The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Best game of the last 10 years?

A Query

By on January 4, 2012 7:18:04 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

What do you think is the best game you've played in the past 10 years?

+3 Karma | 60 Replies
January 17, 2012 2:45:49 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Seleuceia,
Am I the only person in the world who enjoys Civ V more than Civ IV?

I'm in that camp too.

January 17, 2012 2:51:43 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Cauldyth,
Quoting Seleuceia, reply 43Am I the only person in the world who enjoys Civ V more than Civ IV?

I'm in that camp too.

Heresy!

January 17, 2012 3:23:50 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I really enjoyed Civ IV, but I think I'm having more fun now that I'm playing Civ V with my girlfriend. Civ V is easier to get into than Civ IV

January 17, 2012 5:19:31 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Whisker_Fish,
Civ V is easier to get into than Civ IV

That I can agree too, but its miles behind in quality, depth and interesting choices in my humble opinion.

January 17, 2012 10:24:26 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim and Mass Effect 1 and 2

Best games of all time are Skyrim and Morrowind, Oblivion was a turd compared to morrowind and skyrim, espically(spelling) that enemies leveled with you.

January 18, 2012 4:02:40 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting joasoze,

Quoting Whisker_Fish, reply 53 Civ V is easier to get into than Civ IV
That I can agree too, but its miles behind in quality, depth and interesting choices in my humble opinion.

I guess I just never saw Civ as a series that needed to be all that accessible. It's already such a huge time commitment to play through a normal speed game, that if you had the patience for that, you had the patience for anything.

Glad you are able to play it with your girlfriend though. I explained the game to mine and it went so far over her head, that I knew it was a lost cause.

February 14, 2012 4:11:36 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Well, my taste in videogames is usually not mainstream, so I will pick the following as my favorite game of 2002 and beyond:

SERIOUS SAM 2 !!!

I find this game very funny and addictive, I just love it!

Other games:

WORMS 4 MAYHEM

HALF-LIFE 2

PARIAH

AGE OF MYTHOLOGY

FAREHNEIT (not sure if I have spelled it correctly)

ARMIES OF EXIGO

Ok, you can flame me now and say that my choices suck, I will endure it...

February 14, 2012 4:20:56 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm going to have to go with World of Warcraft. 

February 14, 2012 4:22:23 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

WOW should be the clear winner... WOW aside, I would pick Civ IV.

February 14, 2012 4:27:12 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Lord of the Rings Online

Skyrim

I spend 6 years of my life playing Diablo II... but that was before 2002 when it came out.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000172   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.