The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

I do not like Dota2...

By on April 11, 2012 12:27:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

LORD-ORION

Join Date 04/2009
+51

It's like a super advanced mine-sweeper mouse click simulator, except for all the crazy super mario kart style BS...

I hate last hit game mechanics now...I mean, there are certain extremes that just should not be unleashed on the general population.... like last hitting your own creeps/towers to deny an enemy a last hit. That kind of crap is only cool when you deny the super evil real life bad guy his satisfaction maybe once or twice in a life time... but not every single creep wave for 1 hour during every game you play.

I think I need to make a new MOBA.... *see you in a few years*

12 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 11, 2012 1:49:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I hate last hit game mechanics now...I mean, there are certain extremes that just should not be unleashed on the general population.... like last hitting your own creeps/towers to deny an enemy a last hit. 

That's a purely mechanical skill that can be obtained very quickly. If I can deny 99% of the time, anyone can. 

April 11, 2012 8:01:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't know, LO... You did like that absolutely horrible silly RoI game, though, right? Don't you see the difference between the two (aside from last-hit mechanics)? 

April 11, 2012 9:02:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yeah it took me a year to master last hitting to compete against the freaks, and i'm still not perfect LoL

April 11, 2012 1:31:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Really, last hitting in DOTA2 is a chore
I like RoI because of the lane mechanics and persistent items/levels idea.

I quit it in Jan when they were doing too many bad things, but it is still a better game then LoL.

April 11, 2012 3:31:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

but it is still a better game then LoL.

Than LoL - no doubt. It's a sped-up/dumbed-down DotA/HoN though, really.

April 11, 2012 3:58:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Dammit, was counting on DOTA2 being good so I could could bailout of this dead game.

April 11, 2012 4:02:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

DotA2 is good, and I don't think the fact that L-O dislikes the last-hit mechanics makes it any worse.

April 11, 2012 4:08:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMGIN1,
DotA2 is good, and I don't think the fact that L-O dislikes the last-hit mechanics makes it any worse.

Since I know your keen to see the back of me.....I'm guessing from the fact you pop up in my lobbies for a few seconds to hurl insults before leaving.....I have to taker your comment with a pinch of salt.

Nevertheless, if you or anyone else could provide any good tips on getting in on the DOTA2 beta I would be grateful, I did try applying a while back to no avail.

April 12, 2012 1:36:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm guessing from the fact you pop up in my lobbies for a few seconds to hurl insults before leaving.....I have to taker your comment with a pinch of salt.

That is a very twisted kind of logic. Since I - let's assume for an instant you are telling the truth - tend to insult you in-game, my reply to L-O about DotA2 mechanics should be taken with a grain of salt? 

April 12, 2012 11:21:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like the basic last hit mechanic and see the logical progression to denying creeps (though I'm not a huge fan of it).  It does make the laning phase a little more interesting in solo lanes at any rate, but I just don't value the mechanic.  I'm still a fan of last hitting though.  I don't think lol is a dumbed down dota though... at all.  I can't think of that many things that are wildly different from lol in dota1-2. 

All of that said - could I get into dota2?  Sure.  Do I currently have any desire to do so?  Nah.  LoL has the most coverage that I'm aware of.  Plenty of cash tourneys and worldwide ones as well.  Riot's been doing this for a bit.  Value is quite new to the game and honestly, as of today, doesn't have enough staff dedicated to make Dota2 a success.  Folks will play it and like it, but if valve doesn't decide to dedicate a larger team to additional content, steady patches, and getting sponsors and tourneys going... well, lol will be around in a few years... and dota2 will be the next demigod.  and ALL of that said - all it would take is for valve to dedicate a sizable staff and decide to get serious about competing.  Will they do that, though...

January 8, 2015 2:40:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yea i tinck dota2 its the ONLY game like DEMIGOD now...after demigod game its died i tick i will try to play this DOTA 2 ....

but amm so srryyyyyy for demigod game .....was a great better game 

August 11, 2015 3:23:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

DOTA ?????? ???????????????????? ???????????????? ????????.)))

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000203   Page Render Time: