The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Some Information, Please

Dazed and Confused

By on September 3, 2011 6:43:39 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Well, I'm guessing I didn't win the Wincustomize subscription for August's screenshot thread. So I decided to buy it today instead.

I've noticed a few things though, and I thought that becoming a subscriber would sort them out. It hasn't, so I need some info and/or help with them.

Firstly, there seems to be a difference between my Wincustomize site when compared to others. I hope you don't mind Doc, but I grabbed a screenshot of your site to illustrate my point.

I don't have that nice charcoal coloured bar or any of the tabs. Is there something I need to do to have one? I've logged out then cleared the cookies and cache for my browser, but that didn't help.

Secondly, on my forum profile my motto doesn't show up, and there doesn't seem to be a place for a list of friends, like others have. Hell, I don't even know how you add someone as a friend. I can't add a favourite skin either. Though on that one I've read two seperate threads regarding the same issue, and there doesn't seem to be an answer beyond "personal sites are not supported", so I figure theres no way for me to add a favourite skin.

Any help/info would be greatly appreciated.

+119 Karma | 40 Replies
September 17, 2011 5:51:38 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting DrJBHL,
Starcandy, I figured it out. I think.

You are a Citizen(1). You have no bar. None of the other Citizen (1)'s have a black bar either.

mrs starkers is an apprentice (2). She has a bar. starkers is a Master Apprentice (3) and has a bar. Wizard1956 is a Journeyman(4) and has a bar. vStyler is a Master (5) and has a bar. I am a Wizop (6) and have a bar.

Soooo - I think it's all tied to rank (level of access). When your access level changes, what do you bet you get a black bar? The only other variable I haven't controlled for is length of time here/member number....

Search around and see if that holds up.

Now gimme my black bar back, you sneaky lurker, you.

Interesting post. Yup no black bar with tabs for me either and I have apprentice rank so I guess that can't be it. I also always get the same thing Starcandy does when clicking on the My site tab.

September 17, 2011 7:59:52 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting JuniorCrooks,
Yup no black bar with tabs for me either and I have apprentice rank so I guess that can't be it. I also always get the same thing Starcandy does when clicking on the My site tab.

Maybe we'll get certain features back when Wincustomize 2012 comes around, now that the delightful Australian woman isn't here, whoever she was.

Po, I don't know if I should congratulate you on the picture, or tell you you're a sick puppy. Either way, it's going to be a good few hours before I can think about having breakfast.

September 17, 2011 8:32:42 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Bebi Bulma,
Wow starkers....just wow.

Damned cupcakes!

It was the sugar rush, you know.

And Po`.....  is such a bad influence.

September 17, 2011 8:44:27 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting starkers,
And Po`.....  is such a bad influence.

I wasn't always this way.

I think I'm prematurely turning into a dirty old man.

I've had this urge to get up at 5 a.m. and sit on a bench and check out the mall walkers.

And I've been thinking that Stockard Channing is pretty damn hot lately. Especially in Practical Magic. It's the whole witch / gypsy thing.

Considering the heavy influence of folks from down under in the forums, I blame Australia for my behavior.

September 17, 2011 8:51:00 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting starkers,
Maybe we'll get certain features back when Wincustomize 2012 comes around, now that the delightful Australian woman isn't here, whoever she was

Sadly, it wasn't just her.  Others also abused the guest book feature... namely spammers, and spoilt it for everyone.

As for the whoever bit, well that's not so important, it's the wherever..... and fortunately, that's nowhere near me.

I enjoy my peace and quiet too much... can't say sanity, though. 

Nah, lost that donkey's yonks ago, though many would say I never had much of a grasp on it to begin with.

September 17, 2011 9:08:39 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting PoSmedley,
I think I'm prematurely turning into a dirty old man.

Too late, you were a dirty old man at a very young age.  I mean, sneaking into the girls locker room at kindergarten to sniff the benches is not normal behaviour for 3 year olds

Quoting PoSmedley,
I've had this urge to get up at 5 a.m. and sit on a bench and check out the mall walkers.

And you don't think people will figure out why you keep your hands in your pockets?

Quoting PoSmedley,
And I've been thinking that Stockard Channing is pretty damn hot lately.

C'mon, you'd think Anne Ramsey was hot.....

Quoting PoSmedley,
Considering the heavy influence of folks from down under in the forums, I blame Australia for my behavior.

No, I blame your love affair with Skinhit.

September 17, 2011 9:14:28 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting starkers,

Did you just compare Stockard to Anne?

September 17, 2011 10:08:35 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting PoSmedley,

Did you just compare Stockard to Anne?

Um... NO!!!    Just sayin' that you'd be just as delighted to have a magazine with an Anne Ramsay centerfold under your mattress.

September 17, 2011 2:07:37 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting starkers,
Nah, lost that donkey's yonks ago, though many would say I never had much of a grasp on it to begin with.

starkers is jealous because his grip is more slippery than others.

September 18, 2011 12:21:35 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Uvah,

Quoting starkers, reply 30Nah, lost that donkey's yonks ago, though many would say I never had much of a grasp on it to begin with.

starkers is jealous because his grip is more slippery than others.

It's amazing, isn't it, the next least sane person on the site is mentioning/questioning my "slippery grip" on sanity.  That's a bit like the pot calling the kettle black, me thinks.  I mean, since when was your grasp on sanity any more than very well lubricated?  Yup, you lost your faculties faster than greased lightning buttered on both sides.  And who else answered my silly questions with equally silly questions? [yup, another funny thread that died in the arse before its time]

And speaking of losing your faculties...

An 86 year old goes to his doctor and complains that he is losing his faculties.  The doctor checks him over and says: "Well you seem to be in perfect health for a man of your age, so why do you think you are losing your faculties?"

"Well," exclaims the 86 y/o: "Last night I asked the missus for a quickie and she snapped back '"Don't be a silly old bugger, that'd be the fourth one tonight.'"

BTW, Uvah, it's good to see you've got yourself back on line again.

September 18, 2011 6:48:54 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting starkers,
Yup, you lost your faculties faster than greased lightning buttered on both sides.

You forgot the hot knife. Faster that way.

September 18, 2011 10:13:48 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Uvah,
You forgot the hot knife. Faster that way.

You mean to say that you really severed ties with your faculties?

Did it hurt?

September 18, 2011 11:09:29 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Nah......smooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooth as in smoooooooooooooooooooooooooooth.

September 18, 2011 12:24:07 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Uvah,
Nah......smooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooth as in smoooooooooooooooooooooooooooth.

Smooth as a baby's bum, yer reckon?

September 20, 2011 8:29:02 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Absablutelly

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000516   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.