The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

TB unmovable

TB gets stuck on cataract and TP does not help

By on February 18, 2012 2:40:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quim9

Join Date 01/2012

Just played TB in a 3v3 conquer cataract game, and he got stuck on the way. TP with a friend-supplied scroll to the other side of the map didn't help any.

What the heck happened, and why? And when will that be resolved?

I have the replay, but found no way to post it here, so please ask me.

Locked Post 6 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 18, 2012 2:45:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

PS: Could not post on this forum using IE8 at all, Firefox 8.0.1 worked.

The error-message the forum gave was always "Fiddlesticks! There was a problem adding your post to our forums. Please wait a moment and try again.". Retry obviously didn't work.

February 18, 2012 3:04:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

quim - I don't recollect ever experiencing a stuck tb issue.  At worst, I've encountered a randomly stuck unclean beast - and at that, only for like 5 seconds or so... and even then, incredibly rare.  Has this happened to you more than once?  If it happens again, or if you recollect things about what you were doing at the time, etc, please reply here.

re: ie8 - I don't really know much about that.  Maybe consider making a post in the forum issues forum re: that.  I just use firefox and haven't had that problem before.

February 18, 2012 4:17:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No, only happened this once, but if you want you can get the replay. Should be obvious when i get stuck and cry for a tp-scroll, though that does not help. Just gets me stuck at a tower somewhere else. Didn't wait till I was killed, maybe that would have helped

PS: Trying IE8 again.

February 18, 2012 4:27:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, honestly, I'd just consider it an annoying fluke.  If it happens again, report it here plz.  Sucks, to be sure, but I'd have heard lots about it by now if it was a common thing. 

February 19, 2012 1:23:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You can get stuck using Sludge Slinger

It is also possible you deselected TB, and then lag prevented a reselection within a reasonable amount of time while you clicked desperately making the situation worse.

It happens, use the Uberfix mod and encourage others to do the same.

February 19, 2012 6:26:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks for the suggestion, but we could not buy sludge-slingers yet, early days.

As far as I know, if I succeed in deselecting my dg (a wtf in itself), I can neither use abilities, pick up items nor give movement commands causing him to jog on the spot. That's my recollection at least, which might be flawed.

Well, Uberfix is certainly a good idea. Might even help with this problem, though I don't know how to repro for testing, if at all possible.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000110   Page Render Time: