The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Should Demigod be free2play

or maybe a free weekend on Steam

By on March 23, 2012 11:59:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Should be free2play an option? like make all demigods free + 3 maps, and charge around 5$ or 7$ to have acces to the favor items and the rest of the maps.

Or maybe a free weekend on Steam to lure some new blood.

Do you guys agree/hate/don`t care/ demigod is dead move on/etc, I would realy like some opinions.

0 Karma | 7 Replies
March 23, 2012 12:59:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

There is a lot of opinions on this topic on these forums that were expressed over the span of 3 years. Use the search function, I guess.

I find it very strange you get so agitated... Of course, DG is dead, but then it was for the last 2.5 years, it's hardly a new phenomenon. Luckily, we have a cadre of dedicated pro players, that play every day after work (EU evening hours), so if you play reasonably well, you can still enjoy this game.

March 25, 2012 4:19:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Demigod is finished. Move on. Should be free absolutely and even then no one would bother playing after a short experience with the hateful abusive player base that is left, for example IN1. And if that doesn't chase them off the crashing and connection problems and the lag would kill it quickly too...even if it were free.

March 26, 2012 11:09:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I belive if this game would be f2p a lot of people will love it (the graphics and the art style also the interface is very intuitive and friendly for new players) and look away from the shortcomings, like the small number of demigods.

So if Stardock makes a investement to make the game f2p and in the same time fixes the serious bugs, the game could flourish again.

And if some more players love the ideea of f2p, why don`t we all make a statement to Stardock maybe something good will happen.

March 27, 2012 8:41:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

should awesomeness be free? yes, but i'll still pay for it

March 27, 2012 9:04:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No, I dont think a good game should be free. Its proven when it got released through steam and other vendors that people still pay for it. Also...what the heck does it cost? 10 dollar???? Comon! You spend more money when you *

March 28, 2012 11:56:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Maulkin,
No, I dont think a good game should be free. Its proven when it got released through steam and other vendors that people still pay for it. Also...what the heck does it cost? 10 dollar????

It got released through steam and failed (with a last attempt from gas powerd turd and Chris Derp to suck some cash from a dead game), the population is the "same" or even worse as the day1 launch back in 2009. Gas powerd crap doesn`t know how to properly support their games (to bad Stardock doesn`t have the rights for DG, maybe they could actualy do something with this game, and yes I`m in RAGE MODE.)

March 29, 2012 8:20:48 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Disregard this post I'll just make a thread

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000297   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.