The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Play Diablo 3 NOW - Open beta weekend 4/20-4/23

By on April 20, 2012 10:53:57 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

pacov

Join Date 02/2008
+183

From facebook...

We're pleased to announce the Diablo III open beta weekend, which offers open access to all players with a valid Battle.net account!
Beginning this Friday everyone is invited to log in and help us put the game and servers through their paces in this three day stress test as we march toward the game's release on May 15.

From Friday, April 20 at 12:01 p.m. PDT (noon), until Monday, April 23 at 10:00 a.m. PDT you'll be able to log in, team up with friends, and play each of the five heroic classes to level 13 as you fight to save the world from the impending demonic invasion.

Going to check this out after work.  Good stuff!

Link to the beta client:  https://us.battle.net/account/download/index.xml

Locked Post 9 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 20, 2012 10:54:08 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

NT

April 20, 2012 11:04:18 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Starts noon PDT.  You can play with friends and play any class to level 13.  

April 20, 2012 11:13:28 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Tempting...There's a lot of negativity towards Diablo 3, but I have put so many hours into Diablo in the past that I probably owe this a look. I think I read somewhere that the download is 15 gigs in case that's an issue for anyone.

April 20, 2012 11:21:18 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

It uses the wow installer, which is kinda nice.  15gig, but you can start playing before it finishes downloading all 15gig.  

April 20, 2012 4:50:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
April 21, 2012 5:49:59 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Took me five seconds to get bored of all the clicking.

I will play the napoleonic DLC for warband instead.

April 21, 2012 6:07:00 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Someone said the graphics get a lot better when you get underground, and I agree with that. The beginning looked shockingly poor - like a browser mmo.

April 21, 2012 8:17:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Destraex,
Took me five seconds to get bored of all the clicking.

hold the button down

April 22, 2012 12:17:59 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Played it... wow, it's a terrible dumbed down version of Diablo II with terrible execution of storyline.

What I mean by this
-No control over stats... even though they did the right things D2 did wrong (eg: Intelligence effects magic damage so actually has meaning for putting points into it rather than gearing your required mana)
-No control over skills... you just get them, gee thanks. Oh what, there will be choices to make? Awesome, was it in the beta? No.
-Character concepts just suck.... and the only one with any personality might be the Wizard, because its a weird combination of self-ego, but being nice to your henchmen too.

Storyline
They tried to make a soap opera out of the lore, and it blows... your original player from Diablo boffed NPC X which created hero Y, and now you're just some completely unrelated schmuck who ran into the middle of all this drama... also the acting is like a season 1 of some terrible new drama... I mean, did you listen to the journals???... or did you try and block them out because most Saturday morning Japanese->English dubbed cartoons have better voice acting?

I've played this game before... it's called dungeon siege... they just blended in a bad and dumbed down version of DII with it (but with loading screens heh) while preventing me from running my own large party of adventurers.

Boooooooo!

and no I am not biased, I downloaded the Demo expecting something awesome... and got a steaming pile of "This is a worse version of an updated Darkstone (which was a good game a decade ago)"

oh, and a pre-emptive "I COULD design a better Diablo 3 than this crap, so suck it"

Edit: PS I forgot: Uniques and Champions LOOK BETTER in D2... now that is something terribad. (Seriously, really, a translucent blue glowing monster?!?!?!")

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000062   Page Render Time: