For some reason, most people buy Monks/Banded+Scaled and rush to have that battle royale at mid. Why? Maybe I miss the rationale. If so, please do elaborate.
Once I had stopped reproducing the age-old debuts and started thinking independently (well, watching yellow_belly and nnnils kind of gave me an idea, too), I've begun to do the following:
1. Buy Monks.
2. Attach them to the teammates as required.
3. Take BotF, tech Heal.
4. Type offensive remarks into All chat.
5. Wait until mark 0:45, when I have 400 gold, buy Scalemail. By this point, enemy creeps have reached the corner tower.
6. Begin to move towards Fortitude/Brilliance flag.
7. Reach it just in time to get the wave exp. Sometimes, some gold, too.
The justification for this alternative is: (1) I miss no exp; (2) Sed's early game becomes exceptionally strong (it wasn't weak before, by any means): now she's almost unpushable 1v1, has additional protection from gay minion builds and tower Rooks, and can push those corner towers at level 1 very efficiently (Normal towers, of course).