The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

How to report bots?

By on October 15, 2011 11:41:44 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Apparently, the forums is getting bot attacked here:

http://forums.galciv2.com/412760

But I do not see a report button anywhere.

Where can I report bots?

+1 Karma | 17 Replies
October 15, 2011 11:48:16 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

It is right next to the quote button. Even though you can't see it, it is there. I just used it.

October 15, 2011 11:52:37 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

October 15, 2011 11:54:29 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Wow, you can't see it there. I reported it too. 

October 16, 2011 12:42:13 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The GalCivII forums are broken like that. Sins of a Solar Empire is viewable.

October 16, 2011 10:41:31 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Where can I report bots?

Let a professional handle it.  Turn them over to this guy.

December 30, 2011 3:03:08 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

For me, none of the buttons show up at all until I put my mouse on an individual post. And comparing mine with RnD's, they also seem to move around? On mine, quote and reply are on the right side  as in RnD's screenshot, but report is on the left side next to the thumbs-up karma button. I'd attach a screenshot, but the insert image feature will only accept one from a URL, not one from my hard drive...

December 30, 2011 3:08:33 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting BBartCP,
report is on the left side next to the thumbs-up karma button.
In the OP it is on the top right. In the replies area, it is next to the karma button.  The buttons will show always in the OP, but only on mouseover in replies.

Do not adjust your set, this is normal.

As for images, you need to upload to a hosting site like ImageShack or Photobucket, copy the Direct Link and insert it into the box that opens when you click Insert/Edit Image.

December 30, 2011 3:47:52 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I don't like bots and spam in general, but the tons of Asian Hooker spam the elemental boards were getting, had me laughing pretty hard.  

December 30, 2011 4:00:00 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting Wizard1956,
...In the OP it is on the top right. In the replies area, it is next to the karma button.  The buttons will show always in the OP, but only on mouseover in replies.

Do not adjust your set, this is normal.

As for images, you need to upload to a hosting site like ImageShack or Photobucket, copy the Direct Link and insert it into the box that opens when you click Insert/Edit Image.

YMMV. At GC2, there is no visible Report button in the OP, but you can click where it should be visible and get the Report started.

December 30, 2011 7:32:28 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

None of that here.

December 30, 2011 7:37:52 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Yes, it's a gamer-ghetto thing apparently. But I still partly blame you 'skinners' on account of having read some Vernor Vinge stuff on flensing and having lived many long years as a critic of fashion over function when it comes to software design.

December 30, 2011 8:41:44 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Yesterday I 'took out' 57 posts to 57 separate threads .... almost all from one 'person'.

In the politest of vernacular......"shit happens" ....

January 1, 2012 11:23:48 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Jafo,
Yesterday I 'took out' 57 posts to 57 separate threads .... almost all from one 'person'.
In the politest of vernacular......"shit happens" ....

I hope you're in the mood for a rematch, there's another zillion spam posts flying around

January 1, 2012 12:11:01 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

How does one know a bot from a real person?

Do they leave an oil stain on the webpage? 

January 1, 2012 12:20:27 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Probably on the bottom of their shoes after tracking in their bot-shit.

January 1, 2012 12:37:03 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting RedneckDude,
Do they leave an oil stain on the webpage?

They leave a stain on the way out

January 1, 2012 6:11:17 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Uvah,
Probably on the bottom of their shoes after tracking in their bot-shit.

LOL ...

Nah, today there were 'only' 19 new-posted threads....the other day it was 57  separate existing threads by others hit with comments.....3 times as many.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000610   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.