The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Steam version of Demigod won't launch (Not a registration problem)

By on January 4, 2012 8:15:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Runesil

Join Date 04/2008
+1

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased Demigod off of Steam, although I already had an Impulse version but I wanted to keep everything centralized on one platform...however I'm having some MAJOR issues getting the game to actually launch.

When I try to launch Demigod it doesn't do ANYTHING.  The cursor spins for about 5 seconds, and then goes back to normal.  No popups, no acount registration, nothing.  Demigod.exe shows very briefly in the Task Manager, but then goes away.

I read a lot of posts about people having problems with Stardock account registration, but I never even get to that point.  I also did try setting both Steam and Demigod.exe to run as Admistrator but it didn't help.

I don't have the Impulse version of Demigod installed on this computer(and never have), so i can't see that there would be any conflicts with that.  It seems like something is just killing the program, but I'm not sure how/what/why.

I am running a 64-bit version of Win7.

I've also tried registering my new copy of Demigod to my existing Stardock account via https://services.stardock.net/accounts/registerproduct.aspx but it doesn't seem to take.  When i check the "My Downloads" section it doesn't register my new s/n.

Thanks,
Rune

Locked Post 5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 5, 2012 4:06:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

check this https://forums.demigodthegame.com/414332/page/1/#3049700

Im using win7 and steam, and have impulse bought Sins of Solar empire, but it works well.

Try contacting [email protected]

they are good in support.

January 5, 2012 7:22:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I saw that thread previously, thanks.  I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling Demigod with no change, but haven't fully removed Steam.  I'll give that a go and see if it helps.

-Rune-

January 5, 2012 3:09:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well I tried all that and no luck, so I tried to download and install the Impulse version of Demigod and that also doesn't work.  So at this point I'm guessing it's something to do with my computer.

-Rune-

January 5, 2012 7:48:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Since you never played Demigod on the machine you're using now it's most likely driver problem.So update drivers-video card driver,sound card driver,mobo, directX.... 

If you're still having problems disable all peripherals like webcams,headsets etc.

January 9, 2012 5:51:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I had issue with iTunes and qtime internet radio playing ....so no go anymore.

wouldn't start...

Also, I managed to host full game of Brothers for 4v4 and it was AWSOME.

we managed to finalize it and win.

I was Fire TB, aA_reggird was QOT I think. It was excellent.

Their team had Reg who played lousy and a good Rook who managed to die quite a lot (but was efficient at teliporting).

UBs were doing their own thing, and the Oaks were following in their wakes...

all in all, very exciting game.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000156   Page Render Time: