The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

THE BROKEN GAME, AND THE FIX.

By on January 21, 2012 10:56:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Running_Lukas

Join Date 06/2009
+16

Okay everyone who visits this forum KNOWS the game has many breaking issues with it.  MOST of those issues have been fixed with the Balance mod here: https://forums.demigodthegame.com/415261 and the UBERFIX mod here: https://forums.demigodthegame.com/401030  , the MOBA MOD here:https://forums.demigodthegame.com/411173 .

Also, gameplay is vastly improved using the Enhanced UI Mod and the enhanced AI mod.

It is apparrent that only a minority of the players actually get the mods even when pointed to the right direction. And the players who have them rarely host a game with them because the modLESS players won't join.

So I know this will most likely be ignored, but honestly if the devs/producers/owners/ WHOEVER is in charge of these things, get your heads together and make at least this change. PLEASE make all these mods an update that's forced into the game. No enabling needed its just on no matter what. No logging in and launching without updating it. MAKE IT HAPPEN. The people who play this game enough to know what works and what is good for demigod WANT it.

Its obvious nobody cares to update so at least give the modders some acknowledgment they've got it right, and patch it in. 

Uberfix, Balance mod, MOBA mod, Enhanced AI, Enhanced UI must all be compulsory to take demigod to a new playable level.

All who agree with this add your say... and I've heard the talk about how they WON'T Do it, I want to hear people speak up about how they SHOULD do it.  It can happen, cut the red tape and make it. Please, thank you.

Locked Post 20 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 22, 2012 12:46:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

does anyone know this guy? ))

January 22, 2012 1:01:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

your mum does

January 22, 2012 1:24:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

funsies

January 22, 2012 2:47:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The Forged Alliance community has asked for a patch for a few years now, and GPG never answered (or to say nothing). I don't think Demigod will change now. For them, it's probably a commercial failure, so they move on. And you can't ignore Microsoft when they give you a job (AoE Online)

It's just non-profitable... A patch costs a lot of money. 

January 22, 2012 7:05:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

shouldn't cost so much since all is already done in forms of free mods.

could we ask for a reply or anything?

January 22, 2012 7:30:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok I know there has been an influx of new players recently so I guess a remake of this thread is fair enough. But Lukas you have been around long enough to know this thread has been made and remade many many times. For the record, a patch has been requested MANY TIMES in the past by the community. Whether this be incorporation of uberfix, balance mods, input from gpg or whatever. One previous thread I believe people in the know even outlined the process and costs of such an implementation. You probably won't get a reply because it has been given so many times in the past.

January 22, 2012 9:17:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The squeeky hinge gets the oil. And as althel said, the mods are already made and completed. I doubt it would cost anything to implement something that's already been coded. Hell, I bet if the developers asked the modders to change the mods into an update that patches rather than an ad on mod, they'd do it for free. Then it's as simple as making steam and impulse install it automatically.

And I agree that we'll probably not get a reply, but only because they could not give a shit. they're still selling the game and they were able to get it onto steam. But right from launch they have never cared that they're selling a faulty product. Even when people will fix it for free they still thumb their nose to the players.

And yeah, while theres mods and the game remains broken I'll keep revisiting this topic.

January 22, 2012 10:12:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Running_Lukas_79,
I doubt it would cost anything to implement something that's already been coded

You are assuming this. They cant just implement 3rd party coding without testing etc. Like I said this has been discussed previously by people who have an idea about the process and it's not as simple as you might think. I doubt the info will be reposted but you can search for it if you like. From memory miri and a couple of others posted the info previously.

January 23, 2012 8:15:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'll see what I can do.

January 23, 2012 9:26:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,
I'll see what I can do.

woot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 23, 2012 10:19:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

dares pacov dream again?

January 23, 2012 11:06:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,
I'll see what I can do.

Ohhhh, the prospects of what could be!!!

January 24, 2012 1:31:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

My face just got slapped by the FLOOR. I'm actually stoked to get a reply. I think most of the people playing DG would agree those mods have had all the testing needed; maybe it'll never be a perfect scenario but any improvement is a smile bringer. Seems like I was wrong, someone does actually give a shid, thanks for at least listening

January 30, 2012 11:55:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,
I'll see what I can do.

If there is anything I can do to help, count me in.

January 30, 2012 2:19:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Joubarbe,
The Forged Alliance community has asked for a patch for a few years now, and GPG never answered (or to say nothing). I don't think Demigod will change now. For them, it's probably a commercial failure, so they move on. And you can't ignore Microsoft when they give you a job (AoE Online)

GPG can't answer you anything. You have to ask THQ. And GPG also cannot answer you anything about Demigod. You have to ask Stardock.

Quoting Frogboy,
I'll see what I can do.

February 1, 2012 12:22:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,
I'll see what I can do.

This would get me back playing DG again....hope this happens.

February 4, 2012 9:34:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Neilo,

Quoting Frogboy, reply 9I'll see what I can do.
This would get me back playing DG again....hope this happens.

OH goodie.

I promise to buy every other stardock release happily ever after.

February 5, 2012 5:02:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,
I'll see what I can do.

Mom please  [e digicons]:')[/e]

February 10, 2012 6:09:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Joubarbe,

As mentioned above, that's completely different. THQ, the publisher, have the control over SupCom. Even if GPG had a patch ready to be released (And given that they had a beta patch available, its very likely they did have one ready and waiting), they weren't allowed to do anything with it. And there would be legal issues if they did try to do anything with it.

Demigod is GPG and Stardock, one would assume its a similar position with Stardock having control of the game, and so GPG would have to get the patch past Stardock, though Stardock actually care about gamers so might actually do something about it

February 11, 2012 1:23:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting pacov,
dares pacov dream again?

dreams are meant to be crushed

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000156   Page Render Time: