The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Is it a Sin to give Karma?

By on September 7, 2011 10:11:16 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I'm love'n the new Sins of a Solar empire website updates, but somebodies hidden the Karma window

Though I did finally find it hiding under the forum background when I make my browser stretch across two monitors...

+189 Karma | 17 Replies
September 7, 2011 10:40:09 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Until the fix they fix this minor glitch, the best way I have found is to decrease the page size until you are able to see the karma window and you can type your message and give karma to the recipient. Example, if your page is at 100%, lower to 50%-75% to see karma window.....

September 7, 2011 6:44:22 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Going by the abundance of evidence in the real world, it is quite clear that Karma actually works in the opposite way to our definition of the term (and Earl).... Therefore one could suggest that the universe may actually be offended and consider it a sin to give Karma to people on the forum for being good/helpful!!

September 8, 2011 2:30:38 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

It is a sin to give karma to anyone... except me...

September 8, 2011 4:41:57 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Fuzzy Logic,

His logic is fuzzy, give it to me!

September 8, 2011 8:33:06 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Or, his logic is so fuzzy that it's actually the truth.

September 8, 2011 1:20:06 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Humans become emotional over the receipt of karma: "I'm so wonderful, I deserve this", "why haven't these bastards given me any" - do I really need to give more examples of human irrational behaviour?

It is therefore logical to give all the karma to me. I have no feelings towards karma at all, it just is. Plus if all the karma is given to me, you humans will no longer give your displays of anger, rage and jelousy over who does or does not have karma.

September 8, 2011 2:15:14 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Fuzzy Logic,

he's right so like he said give all karma to ME

September 13, 2011 6:13:49 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Should be fixed now. If not, try doing a hard refresh (Ctrl + F5).

Bara

September 13, 2011 9:55:44 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Fixed it for me, thanks Bara.

September 14, 2011 2:51:17 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

So it was broken, and that's why I've not had any karma?

September 14, 2011 6:03:24 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Fuzzy Logic,
So it was broken, and that's why I've not had any karma?

Only on the Sins forum

Bara

September 15, 2011 2:31:37 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Only on the Sins forum

Hardly anyone over here has karma. It makes my tiny +324 look impressive

Hmm, there are a lot of people here who are helpful. I shall make it my task to give them karma

September 15, 2011 2:36:24 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Gamers are notoriously selfish.  It's all about tiger's blood and winning and all of that stuff.  Modder's though, we bridge the gap.

September 15, 2011 10:21:51 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

@fuzzylogic    I really admire the new mission you have taken upon  yourself.   Giving karma to helpful people is a noble (if fuzzy) goal.  However, please be advised that such a mission requires paitence and practice.  Since I am a helpful gal, I would like to volunteer my services to your noble mission.  You may pratice giving karma to me.  Please do this as often as you feel the need to practice your new art.  Then, when you have become an expert at giving karma, everyone else will be very happy to also avail themselves of your most kind, noble, and selfless mission to karma-ize our forums.

September 15, 2011 1:35:33 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I have two rules to do with karma:

1) It is better to give than to receive

2) If anyone asks for karma they will receive a spank instead

If you need clarification of rule 2, details of handcuffs, straps, chains, whips etc, please let me know

September 15, 2011 1:56:30 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

@ fuzzy... i did not ASK for karma, I merely volunteered to assist you in perfecting your noble mission. 

September 15, 2011 2:33:24 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Stant123,
Gamers are notoriously selfish.  It's all about tiger's blood and winning and all of that stuff.  Modder's though, we bridge the gap.

Good points, plus I'm behind on my Karma ratio which should be atleast 1:1 or better

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000688   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.