The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Sedna vs Erebus

(flag contesting, pushing duels)

By on December 21, 2011 4:32:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

OMGIN1

Join Date 12/2011
+5

I've always thought it's sort of a common knowledge Erb gets out-pushed (and pushed out) by Sed, but was asked by two very experienced and skilled players to send them a replay so they see how that is possible. I figured such a replay might be of more universal interest, given our humble DG renaissance (:

Here you go: http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/295330/yellowinvsnnnilsplayground.DGReplay

It's a Cataract 2v2: nnnils (Erb) + Playgroundlegend (Rook) vs IN1 (Sed) + sazonov/yellow_belly (Oak). In my opinion, it does not showcase the opposing team at their best, so don't get angry, guys, we all know it was just a bad game (: The point is not to show people how we pwned you, but to demonstrate Sed vs Erb flag contesting/pushing game.

Assorted analytical notes:

- Sedna is my standard regen-heavy build (see the relevant post in the strategy forum), with the addition of getting Counter Healing at 8.

- The first item I get with this setup is Nature's Reckoning. I also invest in both Scalemail and Nimoth because of Bite and minions.

- Please note the real breaking point is, unsurprisingly, lvl 5 (HW 2), before that, Erb has a slight advantage.

Locked Post 3 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 22, 2011 12:01:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks for posting the replay.  I'm a little surprised that some folks don't believe that sed would out push an unfed erb.  Anyway, glad you could provide an example. 

December 22, 2011 1:49:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I was surprised, too. But if 1k+ expert players are skeptical, I think the example is of some value, given a high number of newcomers. Besides, it's a good 2v2 in terms of general game dynamics (constant aggressive pushing, opportunistic flag caps, high map awareness).

December 22, 2011 6:29:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yeah ere vs sed at equal level/farm is fail for ere. It gets worse as the game goes on too. Cracks me up that ppl dont invest 400 in SM against erebus. Who thought this was bs?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000047   Page Render Time: