Al Gore. I wanted a Vandetta, I wanted to win on Tennessee and show those Republicans that I was a real threat but I soon realised that I was strong on the environment issue and that my chances on Tennessee were really small. So I decided to choose someone different.

As Reagan was invading my electoral base, I decided to go really Democrat and chose Michael Dukakis, a Massachusetts Moderate with some kind of religious appeal, as I don't have any at all (2, I think  ) and with lots of Charisma and Credibility. Dukakis was the perfect decision, he would help me recovering the Rust Belt and he helped me in New Mexico.

The Second Part

I used my last political resources on some Democratic endorsements and find some support on the Northeast. As Reagan campaigned so much on Delaware and on New Jersey, I just gave up those states and started to look for some minor states that Ronald didn't give the proper attention such as West Virginia, Virginia, Kentucky and Iowa. Believe it or not, Tennessee was a political battleground as both candidates fought a lot there, having 100% of Public Awaraness.

Ohio was going for Reagan but I haven´t had time to change his colour so I decided to focus on easier places that I was also loosing because of the massive early lead of Reagan, such as Oregon and Washington.

In the end, using many endorsments and advertisiments, many states turned Blue. A cosultant (on Winsconsin) and a Vice-President (on New Mexico) helped me a lot rasing my public awaraness but campaigning in Pennsylvania and using a Spin Doctor there was decisive to win the election!

Here it´s the final Result 

The Map

I was lucky on the Southern states like Oklahoma, Louisiana and Arkansas, maybe Reagan was so proud of his electoral base that he forgot about those small states that were pretty usefull for me. West Virginia was important too.

The Numbers:

The First Democrat after Kennedy to win a Presidential Election without Ohio! 

0 Karma | 2 Replies
April 21, 2012 12:31:57 PM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

I think people here just don´t care about The Political Machine

April 21, 2012 7:54:56 PM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

Added an analysis! 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000171   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.