The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Can't get ReactorActivate to let me play the game (Steam)

By on December 20, 2011 5:30:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

xWidget

Join Date 08/2009

When I launch Demigod, Steam pops up with a window giving me my key, and when I press next, opens the window to register the game with my Stardock account. However, when I fill out all my information, it never seems to get a response back from the server. It just sits here forever:

4GB RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0GHz, this is with steam on my data drive (I:\Games\Steam) and Demigod located at I:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\demigod.

Also, I've already registered my copy on the Stardock website, so I don't think I actually need this window any more. Is there a way to bypass it?

Locked Post 9 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 20, 2011 5:42:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Also, I've already registered my copy on the Stardock website, so I don't think I actually need this window any more. Is there a way to bypass it?

Not really sure what you mean by bypass a window.  You'll have to be more specific.

If you are still having problems registering your copy, shoot an email to [email protected] and I'm sure someone will sort you out.

December 20, 2011 5:53:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting pacov,
Not really sure what you mean by bypass a window.  You'll have to be more specific.

If you are still having problems registering your copy, shoot an email to [email protected] and I'm sure someone will sort you out.

I can't play the game until this window closes "successfully." However, it won't close, so I can't play it.

Edit: Fixed by replacing the current ReactorActivate.exe with a cracked one from v1.2.0. Good job there GPG/Stardock/GameStop.

December 20, 2011 8:56:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I am having the same problem.
16G, AMD 1090T

located at
C:\Program Files\Steam
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\demigod\

http://www.stardock.com/support/activation_info.aspx
indicates that support will email a signature,
but the activator provides no key, and support is unresponsive

Great job getting it on Steam, 3rd party DRM obsolete and annoying.

December 22, 2011 8:27:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Try launching Demigod directly (Not through Steam) and see if that works.

December 23, 2011 10:05:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

this is ridiculous, the activator is likely checking for something about Windows that we don't have

does anyone know what?

December 23, 2011 11:11:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting T-Man,
Try launching Demigod directly (Not through Steam) and see if that works.

December 29, 2011 1:53:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Please help me too i recently bougth demigod off steam and its not letting me get pass the account registration screen it keeps giving me a 444. text doc file and it wants me to put it somewhere but i dont know where please help im pulling my hair out over this.

December 30, 2011 9:58:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well,

Amazing... I thought I was alone with this issue. Tryed hard talking to support that gave me a bunch try-and-error solutions. None of them worked. Amazingly unprofessional

Can somebody tell me at least is working on this issue?! Or post something like "we have no idea what is happening" or "we are too busy with holidays"?

January 3, 2012 11:53:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have the same problem as  xWidget (eternal loading indicator). 

I tried to run DemigodLaunch.exe and Demigod.exe directly but it did not help, still eternal loading.

I must also say, that i am using Windows 8 (Windows Developer Preview) operation system. 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000860   Page Render Time: