The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Weird "exploiting"

By on February 12, 2012 5:09:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Darkliath

Join Date 04/2010
+21

Careful when you play against the player "Darkliath". Because you might get disconnected and probably get a loss.

http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/games/player/112190/

Check February 12th day game list and you'll see, although there are few games on February 11th also.

The way, how everything goes is pretty much like: start any game (hosted or joined someone else), everything looks good or get an instant disconnect (the later is not so often). After some time appears the screen, which shows timer that some players could drop. This happens several times during the game until at one time Darkliath drops and gets a win (most of the time). Game lasts about 5-10 minutes. Pretty much enough, so that game would count.

In test of 1v2 players, the game went smoothly and there was maybe one point, when that screen appeared, but until the end everything was fine and no disconnections happened. In 1v5 however, the issue happened and although it was a bit different (Darkliath didn't get a win), Darkliath dropped with some other player.

Warning you about this problem, so that you would be aware of it.

Locked Post 19 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 12, 2012 7:47:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't understand this post.... Darkliath flaming yourself?

February 12, 2012 8:33:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Totally lame... trying to give out 5 free wins at once.... it's like this person has an agenda to raise everyone else's stats above 50%.

February 13, 2012 12:29:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The fun part is trying to figure out why dark posted this.  My guess is that omg_user busted her chops.  Granted, its a just a guess based on a quick look at history.  Say what u want about user, but he certainly is talented abt getting a rise out of ppl...

February 13, 2012 4:43:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Reggird told me Darkli "suddenly became a noob with a TB". I asked her about that, but the reply was a bit cryptic. She also dropped during the following match getting a win, then pm'ed me with "That's how to disconnect properly!". I thought she's just having a bad day or something, so I left that as is, hehe.

February 13, 2012 5:01:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting pacov,
The fun part is trying to figure out why dark posted this.

Smoking the whacky tobaccy is my guess.

February 14, 2012 2:55:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMGIN1,
Reggird told me Darkli "suddenly became a noob with a TB". I asked her about that, but the reply was a bit cryptic.

From what I can tell she takes umbrage with the people who know that she is a pro in noob's clothing. And try and use her 39% (or whatever) to stack a team against people who don't know.

If she thinks the game has been stacked she will actually play like a 39% or lower depending on how stacked it is.

Ultimately the point is just don't stack (especially with Dark in the game), if you do she will balance it herself. I can assure you if you balance the game properly she will dial up the skill gauge all the way.

[NB] Dark, I hope I am not being inappropriate in 'outing' your honourability in match balancing.

-I would aspire to be more like her myself, the best I can do is play 3v1 or 2v1 against noobs, but at least its a step. (I usually still win but not always)

February 14, 2012 5:02:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oh well. I guess the problem was only temporary (not happening anymore). Now only difficult to connect to players in the lobby, but that's entirely different.

No, Lukas, I am not flaming myself. Just warning, because I ruined quite a good amount of matches (in a row), so anyone could have written about that. Instead I did myself.

Quoting LORD-ORION,
Totally lame... trying to give out 5 free wins at once.... it's like this person has an agenda to raise everyone else's stats above 50%.

If that's about that 1v5, then... Well... Let's say, I was testing the limits of my disconnections (keep in mind, none on purpose) and was expecting to win it. I even played very seriously. You can see from my second one (had quite a good amount of favor points even though completely lost). So yeah, I gave 5 wins away twice (actually once only 4 wins, because one player dropped). However, keep in mind that I stole wins in like ~10 matches from 5 players (my teammates included). Giving away 2 wins (3 if you count 1v2 also) and taking ~10. But that's not the part, which I care about anyway. I had fun while losing, because I know that I did do my best. Fun > any win.

Quoting pacov,
The fun part is trying to figure out why dark posted this.  My guess is that omg_user busted her chops.  Granted, its a just a guess based on a quick look at history.  Say what u want about user, but he certainly is talented abt getting a rise out of ppl...

Simply, so that others wouldn't. Userbanned had nothing to do with that, although I disconnected and got a win from him in one of the games also. Another thing is, it is somehow a bit weird disconnection as usually it is the host, who could do that. This time, I managed to get wins under any circumstances. No matter who the host was. Only once, it was a bit weird as nobody got a win at all.

Quoting OMGIN1,
Reggird told me Darkli "suddenly became a noob with a TB". I asked her about that, but the reply was a bit cryptic. She also dropped during the following match getting a win, then pm'ed me with "That's how to disconnect properly!". I thought she's just having a bad day or something, so I left that as is, hehe.

More like having fun out of my disconnections. You can tell from the names of my hosted games " 1v5 Can you beat me?", "You can't win against me!". I was both testing my connection (restarting router, etc after each match) and having a feeling that I'll win any match (or in other words, just having fun).

Quoting K_B,
From what I can tell she takes umbrage with the people who know that she is a pro in noob's clothing. And try and use her 39% (or whatever) to stack a team against people who don't know.

If she thinks the game has been stacked she will actually play like a 39% or lower depending on how stacked it is.

Ultimately the point is just don't stack (especially with Dark in the game), if you do she will balance it herself. I can assure you if you balance the game properly she will dial up the skill gauge all the way.

You're quite correct. If my team is stacked, I'll try some other things, play not efficient builds, use some weird things. But as you said, depends on how much. I might go complete noob mode and not buy a single item. Just citadel upgrades (and still win). I don't think it's news though... As I've been doing this before I started playing demigod here. In other words - since playing on gameranger. There playing a 1v1 against a really... newbie player... Was not interesting. You can try to play with ub against a first time player and see how fun it is. I once did. And at the end of match I was throwing artifacts near him. Still won though... Since then, I learned how to balance quite well. Learning how good an opponent is while playing and increasing or decreasing my skills on the spot. Should I get favor item? Maybe not? Or maybe get it, but not anything else? There were plenty of strategies, builds, etc. Also, keep in mind that even my completely stupid useless builds are created with strategy. I won't buy minion attack damage items on assassins, but I might take Goggles (favor item) and ward of sight for reg to increase his sight range and snipe enemies, who think that they are out of my sight. Take Furious Blade (favor item) and make a reg with auto attack only + getting crit items, so attack speed would be useful. Many other things. In 1v1 noob games might play while eating, going short afk's, so that enemies could catch up in level to me if they are behind. I might still win those, if they don't see what I do. Like buying priests/angels, then going afk. Enemy doesn't get any minions and is demon. So in the long run he'll lose slowly, unless he buys creeps also. I won't buy everything at once though, because he might not have enough gold... But slowly, bit by bit. Might give some advises (unless language barrier). In noob games you can do things, which you can't do in normal games. Call me stupid or whatever, but I just like some variety.

Another thing though is that if teams are stacked against me, even though I might not like it a bit. But I then get a challenge to play as good, as i can + maybe increase the skills of my team. Unless I am too lazy, which I usually am, so just doing as good, as i can myself.

Sometimes, I just want to play some stupid (at least others would say that) build. And no matter the circumstances I will play only it. Lose/win, don't care.

Quoting K_B,
[NB] Dark, I hope I am not being inappropriate in 'outing' your honourability in match balancing.

-I would aspire to be more like her myself, the best I can do is play 3v1 or 2v1 against noobs, but at least its a step. (I usually still win but not always)

I thought that most knew it... So I have no problems. I think the most visible action, which nearly every player already saw, is my reg starting to snipe some low hp player and then stopping or sniping some tower, or something nearby. So that he could understand that he would have been killed. Maybe he'd get a potion to heal or something else in the future. Of course, I would always kill nnnils or Petrdol. Why would I spare them.

Also, a true hero never uses a sword against an unarmed enemy. He throws it away and fights with fists, unless the opponent is injured... Then he waits for the enemy to recover and fights again as equals or injures himself too.

February 15, 2012 3:00:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't know. I play with Darkli a lot, and the only match I can recall her playing a bit like a noob was that Sed/DA mirror vs nnnils and airpush, which obviously was not stacked. I'd say this kind of behavior is more of a sympathy/antipathy thing for her: if she likes the teammates, she'll play to the best of her ability; if she doesn't, she will try out a Poison Dagger speed UB.

February 15, 2012 3:51:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMGIN1,
Poison Dagger speed UB

It's Poisoned Dagger ooze Ub! I smashed plenty of players with such build

nnnils/airpush were better. Simple as that. Anyone watching the replay could see that.

February 15, 2012 6:36:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

this thread just says everything about dark

February 16, 2012 1:31:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What is that 'everything'?

February 16, 2012 1:40:08 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ROAR. Hope to see some of you noobs this weekend for some modded games. It's gonna be 2 AI each and fix mods on. 4pm EST til around 12pm EST. Bring your noob skills.

February 16, 2012 2:23:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Lukas, stop pm'ing me with... all this homosexual crap, please. You know very well what I'm talking about. Nothing against gay people, but I'm not interested.

February 16, 2012 3:01:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Can we ban this guy? Please look here I have posted the screen capture of IN1's pm flaming.

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/416974/page/3

February 16, 2012 3:24:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Can we ban that guy?

February 16, 2012 3:34:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Haha so you post my retaliation to your behavior. This thread will so be locked and removed.

February 16, 2012 3:44:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

A liar. And a stupid one, at that. There are timestamps out there, dumbass. Anyone interested in this idiotic discussion can see that what you have posted came later than what I've posted (:

February 16, 2012 4:33:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Time stamps. Like the one when you posted in forums that I'm a dick for no reason. Then when I ask "who is a dick" I get a tirade of how my bro and I are pompus aussie dicks. So yeah, I could spank you silly til you cry. BTW your sed is a one hit wonder.

Eat another twinkie looks like I hit a nerve

February 16, 2012 1:36:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Locked.  Sorry dark.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000188   Page Render Time: