The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Simcity 5 coming out (2013)

By on February 29, 2012 1:34:52 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/02/29/first-simcity-5-screens-and-details-surface/

So, I realized that I had to wait for 10 years to finally getting proper sequel for Simcity series.

Imagine how much I have to wait for Baldur's Gate 3.....

+17 Karma | 15 Replies
February 29, 2012 1:59:35 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

If true I will jump for joy!  The Cities XL series have been really disappointing.

February 29, 2012 3:23:13 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Simcity 4 sucked, and so does Cities..IMHO anyway. I hate the class aspect, and i hope 5 does away with it, i still play simcity 3000!

February 29, 2012 5:36:18 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Awesome. Going to read this now. Can't wait for another Simcity Game. Gaming just hasn't been the same since they stopped making them.

Quoting Neilo,
Simcity 4 sucked, and so does Cities..IMHO anyway. I hate the class aspect, and i hope 5 does away with it, i still play simcity 3000!

Them is fighting words (at least, the Simcity 4 part)! But seriously, what class aspect didn't you like?

February 29, 2012 6:05:38 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting James009D,
But seriously, what class aspect didn't you like?

The use of them at all! It took the focus away from what, for me at least Simcity was always about, city building. I didn't want or need to have to play a social structure sim.

I want to build, not manage social inequalities. Maybe it's just me, but that's what i hated about it. Cities XL follows the same path, which is why i still have 3000 Unlimited installed. Yes, it's dated, and it shows, but at least i can retain the ability to ignore everything else and just build!

If 5 retains the same social structure elements that 4 has, then Simcity will be dead to me.

March 3, 2012 4:48:43 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Neilo,

Quoting James009D, reply 3But seriously, what class aspect didn't you like?
The use of them at all! It took the focus away from what, for me at least Simcity was always about, city building. I didn't want or need to have to play a social structure sim.

I want to build, not manage social inequalities. Maybe it's just me, but that's what i hated about it. Cities XL follows the same path, which is why i still have 3000 Unlimited installed. Yes, it's dated, and it shows, but at least i can retain the ability to ignore everything else and just build!

If 5 retains the same social structure elements that 4 has, then Simcity will be dead to me.

I agree, 3000 by far was my favorite.  I liked 4 but it forced me into too much crap management that I didn't care for, I just want to build as well.  I've never gotten 3000 to run properly on anything but Win 98 but I never have tried on my new Win 7 machine, I'll have to give it a go.  It would always crash on XP, even in 98 mode.

March 3, 2012 5:02:20 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Three new buildings and some updated graphics? W00t! Where is the fire so i throw my money in it?  

March 3, 2012 5:13:51 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Thank god. I am still playing Simcity 3000.

March 3, 2012 5:18:43 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

@Bonscott I have had no issues with SC3000 over the years, have had it installed on XP, Vista 64 and have had it on win764 since release.

I have the unlimited version, i wonder if it has some patch included that affected compatibility.

Shame you have issues with it man, i still fire it up every months and lose myself in the city for a week or so!!

March 9, 2012 12:39:01 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm so there!!!!  

March 9, 2012 4:34:45 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Dang, it will require Origin.  I forgot that EA is going this game and I am so done with EA after the travesty that was Dragon Age 2.  And then Origin is just another nail in the coffin.  

Must....resist....EA.....

March 9, 2012 7:55:33 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Ugh..really? *makes sad face*

March 20, 2012 7:44:40 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Here are some videos to keep you from going insane until 2013 (doubt that)...

March 20, 2012 7:49:57 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Will probably be killed by online features and DRM stuff. Wanna use that library that you just unlocked in the single player campaign? No problem, but its only available if you are online and logget on to AnotherOnlineService.com while playing single player. And you get the Library achievement!!

I have given up on triple AAA publishers and games as you may tell. 

April 24, 2012 7:48:42 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting seanw3,
Three new buildings and some updated graphics? W00t! Where is the fire so i throw my money in it?  

Heh.  And so many newer versions of games are just about that.  They don't appear to make a great deal of money, though, so I'm surprised this is being attempted.  Unless, of course, EA plans to have all the characters in their endless SimCity franchise play the game.

April 24, 2012 8:00:10 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting joasoze,
Will probably be killed by online features and DRM stuff. Wanna use that library that you just unlocked in the single player campaign? No problem, but its only available if you are online and logget on to AnotherOnlineService.com while playing single player. And you get the Library achievement!!

I have given up on triple AAA publishers and games as you may tell. 

Hehe, sounds like you've been playing some Ubisoft games or something

The new ANNO is pretty much exactly that with the bonus that you are frequently blocked from getting online with your friends, or your online profile can't be found, a bug which has been in every Ubisoft game I've seen the past few years. They really hate people who pay them for their games.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000484   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.