The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Trouble Hooking/Shadowing RenderSelectParams.lua

By on January 7, 2012 1:22:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Qaia

Join Date 11/2011

I'm trying to hook/shadow dgdata.zip\lua\RenderSelectParam.lua, but to no avail. For some reason this file in particular doesn't seem to hook or shadow using the normal modding approach, i.e., via \bindata\mods\<mod name>\hook\lua\RenderSelectParam.lua or \bindata\mods\<mod name>\shadow\lua\RenderSelectParam.lua.

Also, the debugging console shows that this file isn't even being loaded by the engine from either \hook\ or \shadow\. However, if I make the mod changes directly to the file and update dgdata.zip directly, then the changes do work. So, I know I'm modding the correct variables.

I've successfully modded other files via \hook\ and \shadow\, but for some reason modding RenderSelectParam.lua doesn't work. The specific changes I want to make are in CursorHighlightParams = { }, specifically to set Borderwidth = 0 and InnerOpacity = 0. in order to remove the border and unit glows on mouseover.

I've also tried adapting the Mod Support Patch for Supreme Commander (http://forums.gaspowered.com/viewtopic.php?t=28053) to work with Demigod, but I'm running into some problems getting the support patch to work altogether.

Any ideas?

Locked Post 2 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 7, 2012 6:13:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Some of the old modders discovered that there is a problem somewhere that prevents data from being loaded, even if you set a path to it. Basically, setting the path to load from does nothing. (even though the path setting exists)

So if RenderSelectParam.lua is not being loaded, there is probably nothing that can be done about it.

This is why we cannot use mods in Single Player Tournament without changing dgdata.zip itself.

I tried digging up the discussion thread this occurred in, but couldn't find it. I'll look again later tonight when I have some more time.

January 7, 2012 7:08:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I know we discussed it some in the enhanced AI thread - not sure where exactly.  If miriyaka is around, he's probably the best bet at help on this one.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000109   Page Render Time: