The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Nat Facilitator Issue - 8/15/2011 3pm Est - MP WORKS AGAIN!

By on August 3, 2011 12:47:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

pacov

Join Date 02/2008
+182

Everyone that plays Demigod online is aware that there is currently an outage on the Demigod MP servers (anytime you host a game, you get the Nat Facilitator error).  The issue began on 8/3/2011 around 2AM EST and is still ongoing as of 12:50PM EST. 

I've chatted up a few people at SD (and sent the appropriate emails to support) and they are aware of the issue.  The issue appears to be because many of the servers that were once housed at Stardock are being moved to Gamestop facilities.  The closest thing I've got to an estimate on how long it will take to get things back up and running is "hours yet, maybe a day."  So, they are working to resolve this.  I'd just check back in from time to time and see if things are back up and running. 

Update 8/3/2011 from Island Dog:  "Just an FYI that it won't be back tonight, they are looking at sometime tomorrow."

Update 8/4/2011 from T-man:  "We are still working on getting the NAT Faciliator back online.  But due to several technical difficulties it is unlikely that we will get it back online this week.  I would estimate that we will have it working again mid next week. Our apologies for the inconvenience."

Update 8/15/2011 around 3PM EST:  The servers appear to be back up and the issues seem to have been resolved.

Locked Post 120 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 3, 2011 12:56:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Did they sau anything about not just moving the servers but moving the "rights"?

I mean is it still stardock or will Gamestop by the boss now?

August 3, 2011 1:04:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Maulkin,
Did they sau anything about not just moving the servers but moving the "rights"?

I mean is it still stardock or will Gamestop by the boss now?

That I do not know.  I know that we lost opengames.asp as a result of some of the servers being migrated over to gamestop.  It's reasonably safe to say that we will have MP back up and running in the near future, though. 

August 3, 2011 2:02:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i'v been trying to play on gameranger but it seems they have a dif version 1.3 and mine is 1.2 any1 knows how to fix this?

August 3, 2011 2:39:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks, in1.  I'd personally recommend waiting for the servers to come back up, but there you have it.

August 3, 2011 2:43:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, you'll find some strange home rules there. For example, they play more Prison than Cata, which most definitely is not a plus. The only prominent players to show up there are Iz and MacLoover/Slonik, I think. Though they do have a bunch of decent mids/lower-level pros.

August 3, 2011 3:17:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

we had a good 4v4 match on Levi without any lags there, just a few minutes ago. And Cataract always in priority

August 3, 2011 3:26:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Levi is one of my fav maps. I wanna play one the biggest one more though!

August 3, 2011 3:39:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

In your games? I'm sure it is, Dream. Not that sure about the other guys. From my limited experience, even Ex-Sharingan hosts Prison games.

August 3, 2011 6:07:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If I get any updates or hear anything more definitive, I will post here. 

August 3, 2011 6:11:44 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Just an FYI that it won't be back tonight, they are looking at sometime tomorrow.

August 3, 2011 6:19:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hosting with current Impulse version at Gameranger for anybody interested

August 3, 2011 6:56:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nail in the coffin? 

August 3, 2011 7:10:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_ZEX,
Nail in the coffin?

Well if it is that's a pretty crap way to finish it up....

August 3, 2011 7:25:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Island Dog,
Just an FYI that it won't be back tonight, they are looking at sometime tomorrow.

Thanks for the update!

August 3, 2011 8:45:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG__IN1,
Yeah, you'll find some strange home rules there. For example, they play more Prison than Cata, which most definitely is not a plus. The only prominent players to show up there are Iz and MacLoover/Slonik, I think. Though they do have a bunch of decent mids/lower-level pros.
To 99% the real server "pros" would destroy the gameranger "pros" )))

Quoting Island Dog,

If you guys are not doing anything for the game, after people paid for it, can you at least stop killing it? Thank You

Zen_God

August 3, 2011 8:48:34 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting JUSThaveFUN,
if you guys are not doing anything for the game, after people paid for it, can you at least stop killing it? Thank You

GPG are the developers of Demigod.

This was a hardware issue that is affecting more than just Demigod.  It wasn't planned and we are working to get it back going as soon as possible.

August 3, 2011 8:55:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Island Dog,
This was a hardware issue that is affecting more than just Demigod. It wasn't planned and we are working to get it back going as soon as possible.
Thank you for the quick answer, I really appreciate the effort and am sorry if I am hammering on the wrong people. 

It just seems wrong, that illegal platforms are encouraged when the legal paid for ones do not work. And the crying out for demigod's support should never stop.

August 3, 2011 9:53:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting JUSThaveFUN,
It just seems wrong, that illegal platforms are encouraged when the legal paid for ones do not work. And the crying out for demigod's support should never stop.

Well, also keep in mind that SD isn't suggesting to use game ranger.  I suggested it as an option while the servers were down.  Frankly, I don't really know about the legality of using the free software game ranger to play a legally obtained copy of DG.  But that said, I still just recommend waiting. I really don't know if you can use your current version of DG to play on there or if it requires some hacked nonsense. 

I'm removing the links in1 provided (thank you for providing them, though) in case it is a question of legality. 

Side note, though - just did a quick test with nacross - you can host and join games using the current version of Demigod on game ranger without using any modified version.  This doesn't allow anyone that might be using a cracked copy to join you, which is good at least.  You are just essentially playing over lan using a legal copy of the game, which I'd assume isn't a legal concern. 

August 3, 2011 10:01:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_pacov,
I'm removing the links in1 provided (thank you for providing them, though) in case it is a question of legality.
I wasn't trying to kill the last ways of means of how to play demigod in a grey area. I was just pointing out that so many flaws on a server in general encourage other means of playing their games on other servers where the number of players are not counted for official demigod use and support. If we all end up playing on ballabullu.com this game will be counted dead and the end.

August 4, 2011 12:11:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, hopefully we are back in business by this time tomorrow.  Night folks!

August 4, 2011 12:26:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

????????????????????????????????????

August 4, 2011 2:53:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_pacov,

...Side note, though - just did a quick test with nacross - you can host and join games using the current version of Demigod on game ranger without using any modified version.  This doesn't allow anyone that might be using a cracked copy to join you, which is good at least.  You are just essentially playing over lan using a legal copy of the game, which I'd assume isn't a legal concern. 

That's right, you don't need to be a pirate to play legal copies through alternatives other than the normal way.

August 4, 2011 5:23:08 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hey. Gameranger requires players to have exact same copy of demigod, so that they could play together. Be it 1.0, 1.2 or 1.3 versions. However gameranger players have a bit different version than us here, so you cannot play with them, if you don't have their version. Though can easily play together with each our from here having the currect version.

Mods there for some reason don't work besides UI mods (cannot see host then). Sometimes you need to port forward or you get italic name (0 ping).

Player skill? Haven't played much lately there, but probably mostly mids. Also, probably 80 % of them are russians, so it's not easy to communicate with them.

August 4, 2011 8:44:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Comon, get the servers up already! I am getting withdrawls!

August 4, 2011 2:12:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

We are still working on getting the NAT Faciliator back online.  But due to several technical difficulties it is unlikely that we will get it back online this week.  I would estimate that we will have it working again mid next week.

Our apologies for the inconvenience.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000734   Page Render Time: