The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Antec 900 Motherboard upgrades....

By on November 2, 2011 12:33:00 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Anyone know if the original Antec 900 can be used if I want to use a LGA 1155 motherboard for a upgrade path?

+19 Karma | 6 Replies
November 2, 2011 5:53:17 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

It's a standard ATX case, no real reason you can't.

November 2, 2011 6:43:17 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Thanks

November 5, 2011 7:49:29 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I seriously doubt you can get AT form factor cases anymore. They haven't been made in many years.

November 5, 2011 2:01:41 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I have it as my case now with a 680i and a 2.4 quad was looking to keep the case for my upgrade if possible and save some bucks.

November 5, 2011 2:20:46 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

double post.

November 6, 2011 4:16:25 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

A good case is worth the investment. A friend of mine told me how many college students throw out perfectly good computer systems. His sister would collect some of the stuff to salvage and found out that the stuff still works fine.

A good case should outlast many hardware upgrades in terms of motherboard and CPU.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000047   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.