The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Falling Skies Season II

By on February 29, 2012 10:48:52 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

ImperatorPavel

Join Date 06/2010
+20

Falling Skies Season 2 is almost on TV

This thread is for discussion of Falling Skies.

What do you think is going to happen?

Locked Post 33 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 29, 2012 11:02:44 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I thought they had cancelled it.  No idea--it is getting interesting now.

March 1, 2012 12:22:45 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

What do you think is going to happen?

Lotta advertising to be sold... money to be made!    Well, Noah Wylie has to get a bath at least once this season.

March 1, 2012 3:01:13 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

are you asking for an actual bath scene?

March 1, 2012 3:59:00 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

When is it supposed to happen, the premiere i mean? I thought its bound to be June, like last year... so nice surprise if its sooner than that...

March 1, 2012 5:24:54 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting alaknebs,
are you asking for an actual bath scene?

No... please. MY EYES!!!

The point being that unbathed humans smell incredibly bad, and no one's nose ever wrinkles up on that series... neither does the dirt ever seem to come off. I find it ridiculous. The contradictions are too many.

It stole R.A. Heinlein's idea from "The Puppet Masters" (the slug up between the shoulder blades which controls the human).

That's enough to prevent me from watching it.... plagiarism sucks.

March 1, 2012 7:16:11 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Timmaigh,
When is it supposed to happen, the premiere i mean? I thought its bound to be June, like last year... so nice surprise if its sooner than that...

Probably be in June like it was last year for season one.

March 1, 2012 8:00:19 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

1) Guaranteed to happen: Everyone will continue to express how much they value their families.

2) Probably will happen: Resources will grow more scarce, survivors will start to face starvation and diseases. Splinter groups will try to break away from the main group and this will cause conflicts.

3) Likely to happen: Mason will try to put his history knowledge to use by convincing the aliens to do things differently. He will fail and witness some great atrocity and will thereafter escape from captivity and become a true leader for the resistance. Possibly he will be rescued by his son or something other completely unbelievable.

4) Those kids that were harvested will continue to play various deus ex machina roles in the program to mix things up, both internal tension and external military manoeuvres. Diplomacy between aliens and humans will start, and then fluctuate and collapse.

March 1, 2012 10:01:49 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I enjoy this show as I do other B level scifi TV shows so I'm looking forward to see where they take it. 

March 1, 2012 10:12:49 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

5th june then. Thanks for the info.

March 1, 2012 10:23:48 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

June 5th is actually when Season 1 comes out on DVD, but I would expect the Season 2 premiere to be around that time as well.

March 1, 2012 10:29:42 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Frack! Why?! Shows like Farscape and Firefly got canceled but this crap show is going to come back to keep being a crappy show, probably even more crappy then last season

March 1, 2012 10:54:40 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm thankful to have any highly rated Sci-Fi show on TV at all...Considering the rebranding to Syfy, cable is our best hope for anything new. I wouldn't expect to see a lot of spending in this genre for the foreseeable future, especially with the recent ratings failures for Terra Nova and Alcatraz.

I admit the show isn't fantastic, but it adequately scratches an itch and it's not like there are a lot of other options right now.

March 5, 2012 10:31:37 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Didn't you just say highly rated? How does that go hand in hand with a crap show like Falling Skies?

March 5, 2012 10:52:24 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I never even heard of it till i read this post. What is it...some kind of alien takeover redeux?

March 5, 2012 11:29:28 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I wish the writers had more common sense. Seeing things like the survivors picnicking in the middle of a street while alien aircraft patrol the skies, and within sight of a massively tall alien structure, totally break my immersion. Season one was full of these "they wouldn't do that and survive" scenarios. I like the idea of the show, but wish they'd get more real with it.

March 6, 2012 3:58:51 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Uvah,
I never even heard of it till i read this post. What is it...some kind of alien takeover redeux?

Lets just say new V series is much better then this one. That says A LOT!!

March 6, 2012 5:26:02 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Wow! And I didn't like the new V series at all. Must be a real snoozer.

March 6, 2012 10:21:06 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting TorinReborn,
Didn't you just say highly rated? How does that go hand in hand with a crap show like Falling Skies?

Ratings don't always pertain to critical ratings. I was referring to the viewership ratings. The show premiered with 5.9 million viewers which is very high for cable and for TNT. Terra Nova has already been canceled and Alcatraz is likely to be as well. I stand by my earlier point.

March 6, 2012 2:52:17 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting AragornV,

Quoting TorinReborn, reply 14Didn't you just say highly rated? How does that go hand in hand with a crap show like Falling Skies?

Ratings don't always pertain to critical ratings. I was referring to the viewership ratings. The show premiered with 5.9 million viewers which is very high for cable and for TNT. Terra Nova has already been canceled and Alcatraz is likely to be as well. I stand by my earlier point.

I watch Alcatraz. It hardly put the world on fire, but its better than nothing i suppose in the moment.  If they cancel it, i suppose i wont be that much disappointed as i was with Event or FlashForward, but still...how do they expect something to become succesful, if they do not let it to actually develop and gain some audience...

March 6, 2012 10:10:01 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I actually enjoy the hell out of Fallen Skies. It has indeed been picked up for a second season and the fan community behind it is pretty strong. Too many decent shows have been cancled so hopefully this one will get to stick around. I also totally love the premise of the show. Granted it's not the most original premise ever, but, at least they're handling it semi-decently.

March 7, 2012 7:20:01 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Semi-decently.  Yeah, I agree.

Heck, Walking Dead is a hit with my family (my dad and sister watch it mostly every Sunday.) It's just about an zombie apocolypse.  Falling Skies is pretty much the same thing, except it's alien invasion.  Basically both WD and FS display a small society after a cataclysmic event.  That is the appeal of these shows (I think).  These shows display common people surviving after a big event.  So they're very good shows because of this.

And yet, through all this, I still refer to the "T" structure as a starbase. hehe 

March 15, 2012 3:11:15 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums
March 15, 2012 10:55:48 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

hmm...

Good, I guess.  I originally started this thread to ask the question of what you think will happen next.

I didn't think the series would get so much criticism.

Let's hope it converts some people with the new season.

For the Unity!

edit: I really have to come up with a faction-themed thing to say at the end.of my posts.

March 16, 2012 9:39:30 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

My guess is that the aliens wanted to make Noah into some kind of sleeper agent for them, possibly with some sort of adult version of the harness. It would be cool to get an inside look at the 'starbases' this season. 

Vive le resistance?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000187   Page Render Time: