The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Borderlands 2 Launch Date Trailer

By on February 25, 2012 1:00:39 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II ForumsExternal Link

Finally a release date for Borderlands 2!! I'm sure there is more than a few Borderlands fans here. I'm looking forward to this sequel more than any other, Borderlands is my favorite shooter, and after looking at that trailer, it sure looks like the devs have put a fair amount of work into the sequel!!

Borderlands 2 official site.

+127 Karma | 18 Replies
March 1, 2012 4:23:51 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I wanted to like Borderlands. I couldn't. It was too: rush here rush there in multiplayer. And the game is multiplayer centric.

Playing single player was like playing Monster Hunter on your own. It's ok, but you know it'd be much better with others.

Still, I have high hopes for the sequel.

March 1, 2012 4:32:59 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Like you say, better in MP, but with mods it can be quite good, if you don't abuse them. (which i do sometimes). The DLC's brought alot to the single player experience i thought.

March 1, 2012 5:41:24 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

IMO, it's the best single player shooter on the market.

Multiplayer? Do not want.

Really looking forward to BL2.

March 1, 2012 5:51:43 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting Gazz_,
Multiplayer? Do not want.

I've played the game out in both SP and MP, and though MP can be fun, i don't think it's the same as SP. If Gearbox said we are doing away with MP, i could care less.
Actually i'd rather prefer that i think, at least then Gearbox would have no need to use Steamworks with BD2.

March 2, 2012 3:40:59 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

LOVED Borderlands and played it twice thru SP only.  Never even tried to do MP as I hate MP.  One of the best games I have ever played, in my Top 5 all time.  B2 will be on my XMas list for sure.

March 2, 2012 11:05:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'll be honest. All this praise for single player makes me want to give it another go on my own. What about the creatures where it was obvious one person was supposed to distract them while the other takes them down from the back? Didn't that get on your nerves?

March 3, 2012 3:48:12 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting Othello,
What about the creatures where it was obvious one person was supposed to distract them while the other takes them down from the back? Didn't that get on your nerves?

Perhaps i don't take the game as seriously as you or something, but i have no idea what you are on about.

March 3, 2012 4:07:50 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Neilo,

Quoting Othello, reply 6What about the creatures where it was obvious one person was supposed to distract them while the other takes them down from the back? Didn't that get on your nerves?
Perhaps i don't take the game as seriously as you or something, but i have no idea what you are on about.

there were a few enemies with significant frontal armor. weak in the rear.

March 3, 2012 5:41:38 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Ohh, ok, i get you now. Spiderants for instances....

My usual build is Mordacai and i focus on snipers, with SMG support, so i often am after cric hits anyway.

March 3, 2012 4:46:10 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Yea, no idea what you mean by obvious monsters needing two people.  I just killed everything, period.  I usually played the chick and if I got overwhelmed I would just phase out which would damage the crap out of the mob, heal up while phased, then phase back in while in the middle of the mob which would send out a huge lightning shockwave which would usually take out whatever was there and I'd just mop up the rest with SMG.  It's all about the build.  The RPG aspects of building your character makes it way more then your typical shooter for me. 

March 3, 2012 11:05:37 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Can't wait, the first one was great. It did have a few problems, but I loved it regardless. My brother will be getting it

March 3, 2012 11:08:43 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Wub Wub

March 3, 2012 11:53:35 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

We might have start ourselves a stardock clan or something. Or at least share some game info, i play on PC btw.

March 5, 2012 4:49:32 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Here is a nice BL2 wallpaper for any interested.

Full size (1920 X 1080)
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/353/bl2h.jpg

Preview,

March 6, 2012 9:05:30 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

That's one of the best trailers I've ever seen. Period. 

March 8, 2012 6:22:42 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'll definetly get this as soon as it's on sale if I got somebody to play with.

Got Borderlands GoTY from an internetfriend and we're playing through it. Been a pause for a month now but we'll get back on track soon.

So what's everybodys favorite character?

Singleplayer: Has to be Mordecai!   I love the pistols as they're so accurate!   Having a revolver makes me feel like Dirty Harry: "A .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world....feel lucky Psycho..? 'HAHAHHAHA'...Well DO YA PUNK?! *HAHAHHA*BAM! *Critical Hit with head exploding*

So SATISFYING

Then we got the sniperpart. Just love it.

The Soldier is boring.

Phasechick is kinda interesting but I'm using her for multiplayer.

Brick....*yawn* I read his skilltree and he seems like the most boring thing in the whole world. Boring like: "I'd rather play one of the Angry VideoGame Nerds NES games than playing with Brick!"

March 8, 2012 9:33:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Day one on pc for me.  Very excited. 

March 9, 2012 12:15:16 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Yup, ill preorder it and playing day of release, PC of course. (none to happy to hear it's yet another title to use Steamworks, but i'll take that over BL's securerom.)

Quoting Campaigner,
So what's everybodys favorite character?

Yeah, probably Mordecai. I like snipers. I'm playing through right now with Brick (just got to the crimson tollway) and yeah, he is not too fun. (i hadn't played with him at all since i suspected he would be boring) His skill tree is perhaps the lest useless, especially if you don't care for melee attacks.

Lilith i didn't mind, but i really like the soldier. Iv'e played it through a few times with him. He seems to tank really well so i go for close in SMG and repeater pistols.

Looking forward to being able to wield two weapons at once in BL2 though!!!

If anyone wants some co-op play, just pm me.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000281   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.