The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Multiplayer Not Working

By on December 28, 2011 8:46:15 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Kingster1

Join Date 12/2011

This is extremely frustrating. I cannot log into Multiplayer -> Internet Game with my username and password. Clearly I have the correct username and password as I logged into this forum. I even made a new account and transferred registration for Demi God and it still doesn't work. This is ridiculous.

Locked Post 7 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 28, 2011 8:54:46 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Says "You entered an invalid username and/or password"

December 29, 2011 12:19:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

moved to tech support forum

December 29, 2011 12:44:31 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thank you!
Really hope someone helps this is so wierd.

December 29, 2011 9:18:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

not sure if it will work for you but try to enter the email-address you used for the registration as your username

December 29, 2011 9:46:27 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Kingster1 - First thing I'd recommend you do is send an email to [email protected] and explain exactly what you've done along with the problem. If its just some weird registration issue, they can sort you out on their end. 

I'm assuming you have the steam version of the game.  I'm just going to throw out some things that might work for you.  Some folks reported having issues logging in through steam directly (eg launching Demigod from steam).  For some, simply running steam as an administrator seems to help.  Try that if you have not already.  For others with the same problem, they were able to get things working by running Demigod OUTSIDE of steam as an administrator.  There's a file called Demigod.exe.  Its somewhere in the steam directory - I don't know the exact location off the top of my head, but you should be able to find it by doing a search for demigod.exe.  When you find the file, adjust the properties to run as administrator.  Then run the game and try to log in to multiplayer.  If either of those work, please reply here.

You can double check and confirm that you successfully registered Demigod to your stardock account by going here and seeing if it shows up registered to your name (use your stardock username and pw):  https://store.stardock.com/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=/myaccount/products

If it doesn't show up, then register the game to your SD account using this link:  https://services.stardock.net/accounts/registerproduct.aspx

Anyway, provide feedback and as many details as possible.  Hope this helps you and sorry its been a pain to get playing. 

December 31, 2011 12:09:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

they should enable steam logging and not only stardock.

March 3, 2012 6:22:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i had it fixed running it as administator

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000203   Page Render Time: