The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

There are a ton of people playing in passworded games, is there some place these games are being arranged?

By on December 15, 2011 8:02:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Epicurus

Join Date 04/2009

?

Locked Post 18 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 15, 2011 10:19:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, that's normal for a game like Demigod. Lots of players like playing co-op.

And for guaranteed non-passworded games, join the Pantheon.

It's pretty much the auto-matchmaking in Demigod, as opposed to the custom match list.

In most multiplayer games with matchmaking, the ranked auto-matchmaking is where most players are while custom games are just there for people to play with friends under password protection or try something new out, etc.

So aye, the Pantheon is where the games are being arranged.

December 15, 2011 10:40:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ShadowMasterRP,
In most multiplayer games with matchmaking, the ranked auto-matchmaking is where most players are while custom games are just there for people to play with friends under password protection or try something new out, etc.

Really? Wow steam release has changed things as it was always the other way around.

December 15, 2011 10:42:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting doggu,

Quoting ShadowMasterRP, reply 1In most multiplayer games with matchmaking, the ranked auto-matchmaking is where most players are while custom games are just there for people to play with friends under password protection or try something new out, etc.

Really? Wow steam release has changed things as it was always the other way around.

That was quite the number of years ago when players weren't yet used to such a way of things.

Nowadays auto-matchmaking is the de facto standard, so all players queue up for matchmaking in any multiplayer game that has it available and custom games are just there for password protected co-op games with friends or just goofing around.

Dawn of War II, Dungeon Defenders and many other such games all have the same two distinct options: matchmaking, which is comfy and relatively fast, and custom games, which are usually used for playing with friends, goofing around and using mods/custom maps.

December 15, 2011 11:46:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

First - I'd check here to get a real idea of what games are being played, etc.  It might paint a better picture:  www.demigodthegame.com/opengames.asp

Re: pw'd games -  this usually happens when friends pick up the game and want to start playing together with no one else.  I'm sure we'll see a lot of that for a bit, but it will gradually become less and less as those friends get tired of playing against AI and want to try something new.

December 16, 2011 4:38:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ShadowMasterRP,
That was quite the number of years ago when players weren't yet used to such a way of things.

Yeah I guess those 1600 games didn't give me an accurate view of how things are going in the community. Cheers for the guidance.

December 28, 2011 4:27:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I was always under the impression that the password locked games were "oldies" who don't want to fraternize with the "newbs". But I might be wrong on that part. I mostly host open games, but if it's private, it's an arranged 2v2 with friends.

December 29, 2011 9:54:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

wtf r u talking about? phanteon is dead, it's been dead for a year and nobody plays there aside from prussian-havoc

December 29, 2011 10:50:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting doggu,
Yeah I guess those 1600 games didn't give me an accurate view of how things are going in the community. Cheers for the guidance.
lol

December 29, 2011 2:44:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes Automatch is absolutely DEAD in demigod. It should be disabled in a patch it is that DEAD. Also random is still broken when hosting random DG games it always picks doubles.

I think shadowmaster is talking about other online gaming not Demigod. Shadowmaster, there is no automatch in demigod, it's completely broken from the start.

Yes, and for the password games it is new players. Must be friends playing private after getting somped who knows.

One thing for the noobs I've noticed games being hosted "Farming". Do they realize playing vs all AI will give them no stats or favor points? I pointed this out to a noob and was told I'm an idiot. Although I AM an idiot, I think I'm right on this one.

December 29, 2011 3:18:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

One thing for the noobs I've noticed games being hosted "Farming".

They probably create smurf accounts and farm them for stats. How else would it be possible for all those 80%+ total noobs to exist?

December 30, 2011 5:16:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMGIN1,
One thing for the noobs I've noticed games being hosted "Farming".

They probably create smurf accounts and farm them for stats. How else would it be possible for all those 80%+ total noobs to exist?
Steam sale? The Steam launch got quite a lot more people into the game honestly. But yeah, the twats playing AI only games in hopes of farming Favor are going to get disappointed

December 30, 2011 1:22:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's not a total waste to play against the AI in MP.  For beginners, it can be a quick way of gaining favor points so you can buy better favor items in later MP games.  You don't get to keep the favor points you accrue for the game, but you keep the points for every achievement you complete.  That, and no loss added to your stats if you care about that sort of thing.

Granted, it's faster to gain the points by playing the Pantheon or custom MP and staying even if you lose.  A minimum of 40 favor points for losing isn't a bad payback.

On another note, I've noticed a lot of folks leaving right before the end of the game though.  It's like they don't mind spending 20 minutes in a game for 0 payback plus a loss and dropped game added to their stats.  Go figure.

December 30, 2011 11:16:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Essentials

1) Blood of the Fallen
2) Dark Crimson Vial
3) Staff of Renewal
4) Blade of the Serpent
5) Heaven's Wrath
6) Cloak of Night

Until you have purchased these favor items, you should be sticking around to the bitter end of any game.

December 31, 2011 10:53:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

thank you, evry insightfull - favour items.

December 31, 2011 2:38:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks orion. Let's start a thread for noobs on what items absolutely not to get.... 600 hat...footman's sabatons....magical coin pouch. Oh you forgot Diamond Pendant for sedna and oak assasin builds.

With favor points, can't they just unlock all favor items for everyone. Just do it. Noobs have no chance without the above listed favor items by orion. 

December 31, 2011 5:41:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Running_Lukas,
..magical coin pouch

MCP occulus ftw

December 31, 2011 5:53:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Mcp rook

December 31, 2011 10:21:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've played coin pouch for a laugh...was a long time ago tho so maybe now I could make better use of it,

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001125   Page Render Time: