The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod Mods - Here are the mods that YOU should use

By on September 16, 2011 12:16:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

pacov

Join Date 02/2008
+182

UPDATE 1/15/2013 - Removes MOBA mod; updates Balancemod to Ver 1.31

I thought I’d take a moment to post several of the commonly used mods as we’ve had an influx of new players and even some of the folks that have been around for awhile aren’t using the best mods.   If you want to just cut to the chase, I recommend simply downloading the following package:

Recommended DownloadPacov’s combined installation package

In order to simplify things for the community, I’ll be maintaining a combined installation package for everyone.  As releases to the most popular mods are made, I compile them into 1 executable.  All you have to do is download the executable, run the executable, and enable the mods in the in-game demigod mod manager.  This will basically be your 1 stop shop to getting the latest versions. 

Here’s what’s included in pacov’s combined installation package:

• Enhanced AI
  • Enhanced UI
  • FavorMod
  • Uberfix
  • Balance Mod
  • MOBA
  • No Spirit Citadel Rush

Download here:  https://www.box.com/s/kjbn2a9tiimu11a0e5iu

UI MODS

These are mods that improve the in game experience.  Some are simple, logical changes like making it so you can always see a number indicating how much HP or mana you have.  Other mods provide information on your teammate’s health and items.  Yet another one shows you how many minions you have along with their health status.  In short, you put yourself at a little bit of a disadvantage by not using these mods and I strongly recommend you use them.  I’ve added pictures so that you can easily see the differences between the original and modified UI.  Click on the links below to read up for details and to download.

The Enhanced UI mod package

This is a mod that combines the code from the 5 UI mods listed below.  If you choose to use this mod, you do not need to download the other UI mods listed below.  The only real benefit of this mod is that you only need to enable 1 mod instead of 5 in Demigod, but I recommend using this version.  If you have already downloaded my combined installation package, then you already have this.

Bman’s Godlike Team Panel v1.2.3 by bman654 :  this creates an overlay menu showing your teammates stats (hp/mana)

Before the mod:

before teampanel

After the mod:

teampanel

Bman’s Rampaging Minion Overlay 0.6 by bman654 :  this creates an overlay showing minion stats.

Before the mod:

Before Minion

After the mod:

minionsz

Rollover Ally Info v1.4.5 by Chirmaya (1.4.5 updated by pacov):  this enables you to move your mouse over a player on your team and see what items they have.  Very useful for knowing if a teammate has a sigil, etc.
Before the mod:
Before Rollover Ally
After the mod:

Rollover Ally

Always visible health and mana text by gunblob:  This makes it so your health and mana meters always show the text value of your hp as well (instead of just a green and blue bar).

Before the mod:

Before Always Visible

After the mod:

After Always Visible

Enhanced squelch/chat by mithy:  This mod simplifies the in game squelch/muting system and provides enhancements to the chat system.  

MOD’S THAT EVERYONE MUST HAVE INSTALLED TO WORK

This is worth me taking some time to explain.  There are certain mods that will ONLY work if every player in the game has them installed.  In most instances, you won’t be able to join a user’s game if you don’t have the mod installed.  Anyway, I say that to make this clear.  If you host a game with any of the following mods enabled (enabled and installed are very different – enabled means you turned it on in the demigod mod manager – installed means you ran one of the installers), only other players that have these mods installed (note installed – the folks joining your games do not have to enable the mods as long as they installed) will be able to join you.  If a player tries to join one of your games and happens to have an older version of a mod installed, they will still likely be able to join, but the game will desync.  If you have a game desync within the first few minutes, that’s what happened.  You can avoid this by making sure that everyone used my installer to get on the same version. 

Bug FixesUberfix 1.0X – this is a collection of fixes for bugs created by the community.

malicious_AIEnhanced AI v1.X – This is an excellent AI mod that vastly improves the vanilla AI.  If you even remotely like playing against the AI, use this mod and try it again. 

FavorMod v2.X – this is a brilliant collection of new favor items created by another great modder going by Exxcentric.  He’s created 20 + new favor items with a variety of new abilities.  Try this out for fun!

Balance Mod v1.X - this is a balance mod that's evolved over the past year or so created by Lord_Orion. 

Enfo’s Mod v1.3 SP and v1.1 SP/MP – this is another great mod created by Exxcentric.  In this mod, you fight wave after wave of creeps on a customized version of the brother’s map.  If you are looking to try something new, give this a shot.

MOBA 1.X - This mod places more emphasis on the MOBA aspects of the game. Citadel upgrades are affordable, and citadel upgrade units do not yield gold and XP to the enemy. As such, you'll be wanting to put more emphasis on citadel upgrades compared to normal Demigod. This is also a great opportunity to explore other aspects of Demigod's design that are often unseen in normal games, such as fielding upgraded citadel units early in the game or having heavily upgraded towers.

No Citadel Spirit Rush - The purpose of this mod is to remove an oaks ability to use a "spirit rush" to kill a citadel without nerfing a minion oak in any other way (eg all other structures, creeps, and demigods still take the same level of dmg as normal).

Pinned, Locked Post 31 Replies +3
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 16, 2011 12:17:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

NT

September 16, 2011 11:39:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

package

September 23, 2011 12:25:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

haha you said package

December 14, 2011 10:17:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

bump for new players.

December 15, 2011 12:20:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Will these work for the steam version? 

December 15, 2011 8:28:49 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

I'm honestly not sure about the differences in directory structure, though.  Could be the installer still dumps the files in the same place and it won't work.  I'll take a look at this and see about creating an installer for the steam version in case its not working.  Thanks for bringing this to my attention. 

December 15, 2011 10:23:31 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Long time ago i played Demigod and i like it alot

Now it's on Steam and i buy it directly, i used ur Modpack and played one single player match against the AI.

So everything worked for me correctly, no problem with installation and in game on my Steam version

Good work and thx alot.

greets chim

December 15, 2011 10:29:51 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Thanks for checking that out for me.  Much appreciated! 

December 22, 2011 5:09:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Greetings,

being a STEAM player as well I just installed the MODs yesterday evening.

In the beginning I just had Enhanced AI, Uberfix and Enhanced UI enabled and was able to play a (offline) tournament just fine until I reached round 4.

On leaving the post-game stats (click "continue") the game started to crash. On top Access violation in the debug logger that appeared, followed by a ton of other output which at this point unfortunately made not too much sense. 

So I progressed with the usual when seeing an access violation...checking physical memory, no errors  

Then disabling all mods and enabling one by one...seems at least with Enhanced UI and/or Enhanced AI I now can not only not continue to round 5 but also not quit a game at all without crashing.

Posting this in hope it is possibly something known which I can correct...if not, I'd gladly submit my logs to whoever wants them.

Cheers

December 22, 2011 8:48:00 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

That's interesting.  First I've heard of something like this.  If you are playing in the offline tournament mode, the enhanced AI mod doesn't even work (or at least that's my understanding).  AFAIK, it isn't even loaded.  I believe the game is designed so that the offline tournament and the online pantheon tournament cannot be modded with game altering mods.  Enhanced UI should work.

I'd suggest posting as many details as possible and perhaps we can figure something out.  That said, I'm at least under the impression that the problem you are having is unique to you for some reason. 

December 23, 2011 5:13:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I really want to download this, but i can't the links gives me this: the person who uploaded this is out of bandwith.

First i thought i needed a box account, which obviously, i didn't. so how to download this now. has is something to do with me living in europe or somethin?

plz help, i really want those mods. and getting them trough this installer would be verry nice 

December 23, 2011 10:02:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Pacov added a new link in the mod forum post of the same name. Not sure why he didn't update it here. He probably shot his eye out with Reg's crossbow while not wearing Bejewelled goggles or something.

Try this one if you haven't already.

http://www.mediafire.com/?89w6tteq8cr65d1

December 23, 2011 10:07:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks

December 23, 2011 10:09:38 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Thanks for posting the link over here too, Orion.

December 23, 2011 1:19:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Posted a link to this over on the steam forums.

December 28, 2011 2:03:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

As always, pacov it the best resource this community have (was in the beginning, and is still it seems). I played it on release, but lost interest after a while because of bugs and a low player base (and some bad people). When it hit steam I remembered how much fun I had with this and started playing again. I tried to download the modpack but pacovs fileshare/bandwidth could probably not handle all the new *steam*, so I was delighted when a new link got online. Still, the community has some odd people, but I have got some good games going with people about my level (casual). Too bad you can't mod the tournament, but I will play the single player now again with the enhanced AI. Because, even as a casual player being nightmare was a joke. All you worried about was if your teammate-AI was going to feed the enemy-AI or not.

In short, yay for new link.

December 28, 2011 2:20:33 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Glad you are having fun and happy to help.  If you do dig around a bit, you might be able to find a link to the old AI mod.  I believe Peppe modded it to work in tournament mode as well.  It was a little tricky, though.  You needed a modified dgdata.zip along with a modified Demigod.exe.  It did work, though.  I just didn't pay too much attention to it back then as I never really got into the SP tournament mode.  If you are interesting, I'd suggest doing a search for skirmish AI on the forum and see what you can find... its probably buried in one of peppe's old threads... who knows, though - it might be in the OP.

January 6, 2012 1:12:52 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Yo. Steam user here.

I'm having problems with the modpack in the form of insane slowdowns. I'm talking 10 fps post install and i've got no idea what to do or how to fix it. More people besides me are having this problem, but didn't bother to register here or something.

Basically, installed the modpack, read the instructions, start a single player tournament, get 10 fps. Tried disabling individual mods for a while, didn't have any effect, decided to post here.

Help with this would be cool since the fixes / additions are pretty vital the way i see it. Also this forum doesn't have an advanced search function (or it's hidden) so apologies if this is post >9000 regarding the matter.

Prior to installing the pack, game ran fine with high everything, 2x AA. Never had slowdowns or anything of the likes.

Specs: (copy paste from steam sysinfo.)

Processor Information:
Vendor: GenuineIntel
Speed: 2095 Mhz
4 logical processors
2 physical processors
HyperThreading: Supported
FCMOV: Supported
SSE2: Supported
SSE3: Supported
SSSE3: Supported
SSE4a: Unsupported
SSE41: Supported
SSE42: Supported

Operating System Version:
Windows 7 (64 bit)
NTFS: Supported
Crypto Provider Codes: Supported 323 0x0 0x0 0x0

Video Card:
Driver: AMD Radeon HD 6470M

DirectX Driver Name: aticfx32.dll
Driver Version: 8.811.1.4000
DirectX Driver Version: 8.17.10.1063
Driver Date: 27 Jan 2011
Desktop Color Depth: 32 bits per pixel
Monitor Refresh Rate: 60 Hz
DirectX Card: AMD Radeon HD 6470M
VendorID: 0x1002
DeviceID: 0x6760
Number of Monitors: 1
Number of Logical Video Cards: 1
No SLI or Crossfire Detected
Primary Display Resolution: 1366 x 768
Desktop Resolution: 1366 x 768
Primary Display Size: 18.98" x 10.67" (21.73" diag)
48.2cm x 27.1cm (55.2cm diag)
Primary Bus Type Not Detected
Primary VRAM: 512 MB
Supported MSAA Modes: 2x 4x

Sound card:
Audio device: Speaker/HP (Realtek High Defini

Memory:
RAM: 4077 Mb

Miscellaneous:
UI Language: English
Microphone: Not set
Media Type: DVD
Total Hard Disk Space Available: 458742 Mb
Largest Free Hard Disk Block: 333579 Mb
OS Install Date: 1 01 1970
Game Controller: None detected

January 6, 2012 2:05:45 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Do you have the same problem when you just host a local game (eg host a game and play you vs ai).  If you haven't tried this, please do so and reply here.  First I've heard of this issue.  The more details you can provide the better.  Thanks.

Also, please list the mods you have enabled.  Thanks.

January 6, 2012 5:54:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well.  I did some testing on the steam version of the game and can not replicate the issue you are describing. 

I tested playing in tournament mode, single player. 

I tested with just enhanced UI enabled.  Then I tested again with enhanced ai, enhanced UI, and uberfix enabled.  No slow down or issues for me. 

Side note - The enhanced AI mod isn't used in tournament mode, even if you have it enabled. 

January 7, 2012 12:12:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Im, a steam user and all went quite ok, no problems what so ever.

Id recommend reinstalling, using cccleaner in between, then try again.

January 8, 2012 10:23:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah it didn't occur since that one time and probably didn't have anything to do with the mods themselves. Problem solved itself, but i don't know how.

Also, is there a way to get the mods to work in tournament mode as well (valor items, AI mod, Oak rush) ? I'm guessing not but repeatedly bashing the AI is getting old fast.

E: Figured out the slowdown. It's occurring when i shut down the laptop i'm using, but not turning it off. For some reason, demigod hates sleep mode, but everything else seems unaffected. Probably some weird windows 7 side effect.

January 8, 2012 11:43:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Glad your problem is sorted at least! 

There are ways to get these changes into the skirmish mode, but they require modding dgdata.zip and creating an alternate demigod.exe.  Peppe did this some time ago for an early version of the enhanced ai mod (called skirmish ai).  Basically, instead of "modding" per se, you insert the code DIRECTLY into dgdata.zip (which is like running the code as if its not a mod - instead, actually part of the normal code).  Doing this directly in dgdata.zip though, means that if you will desync if you play online UNLESS you create a specialized dgdata.zip and a new demigod.exe.  Anyway, I'm not going to code something like that, but peppe created something that might work for you... if you can find it...

I'd just recommend playing in non tournament games vs the ai if its boring the crap out of you.  Or you can spice things up by trying uneven matches (you vs 2 enhanced ai or go online and play a comp stomp game with like you and someone vs 3 ai). 

January 16, 2012 6:53:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oh that is why I did not see any new items when I installed and went into a tournament game. The way steam sorts files I could not find the readme's so I have been going about this based off Pacov's instructions. My question is about the UI actually. I will see if it happens again, but the game I played that utilized the enhanced UI kind of wierded out on me. It was working great, and then Regulus and Rook took a death. After that death the UI showed their hp as 0/whatever, so I hovered over Rook and he was at full health, with about 2x the hp(max) it had listed.

Just curious if it is my system causing this, Steam, or is the Mod known to do this? I apologize if this has been asked and answered, though an older gamer I did not even start with forums until SC2, so I am still learning the ropes as far as those are concerned.

On a side note, thank you, Pacov. Your continued support sure makes us newer players feel at home. It is always nice having someone to turn to when it all becomes too confusing. At least I only played twenty-five hours before finding this link and installing the upgrades!

January 17, 2012 10:56:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Steele - I'm glad to help out where I can. 

The trick to fixing issues is often in reproducing the problem.  So, if you encounter the problem again or remember EXACT instances where you've seen this happen, please reply here or in the Enhanced UI thread.  I'm not currently doing any mod coding, but perhaps someone else will look into this or I'll end up motivated to resolve any issue.  I do hate bugs anyway

That said, Lord Orion has been making updates to multiple mods, so I expect to release an updated combined mod package sometime over the next 2-3 days or so.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000375   Page Render Time: