The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Pinned Post

Welcome to the public beta

By on January 19, 2012 11:48:42 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Greetings!

It has been a long time. But the day of the public beta for Elemental: Fallen Enchantress has finally arrived.

How you will get it

If you were part of the original beta (pre-ordered the game) the game will automatically be added to your Stardock account this afternoon around 3pm EST.  At that point, you can go to http://download.stardock.com to download and install it.

What is in the beta?

The beta includes an interactive tutorial plus the full sandbox game.

What are we looking for in this beta?

First and foremost, bugs. Specifically, video and sound related ones. And crashes. We always want to hear about crashes.  In addition, we are interested in your suggestions to improve the game particularly in areas of user interface and game balance.

How are along is this beta?

It’s pretty far. The version you will be receiving is version 0.75.  That said, there are a long list of known issues with it that you will likely notice immediately.  For starters, you will likely see graphical glitches like this. It’s known and should be fixed by the first update which will be next Thursday.

What should you do if you have a problem?

If you run into a problem, like a game crash there will be a file in your \programdata\stardock\elemental – fallen enchantress direcotry. It’ll be a ZIP file which will contain a debug.err (always helpful) and a crash dump file.  Send that to us at [email protected] subject: Fallen Enchantress report.

Also, if you have some sort of issue like even getting the game to start or something, in your \documents\my games\stardock\fallenenchantress directory will be the most recent debug.err. That will tell us all kinds of information about your system that we can use to troubleshoot.

How about those who want to get into the beta?

We will be gradually adding more people to the beta in the coming weeks. Eventually, anyone who bought Elemental: War of Magic in 2010 or earlier will get Elemental: Fallen Enchantress for free.  Users who purchased War of Magic in 2011 will get a discount that they can use to purchase Fallen Enchantress and join the beta.  For everyone else, we plan to open the doors completely in a few weeks.

We are very excited to hear what you think.  There is no NDA on this so you are free to give your impressions (good or bad) as you see fit. We hope you like what we’ve done here. Let us know!

For new users: Here are our Survival Tips!

Screenshots:

Arena Done city_details

Full Cave image

image image

+912 Karma | 100 Replies
January 19, 2012 12:59:07 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I can't wait! I'm so excited!

January 19, 2012 1:14:33 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Are we there yet!? Huh? Aren't we there yet?

It's just around the corner son.

That's what you always say

I should be getting access next week. As it was with E:WOM, I'll be anxiously following the write-ups, commentary, and videos of those who are already in. I have fond memories of following along with E:WOMs beta. Watching all the vids from Gorstagg and Draginol that I could find. Reading the communities plans for future mods, your thoughts on new game mechanics, your comparisons to other games, et all.  Was enjoyable. I'm looking forward to enjoying that proxy participation once again.  

January 19, 2012 1:14:52 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Sarudak,
I can't wait! I'm so excited!

And I just can't hide it!

Sorry, showing my age again.

January 19, 2012 1:31:32 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Cautiously optimistic. I remember getting my hands on the very first public Elemental beta back in 2009 and thinking how great a game you could build upon this bare-bones cloth map beta. Hopefully FE finally realizes that potential

January 19, 2012 1:38:11 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm already repeatedly hitting F5 on the download page

January 19, 2012 1:45:52 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting OneLion,

Like this guy

January 19, 2012 1:48:17 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting OneLion,

LOL, are you also carefully reading each line every time to make sure you aren't missing it, like I am doing?

January 19, 2012 2:06:24 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Does Stardock still have the bandwidth for this now that Impulse is gone? We're not going to see dial-up speeds due to demand are we?

January 19, 2012 2:21:10 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting juryal,
Does Stardock still have the bandwidth for this now that Impulse is gone? We're not going to see dial-up speeds due to demand are we?

I'm also concerned about this, but only time will tell (and it will probably be best for me to leave my laptop on and go to sleep anyway)

January 19, 2012 2:23:22 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hum... Didn't even think about that. They probably sold all the hardware with impulse. I'm still unhappy they sold it...

January 19, 2012 2:24:56 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting juryal,

I'd swear a couple months ago, Brad said they still have a massive pipe for bandwidth. But of course, I am not positive, nor can I say whether or not things have changed even if I am correct.

January 19, 2012 2:57:24 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Just fyi download is ready as far as I can see and if no one of you steals my bandwidth I'm gonna be done in an hour

January 19, 2012 3:00:13 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The download is on

January 19, 2012 3:01:49 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Definitely not an issue yet, already almost done at 3MBs.

January 19, 2012 3:02:48 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Sanati,
Definitely not an issue yet, already almost done at 3MBs.

Lucky. I'm plugging along at 1 MB/s.

January 19, 2012 3:06:48 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

1.5MB/s , speed doesn't seem a problem.

January 19, 2012 3:07:33 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Downloading now,

Its 2.3 GB and I'll be done in about 12 minutes, even while playing The Old Republic in the background! Yay!

January 19, 2012 3:08:56 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

download stops every 2 or 3 minutes

January 19, 2012 3:09:30 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Have 2 downloads going, about .5 MB/s here on my work connection (that is about maxed for this crappy connection), also used Logmein to start my home computer downloading it, getting about 4 MB/s there. Hell it's probably already done, haven't checked since I started both of them, but for sure it'll be waiting for me when I get home.

January 19, 2012 3:11:41 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

getting 2.16 MB/s steady.  10 min till that speed is freed up.  I expect to see people slowing me down as the download proceeds due to the amount of people in the first wave

January 19, 2012 3:20:18 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

3 megs a second my pipe is. Its pretty good, 2.3 gigs in about 15 minutes, and I live in Europe.

January 19, 2012 3:25:47 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Not a good sign......................nothing is showing on my download page but my ability to download War of Magic again.  Maybe pre-ordering through Amazon put me in the back of the line

January 19, 2012 3:31:26 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Last time i was so exited was Skyrim release. Hope for awesome game. Can't wait to receive my invite!

January 19, 2012 3:31:53 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Just got on WOOT!

January 19, 2012 3:33:40 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Nothing is happening. Downloaded it in 10 minutes, but when I open the file it starts extracting and then just closes at nearly 40%

Anyone have a clue why?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001235   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.