The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

game crashed?

By on July 10, 2011 4:46:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Plaguewraith

Join Date 04/2011
+9

Hi!

We were just playing a game and it was rather long. At the end (our citadel was being attacked by creeps and we were about to loose) there poppped up a window that reads something like "invalid game stats" and "game will be exit". A tie counter was also be seen if I remember right. I look up my statistic. It seemed like the game never happened...

Does somebody know what that was or how it is caused?

Thx for any replies!

Locked Post 6 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 10, 2011 5:16:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

someone cheated

July 10, 2011 5:46:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

you mean crashing the game on purpose?

Or is someone caught cheating by the stat server?

July 10, 2011 7:51:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting awuffleablehedgie,
someone cheated

lol you don't know that. But if you have a look at who was in the game you would get a fair idea.

July 10, 2011 11:35:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"our citadel was being attacked by creeps and we were about to loose"

That is pretty much a give away... Yes someone crashed the game on purpose, and it's pretty much unpreventable because of the way demigod is programmed (it's a flaw with all P2P games and is recognized "negative" of going P2P). It used to occur on accident with people who were russian because of a bug... 

July 11, 2011 12:13:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hmm, there were maybe russian players in the game. But surely, it is a little bit strange that it occurs just before our citadel was destroyed...

I looked up my teammates and they don't have a strange statistic. Both under 50% wins.

One has 30%, the other 25% of disconnected games (compared with all games played).

Nothing special or am I wrong?

Or does this game even not count for disconnected games?

July 11, 2011 12:39:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It never happened, so no stats, no disconnected times recorded, etc. Just simply, that match never was. People often prevent such recording of stats and games when playing 1v1 as it is very easy to do, by simply leaving as host (not that error, but still).

Russian player bug is no longer here, as it was fixed some time ago with 1.3 patch I think. Trying to use cheats might make it appear. On purpose trying to make your game go out of sync, etc.

That exact error with 10 seconds countdown meant that game was desynced and all players saw different future for those 10 seconds. For example in my game I kill you, in yours you kill me. It's pointless to play, so game just throws you out. It doesn't count because host leaves. If one side very quickly conceded during that countdown, the game might have been recorded... Cannot remember exactly, but people never do that anyway.

Desyncs can happen when trying to cheat (codes don't work, but still they desync game), having very unstable game (ping spikes, drops, etc), when people simply leave the game (not so big chance, but it does really happen), and for some other unknown reason. Very very rarely happens for some other unknown reason, but it also does. There are more ways, but those would do only players, with a huge intention to desync and I doubt that there are left any like that.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000078   Page Render Time: