The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Sed vs Sed mirror guidelines

By on January 25, 2012 6:51:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

OMGIN1

Join Date 12/2011
+5

I've played a lot of Sed v Sed at this point (2v2/3v3). Several common problems that I see while laning even vs very experienced players, in a descending order of being obvious:

(1) People don't get Counter Healing at 8. That's always a huge mistake vs another Sedna.

(2) People get Pounce early (by itself a mistake), and level it above Pounce 1 (a very very very grave one). Pounce fauking sauks vs other Sedna. Why is that? A. You sacrifice some very good skills (her freaking strong auras, or Heal, or even Silence) for a so-so skill. B. It sort of begs to be used, only to spend your mana by doing negligible damage, immediately healed up by enemy Sed's Monks/Bishops. C. Strong Heal and NR >>>>> strong Pounce, that's elementary math.

(3) For some reason, people have a trouble understanding proper positioning + HW'ed creeps damage. If I lure a Sedna that has 1000 hp more than I do to my part of the flag to get dpsed by the minotaur soldiers, I oom her and push her off the flag very quickly.

(4) People stick with Monks instead of getting Bishops. Superficially, it's a sound decision when both Sednas have CH. If you look deeper, it's not. Bishops add up to your damage significantly and are much harder to kill with NR (Monks fall to NR quickly). If you are fast enough, you can do your CH dance much more efficiently. Besides, when you resummon them, you get a much stronger heal (even within CH's area).

(5) People think hp > speed. No, no, no. It's a misconception. The wise ppapanek said to me once: "You hp Sedna. You weak. You need help. Me speed Sedna. Me strong. Me don't need no help." Elegantly put, indeed! (; Having +1-1.5k hp and no speed won't save you from ganks and will make your life during CH dance a nightmare. 

(6) People misuse Silence as an offensive skill. Silence is, first and foremost, a defensive skill (for example, to be used vs an enemy Rook trying to slam your whole team, in order to let your teammate tp out, or to make the enemy retreat off the flag). Its secondary use it to secure kills vs (currently) low-hp targets. Silencing in the beginning of the engagement is stupid, anyway. You just spend a lot of mana and achieve nothing.

Locked Post 17 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 26, 2012 3:02:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like this post. Pretty much my sed build but I'm not yet good with the finer points. What is NR?

I focus on heal, wind, inner grace and magnificent presence. Then I go pounce and silence a little later on about 10.

January 26, 2012 3:06:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Then I go pounce and silence a little later on about 10.

Well, it will work in mid matches, of course, but you absolutely have to get Sil 1 at 5-6 and Sil 2 at 10 in high level games.

January 26, 2012 4:49:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

k thanks for that, I may try sed out sometime soon but am only a mid sed.

January 26, 2012 8:51:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What is NR?

Nature's Reckoning, an abused core-ring in Sedna's build

January 26, 2012 10:09:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

abused 

Huh? It's good on certain Sedna and Erebus builds: half a helm in passive mana reserve and quite a bit of AoE that lets the non-AoE-capable generals farm. Why abused? LOL.

January 26, 2012 11:07:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

not 100% sure if i know what you mean by CH dance can you explain it en detail pls?

January 26, 2012 11:11:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting aA_reggird,
not 100% sure if i know what you mean by CH dance can you explain it en detail pls?

CH= Counter Healing, this skill prevents your monks/priest/clerics/high priests/bishops heal you, but only on a paper, in fact you can go around this, this is called CH dance, you need to micro your monks etc

January 26, 2012 11:57:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

can you explain it en detail pls

No. I was just talking out of my ass. 'CH dance' sounds so professional and important, that I decided to use it.

PS: Seriously now. You need to micro your monks a bit. Put them back, where the HW/CH aura of the enemy Sed doesn't reach them. Then, if you are fast (in game, not fast reflexes), the trick is pretty simple. You run back, heal up, go back to fight, etc. For slower Sednas, the dance can be quite a pain.

PPS: Also, don't forget to Pounce enemy archers. That helps a lot during CH dance.

January 26, 2012 4:49:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMGIN1,
Also, don't forget to Pounce enemy archers. That helps a lot during CH dance.

Yep, its very important while you do CH-dance.. gadjets also can be very usefull

The Free Dictionary: A deep hole or shaft sunk into the earth to obtain water, oil, gas, or brine.

January 26, 2012 7:11:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Also, don't forget to Pounce enemy archers. That helps a lot during CH dance.

Yep, its very important while you do CH-dance.. gadjets also can be very usefull

cmon guys dont reveal every single pro trick...people should figure them out by themselves

January 26, 2012 7:20:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Also don't forget to silence enemy monks to prevent their healing.

January 26, 2012 10:42:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting aA_reggird,

...cmon guys dont reveal every single pro trick...people should figure them out by themselves

Ummmm, you all are going on as if new players may actually be reading this and taking it seriously... I think it is just us again; on these forums; in the custom game; staring at empty lobbies...

January 27, 2012 3:24:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Us again. On these forums.

In the custom game.

Staring at empty lobbies.

A masterful haiku, Prussian!

January 28, 2012 6:23:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is truth, there ARE no players. And by CH dance he means, get your monks out of enemy sedna's counter heal aura...if your timing is good you will time the mok's cooldown, back them up out of counter heal range and get the heal, and attack again.

I've started playing the free to play MOBA "rise of immortals" seems a bit crap but I'm sure once I learn a few characters it will be fun enough. Never as good as demigod, but actually getting a game is FAR more important to me than which one is better. Best thing is I've encountered absolutely no rage there at all. The uber-rage must be a demigod thing

ANYTYHING > demigod lobby wait and crashfail,statfail,everythingfail.

January 28, 2012 8:06:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Running_Lukas_79,
The uber-rage must be a demigod thing

Try LoL... there be some real nerd rage.

January 29, 2012 12:16:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"rise of immortals" seems a bit crap

Unfortunately, RoI is utter crap ): Gave it a shot in its day. As far as MOBAs go, I'd only recommend RotT (Realm of the Titans) - it has several serious differences from the DotA formula, some of which remind of DG - and, obviously, DotA2 beta.

January 29, 2012 4:17:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yeah I've tried it a bit and its pretty unexciting (RoI that is) Is dota2 still in beta? I cant seem to get it. I hate DOTA so will I hate DOTA2? I cannot handle the lack of zoom out on the map, and the autonomic instant kill style = (learn the right combo and hotkeys and get a kill repeating same formula always win is boring)

Plus I REALLLY REALLY hate a game where you need to 'build' items by putting recipes together with several different trinkets. That pisses me off so seriously I want to smash my computer. I want to play a game and learn items and builds and skills, but if I need to study like I'm back at university in electromagnetic theory I get REALLY upset.

I'll check out RotT but I've got gamers sadface because there's nothing good out there. I'm prepared to pay good money for a really enthralling game but I get bored shitless by the crap thats out, then I need to resort to mindless fun like shooters. Pretty soon I'll just go back to chess tournaments.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000188   Page Render Time: