The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Ping Help

By on December 18, 2011 10:02:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

tiagodib

Join Date 12/2011

1 - I'm having trouble with my ping even when I am the host (it is usually between 200~300ms), is there anyway to reduce it? Any help would be appreciated.

2 - Se algum brasileiro estiver lendo isto por favor diga alguma coisa ou me add no Demigod/Steam =D

Thank you

Locked Post 6 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 18, 2011 10:42:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If the ping is between 200 and 300 thats just fine. The game does have an internal lag of 300 or 350 ms. As long as nobodys ping to someone else is below 350 (and stable) games should run fine. Playing with people not too far away (South America) would reduce the ping drastically though.

December 19, 2011 11:32:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well I'm seeing a big difference between Single Player and Multiplayer Modes... but ok, like you have said, the game remains playable.

Thanks

December 19, 2011 7:04:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm from brazil. Gonna try to find you;

Are you a steam user?

December 19, 2011 7:23:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Meu nick no Steam é -B|A|F- Phoenix, me add lá blz?

Falow

December 26, 2011 12:11:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i'm from brazil aswell.. add me

December 28, 2011 2:55:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i've played Playable games with 3v3 having 2 pings over 500! And two more at 350-450 with the last at 90.

Because it's p2p it can suck because one lags all players, but so long as all players have FAST UPLOAD speed then the game will chug along nicely, maybe a little slowed but nice.

Try not to think about ping so much.The ping is less likely to lag a game than poor connectivity. it's when a players connection shows yellow or red for too long upon joining. Or if they take longer than usual to connect to all other players. If there's proxies or nats that creates more issues so if I'm hosting I'll allow  only 1 proxy or nat any more its a no play.

The game depends more upon data transfer rate and almost all people's internet connection has a slower UPLOAD speed than download. When communicating with some 5 other computers in a peer2peer connection download speed and ping are not the main issue; it's if your upload speed is not fast enough to handle that outgoing traffic. Also if people don't have firewall exceptions and port forwarding their firewall and router can slow or block that traffic making it impossible to play.

I've had 200ms pings lag a game, and 520ms not lag a game.

Also it matters not who is lagging; host or other - they will lag everyone. A host with a high ping lets say about 450 can still host fine so long as everyone else has good internet connections.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000360   Page Render Time: