The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Regarding a possibility of having a short 2v2 single elimination tourney

By on January 7, 2012 1:45:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

OMGIN1

Join Date 12/2011
+5

A lot of people of suitable skill are back and play every day, or almost every day. At the very least: nnnils, Mythrandar, yellow_belly, Darkliath, Sharingan (Killer_Bee), Glagol (Steel_Spirit), seola_DMS, AntarestheKuuk, jakins, marchidanu, doggu, Quincrane, Rin, reggird, Invisible_XXV, gazcrowbar, visca_el_barca, IN1.

There are a lot of people that don't play every day, but whom I still see several times a week (like KALEL or Soccer_Mom), and there are some players that I can't really say are the same level (i. e. they can't fight nnnils, for example), yet they are pretty darn good, still (Pureriff, MegaAnt, cartman, etc.). 

Given the high number of skilled regulars, maybe there is a possibility to conduct a 2v2 tourney? I'd keep the rules as simple as possible: single elimination, any DGs, no doubles, but the sum of DGs each team uses must be 4 points or less (as per the 2010 3v3 tourney: UB, Oak, Erb, Rook = 3; Sed, Occ, QoT, TB = 2; Reg, DA = 1).

Anyone interested?

Locked Post 16 Replies +2
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 7, 2012 9:14:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

if this means getting some decent 2v2 matchups, sure count me in

I`m teaming up with yellow_belly

January 7, 2012 12:10:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

niiiice.....

how about we donate steam gifts for winnings?

January 7, 2012 3:31:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I won't participate or organize this time around, but if you throw something together I'd be glad to pin the post for you in the general forum.  Hope you can drum up enough interest and get it together. 

January 7, 2012 4:57:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

sure i'll join if i can find a partner ^^

January 7, 2012 10:12:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

this is just a suggestion, if u mix all the players to make teams even its much more intresting otherwise it will be just more of the same, guys like nnils teaming up with yellow _belly i mean who will want to play them with one of the less skilled(not naming any1), part of the reason i didnt care for any of the other tournments was that the teams were crazy stacked, but maybe i'm wrong and most ppl like it this way, after all the other tourneys were a sucess i think.

January 8, 2012 4:48:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hm. Well. It's more about the synergy between the players, if you ask me. I'll probably play either with Darkiliath or with yellow_belly, since I feel we work best together. Certain great players (like Soccer_Mom) I don't understand. Your suggestion is reasonable, but, on the other hand, I highly doubt anyone will like the randomization of teams. People should play with whomever they like.

January 8, 2012 10:10:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I didn't even get a mention lol I'm a noobie !:-0 oo7_warhammer is my teammate but I'm at work when most of u play so that is that.

January 9, 2012 12:25:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, the list was a tentative one, and very far from being comprehensive (:

January 9, 2012 12:29:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Guys, if you wish to sign up for the tourney as pairs, please name yourself and your partner here.

For starters, that's gonna be: nnnils + yellow_belly; Mythrandar + IN1 (unless both were joking, that is!).

I'll surely do some advertising in game, but whoever reads forums.

January 9, 2012 5:27:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

why not open tournament between any player wishing to participate?

There are a lot of us new players who wish to test their mettle in pairs with excellent gamers?

AL

January 9, 2012 5:34:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've never implied it is intended to be a closed tourney...

January 10, 2012 12:06:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Since I actually observe a lot of interest, I'm going to create a new thread for rules, teams registration and schedule discussion.

January 11, 2012 7:34:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm surely gonna play in the cup but we must to do it fast, before people will disperese.. about rules: 3-2-1 points for each DG is good. If we can reach 8 teams - so 2 groups, single-eliminating group stage, then in same way semi-finals and bo-2 final and 3rd place match. What do you think about it?..

January 11, 2012 5:46:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

are teams necessary? Lets randomize?

January 11, 2012 10:48:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

athelasloriel - it would be hard for pro players to submit to a Pantheon style matching... truth be told I also would like to have more of a chance than to start with a zero-game new player on my team.

...but, perhaps in the bracketing OMGIN1 would consider a "Wildcard" round where whatever new or mid teams enter, can single eliminate each other so at least there is an acheivable goal for us!!! - earning the one or two team slots at the pro-level. Yes it would be alot like Hunger Games for us but still kinda cool! It would also encourage the steamers in the community and be something for us to brag about later... what do you think?

January 13, 2012 6:18:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

well, I as a newer player wouldn't go to a tourney where vets are teaming with vets.

On a contrary note, if teams were randomized at start - new ones would have a chance to prepare with their teammates - earning the community induction of bigger transfer of game knowledge and hints as well as better fun.

It would make players get voice comms, train them to function as a team and be more fun in general.

It would also be a great source of a new set of replays (which could then during play or replay be filmed for you tube and Demigod homepage etc.) to entice a few more ppl joining in.

Tournamet should definitely be announced on and to Steam officials, maybe theyd find it interesting enough, and they would definitely get us some prizes from them.

My 5 cents and a few ideas.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000359   Page Render Time: