The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Audigy Gamer in Windows 7.

By on February 5, 2012 4:29:26 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Can I use my seven year old Audigy in my soon to be built Windows 7 64 bit machine? Or should I forgo a sound card altogether and use onboard?
+19 Karma | 3 Replies
February 5, 2012 4:59:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I would go with the audigy. HOnestly on board has come a long way.. but a freaking sound blaster live is still better than most on board sound these days. Creative has the drivers for the audigy for win 7 so I wouldn't downgrade to on board at this point.

http://support.creative.com/kb/showarticle.aspx?sid=61105

February 6, 2012 8:13:36 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

It depends on which version you have. I would use 7.1 onboard vs. a 5.1 SE

Today's 7.1 cards can be had pretty cheap so you may just want to upgrade.

February 6, 2012 8:36:56 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Thanks guys. I'm not cheap, just see no reason to part with good equipment.

We go way back.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000062   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.