The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Diablo 3

By on April 8, 2012 11:59:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Diablo 3 launches in about a month. Anyone else have their preorder in? Passed up the collectors edition. Do enjoy old games (Planescape, Age of Wonders...) but have less than zero desire to play Diablo 2.

The real money auction house seems alluring. Time will tell if it's a viable way to make some extra cash or a soon be to tabled feature.

+8 Karma | 105 Replies
April 22, 2012 8:53:10 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

yeah np i foresee alot of poeple getting their butts owned in inferno due to how they have it setup. as compared to d2's hell difficulty once you were top lvl only ubber tristram and or ubber diablo was anything worth a challenge. but with d3 inferno mode makes sure u wont out lvl any monsters as they will always be higher lvl then the max player lvl. ive been playing the open beta and makes me want more... i mean theres still stuff even in open beta not turned on till the full game is released so even in beta your not gettign access to everything the game has to offer even from low lvl. anycase looks like its going to be fun times again with diablo. i for one cant wait.

April 25, 2012 12:39:00 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Well, I'm sold on the game now more than ever.  I never got into diablo 2 to the degree that I played it a million times - I must have played through it at 4-5 times though - after that, I was done.  I expect the same of diablo 3. I'll love my time with the game and then likely move on.  At any rate, its easily worth the price of admission for me as I'm very confident I'll enjoy the experience. 

April 27, 2012 7:37:38 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Three of my IRL friends I play with are getting it so I'm very likely to do so as well.

Besides, playing with friends is the best thing since the bread toaster so it can't go wrong <--- Yes I KNOW that things tend to go to all hell once someone says that but this isn't scary movie

May 10, 2012 9:10:20 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

5 more days!

Anyway, I read somewhere that the beta test weekend had 2 million users.  While there were a few hiccups with getting into the game (at least for me) initially, things went pretty well.  Anyway, I feel somewhat confident that I won't be yelling at my computer when the game goes live.  Now I'm just debating whether or not to be a SUPER nerd and take the day off of work to play it. 

Anyway know what specific time the game will unlock? 

May 10, 2012 11:49:54 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I want to be excited about this, but I am having trouble. That said, I haven't played the beta. There's just so much D3 hate out there! Blah blah Paths of Exile, blah blah Torchlight 2. I doubt I would really use the Auction House so that's a non-issue for me. Also don't care about always being online all the time. Isn't everyone? I was a huge fan of Diablo 1, 2, so why not 3? Help me out fans!

Edit: Pacov, I found this which says that the installer will unlock at 8:01am Pacific Time on May 14th and the servers should launch at 12:01am May 15

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/5338015/Launch_Day_Preparation_Guide-5_7_2012

May 10, 2012 12:17:03 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting AragornV,
12:01am May 15

12:01am Pacific Time (May 15th)

3am Eastern Time (May 15th)

May 10, 2012 12:32:21 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Thanks, fellas.  It looks like you can install the game on May 14th after 11AM est, so there's at least that minor thing going for us.  The launch time is utter rot, though.  3AM est = I certainly won't be playing at that point.  Suppose I could take the day off work and start at 8AM or something to that effect.  Just kinda lame it's not midnight EST.  Methinks you could get around the time zone crap with VPN tunneling if other regions go live earlier, but you'd be stuck on that region.  Not going to bother with that rubbish at any rate.

@aragorn - I'm not like batshite crazy excited or anything myself.  I just know I'll enjoy the game and am looking forward to it.  Could be all I do is play the game for a few weeks, but I'm confident it will be fun - not sure how it could really be all that bad if you liked diablo 2 or torchlight.  You are still clicking on stuff and still getting item drops and still having multiple classes to play with and try out.  So, even if there are gripes about the leveling system, etc, the core elements are there... the story continues... I'd wager any cgi videos will be excellent (as we've come to expect).  And you can go at it with a pal if you like as well.  So, even if the conclusion is that you don't like diablo 3 as much as you hoped you would, pretty damn sure you'll have fun along the way.  Hopefully enough to cover the cost of admission.  And last, even if you don't give that much of a rip, if you came across some great loot, you could try to sell it at the auction house.  I really have little idea how all that works, but I'm sure I'll check it out at some point.

May 10, 2012 1:01:55 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm looking forward to playing barbarian. Played Monk and Wizard, they were a total disappointment. Only the barbarian gave me that classic hacknslash feel from diablo 2 that you could get with any class - assassin, druid, you name it.

May 10, 2012 4:18:32 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Barb forever and ever and ever! I just don't have as much time as I use to. Now if they add the necro back in the expansion hell YA! 

May 10, 2012 9:29:53 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I could care less about Diablo 3 atm.

Diablo 3 will be a good game probably... hopefully but I just have no interest in the genre anymore. The hype is distorting my view of the game much like Skyrim did. Don't get me wrong I liked Diablo 2 and Skyrim but they just don't appeal to me anymore these days.

I got pretty bored with RPG styled games as of late. and have no desire to go back to another maybe Elder Scrolls if they put 4 player Co-op in a future one.

Diablo 3 doesn't seem inticing except for following the lore around it.

May 11, 2012 12:15:00 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Quoting Rovert10,
Diablo 3 doesn't seem inticing except for following the lore around it.

well - that works too.  Can always pick it up later if change your mind.  + you can wait for reviews, etc. 

May 11, 2012 2:07:27 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I'll be extremely surprised if Diablo 3 gets anything less than 9/10 considering its a big-name AAA game.

May 11, 2012 4:28:49 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting SpardaSon21,
I'll be extremely surprised if Diablo 3 gets anything less than 9/10 considering its a big-name AAA game.

It's a big-name game that Blizzard has been developing for the past 10 years. I'd be surprised if it deserved anything less than 9/10.

May 15, 2012 11:52:04 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

So... diablo 3 launch.

server outage number 4 now?  Ah well... I'm having fun when I can play

May 16, 2012 12:31:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hey relax.  Blizzard is just a small time company with little experience with such big launches, let alone having the capability for that much server capacity.

OH WAIT

Game is pretty sweet tho despite server issues and in-between that internet dropped nearly citywide for 7 hours  Almost finished normal tho oh boy 

May 16, 2012 1:07:28 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Meh, every Blizzard game has this problem because having millions of users at the same time is unbelievably difficult to pull off.

May 16, 2012 1:47:41 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Pretty good game if you don't count the fact that Diablo is ERROR 37. I also thought it was a bit of a cliche plot point when ERROR 3003 and ERROR 3007 led to the battle.net servers will be down for one hour every hour.

May 16, 2012 2:52:47 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Always online for single player... I wish we could all boycott and kill this beast.

May 16, 2012 5:00:54 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks to companies like Stardock and their good consumer practices, it's easy for me to pretend that D3 just doesn't exist.

May 16, 2012 10:55:13 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Tell SD to time travel, create the diablo franchise, launch diablo 3 without an always on requirement, and we have a deal.  I shall put up with smeh in the meantime.  Anyone know if the NA servers are up at this point?  Wondering if I'll be able to play at all when  I get home.

May 16, 2012 11:08:52 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I play on NA and haven't had any problems.

May 16, 2012 11:39:20 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

if anyone got a spare guest pass i could use 1... send me a private msg thx

May 17, 2012 2:33:13 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting joasoze,
Always online for single player... I wish we could all boycott and kill this beast.

I will certainly do my part. I won't even CONSIDER the purchase of a single player game that requires permanent connection. I don't want to depend on their server, not today, not tomorrow thanx.

If it becomes a trend, I'll read more books (I have TONS on my to-read list) or visit some museums. To hell with them. 

May 17, 2012 3:09:09 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

You've maybe seen this but it is by far my favorite meme for release night.

May 18, 2012 12:42:39 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

considering all the DUPING AND BOTTING in diablo 2 im so glad that they have that internet connection required to ensure that those spam bots dont enter the games.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000359   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.