The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Forums Maintenance on Tuesday, February 21

By on February 20, 2012 9:38:14 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hey everyone! Tomorrow we'll be pushing an update to the Stardock Forums that will require us to take them down for a short period. The update will happen around 10AM EST and may be down for up to an hour. The forums will be inaccessible during that time.

What's new?

• Design refresh for the stardock.com Forums. Other sites' forums have no changes (or very minor changes).
  • Minor update to the editor, primarily focused on bug fixes.
  • Various minor bug fixes.
  • Major changes to the back-end (stuff you won't see, but that will hopefully make the forums faster and better moving forward).

We apologize for any inconveniences this downtime may cause. Thank you for understanding!

Bara

0 Karma | 26 Replies
February 20, 2012 10:46:29 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Will there be a possibility to put quote inside a quote?

February 20, 2012 10:51:12 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Not in this update, no. It is a known issue and we will try to have a solution soon.

Bara

February 20, 2012 11:01:26 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Will the new forums force everyone to use punctuation, and spell words correctly, and not use "text speak", and, and, and.............. I'll think of something!!!

February 20, 2012 11:42:47 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting GunslingerBara,
Not in this update, no. It is a known issue and we will try to have a solution soon.

Bara

Good to hear this.

February 20, 2012 1:29:02 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

ps One more thing: it would be wonderful if forums were scalable. The default font is too little on smaller screens (like on my 1024x600 netbook). When I zoom (ctrl++) the posts don't fit in the screen.

February 20, 2012 2:02:01 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting GunslingerBara,

Bara

Very nice. Even though it's not going in now, good to see you guys looking into it.

February 20, 2012 2:38:36 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting BoXXi,
Will the new forums force everyone to use punctuation, and spell words correctly, and not use "text speak", and, and, and.............. I'll think of something!!!

If such technology existed, its creator would be filthy stinking rich.

February 20, 2012 2:59:55 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

If such technology existed, its creator would be killed by enraged Facebook users!

February 20, 2012 3:02:19 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

They're just doing this because Abe Lincoln is rampaging all over the internets today.

February 21, 2012 5:24:00 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

He's the new Vampire Hunter dontcha know.

February 21, 2012 5:56:14 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting Gandhialf,
ps One more thing: it would be wonderful if forums were scalable.

Oh how i would love this!
The wasted real estate on my monitor when reading the forums could be so better put to use.

February 21, 2012 3:25:36 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

The update was pushed a little later than expected, but all is well now. Please post in the Forum Issues forum if you find any issues!

Bara

February 21, 2012 4:21:27 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

February 21, 2012 4:22:57 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Rosco_P,

Quoting BoXXi,
reply 3

I am that technology....but re 'filthy, stinking rich' I guess 2 out of 3 ain't bad....

February 21, 2012 4:38:28 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Jafo,
I am that technology....but re 'filthy, stinking rich' I guess 2 out of 3 ain't bad...
And yet people complain about my "zubish".  Whatever.

February 21, 2012 5:41:10 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting Jafo,
I am that technology

You're claiming to be a tool? I thought you had more self-respect than that...  

February 21, 2012 6:05:17 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting GW Swicord,
You're claiming to be a tool?

Yep....not the sharpest knife in the drawer....

February 22, 2012 4:38:45 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Jafo,
I am that technology....but re 'filthy, stinking rich' I guess 2 out of 3 ain't bad....

I thought ALL you Architects were filthy stinking rich!!!

P.S. Ignore my begging letter when it arrives........

February 22, 2012 5:25:56 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Rosco_P,

There already is such a technology. It's called 'proper education' and understanding of your/ones own language.

February 22, 2012 10:07:33 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Snowman,
There already is such a technology. It's called 'proper education' and understanding of your/ones own language.

But teachers are poor (at least in my country). How come?

February 24, 2012 6:59:33 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Not sure if this is somehow related to the forums update, but I've double posted on roflmaoo's MGR-5015 skin, and I can't edit or delete the second comment. If I try to delete, I get 'Sorry, there was an error processing your request'. If I try to edit it, the page doesn't display properly and as soon as I click save I get the same ' Sorry, there was an error processing your request' message. The only reason I double posted was because the comment counter didn't change from 20 to 21 until about two minutes had passed, which normally doesn't happen.

Could someone at least delete my second comment for me, please.

Cheers

February 24, 2012 8:10:07 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Starcandy,
Could someone at least delete my second comment for me, please.

Done.  

February 24, 2012 8:27:04 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

You're a star, Rosco!

February 24, 2012 8:49:23 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Starcandy,
You're a star, Rosco!

You would know! 

March 27, 2012 6:51:25 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Looking at the dates and when things stopped working, I think that this may be the update that broke RSS.

Any possibility of a rollback?

Details on RSS not working available in this thread:

http://forums.stardock.com/405157

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000547   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.