The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Possible Buff UI mod?

By on February 10, 2012 5:37:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Bryff

Join Date 09/2009
+4

I don't think the normal game does this already, if I've missed it somehow, call me a noob.

I've got an idea for a ui mod, but I don't know if it's possible, or how far it would go before it might be considered a possible cheat.

So my idea is that the buffs that are currently on you (that normally show in small, hard to notice icons above the hp bar) would be displayed maybe in a box like the stats mini overlaying thing, or the other rollover info mod.  They would all have a timer on them that if possible, would count down in tenths of a second.  That way, if let's say there was an oak on your team, and you got shielded, you would know EXACTLY how much time you have until it wears off.  I would like this for sigils especially.

Here is where the idea could get into cheating if it went this far.  It could also do that for debuffs.  It would need a general distinction between abilities, though.  Let's say you get debuffed by an ability, but can't tell what level it is, and the time is different for the different levels.  Presumably if a timer were included for that, it would give you an advantage.  I'm also thinking it would be cool to do this effect for enemy demigods that you find in your line of sight.  Let's say as TB, you freeze an enemy demigod.  There could be a display that shows exactly how long they will stay frozen.  I'll use shield as another example.  In your line of sight, an enemy's shield is used and it is the level that it heals.  Since it is only used for that level and up, the timer would automatically use the number of seconds for that level. (I forget, but another add on could be, if it has additional levels after that, that don't distinguish themselves, there could be a min/max time on it.)  However, it could be mentioned that knowing exactly what every skill does is part of the game, and even if it is distinguishable, memorizing them is part of being skilled.

I'll stop there, but how about it?  And how far would it go to be cheating? (only allied skills is ok, or maybe distinguishable skills by enemy is ok?)

Locked Post 3 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 10, 2012 6:10:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

As for sigils without such mod. Buy two sigils. use one. You know it lasts 20 seconds. See the cooldown. And you should know, when it ends. On cataract usually it is disappearing, when 5 seconds left to next one (unless staff of renewal, sedna's magnificent presence, enemy cooldown flag). You sometimes can cast sigil the instant, previous one disappears.

I like the idea, but wouldn't die, if it will not be realized. Probably, because after some time of playing, you can tell how long each thing works without looking at the timers (like sniping before sigil wears off, etc).

February 11, 2012 3:45:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, I can't. I know it should end soon, and will probably chase a sigiled running DG, but to time my snipe... Eh.

February 11, 2012 3:06:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think like the UI mod, that this would be good, but only on buffs for your own dg. Part of the strategy of this game is to mentally confuse the enemy into stopping their attack or scare them off when you don't have what they think you have.

For example if sed has silence and you see a countdown, you'll know what level of silence it is, and decide to fight or flee based on this. Same with oak's shield. When he shields you will decide to chase or leave based on if you think you can catch him on the cooldown. If you don't know how much cooldown he has you may decide it's too dangerous to follow.

Not knowing the enemy buffs adds that level of skill to learn to recognize and use awareness on their level, what build they are using and of course gives you the ability to deviate from a build and not give that away immediately.

Also negative affects on your dg I'm unsure on the usefulness of a countdown, as when you're snared by a bad one (or a few) and have to think "OMG how long will this neg affect Last???!?" The answer to that is usually, "when you die".

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000063   Page Render Time: